Replaced (Chapter 1)

That Awkward Moment When (You Figure Out You're in Love with Your Best Friend)

This is set a while after Chapter 15 in MAMA: Eclipse. (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/172345/mama-eclipse-exo-kaihan-krisyeol-chenlay-baekhun)

If you haven't read Kironstree's story that this is based off of, here's what was going on:

Se Hun is in love with Baekhyun.  Of course, he doesn't want to admit that.   But he is.  Which is why he gets super pissed when Chanyeol starts cozying up to Baekhyun because a) Se Hun wants Baekhyun all to himself and b) Se Hun doesn't like Chanyeol.  Got it?

Chanyeol goes to Baekhyun for comfort because they used to be childhood friends before Se Hun came into the picture.  Right before this, Kris and Chanyeol have , but in the morning Kris is gone, leaving Chanyeol devastated.  Completely conflicted with his feelings, he goes to Baekhyun for help, despite the chance he will be driven away.

Still reading this?

Cool.

Side Note: I wrote this before Kironstree updated with Chapter 18, so this is how I was imagining the Baekhun confession scene to turn out.  In fact, I wrote this before I'd even read all of her story.  So I apologize if you read this because you love !Sehun and come out of the experience disappointed.  Both Baekhyun and Se Hun are probably extremely out of character, and again I apologize profusely.

Got through that okay?  Alright!  On with the story!


Se Hun had been replaced.

That was what he had convinced himself, anyways, because after all, why else would Baekhyun have been with Chanyeol?  He was being replaced.  And he was pissed.  No one replaced Oh Se Hun, no one.  Especially not some gay kid that couldn’t keep his feelings straight from his . 

So while Baekhyun had been cozying up to Chanyeol, Se Hun had gotten revenge.  He’d never thought he’d even become remotely okay with getting help from the quiet-closet-case Lay and out-and-proud-jackass Kris, but it’d happened.  After all, all was fair in love and war, right?

If only Se Hun could figure out which one he was in at the moment.

Either way, Se Hun was going to use his newfound “acquaintances” to his advantage.  He’d been trying, anyway.  Baekhyun still seemed kind of content avoiding him.  That’s why Se Hun was surprised when Baekhyun had asked if he wanted to come over after school.  Some part of Se Hun had been hopeful for a moment, but the dominant part of his mind wrote it off as Baekhyun’s feeling guilty.  Which he should have felt.  Because he’d replaced Se Hun.  With Chanyeol.

Dammit to hell.

When he was already at Baekhyun’s house in his room, Se Hun sat silently as Baekhyun rambled off a list of what they could do.  In a way, he was protesting against what Baekhyun had done.  Sure, maybe Se Hun had been the one who replaced Chanyeol first, but either way Se Hun was mad.  Upon finally noticing his lack of response, Baekhyun frowned and said, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong,” Se Hun replied curtly.  “I don’t care what we do.  Whatever’s fine.”

Baekhyun plopped down in his desk chair and glared at Se Hun.  “Something’s up with you.  You used to always want to hang out and do stuff.  This is the first time we’ve seen each other outside of class in 2 weeks.  You’re always talking with Lay and Kris.”

Se Hun laughed bitterly.  “So it’s my fault?  You’re the one who’s replaced me with Chanyeol!  Because he’s obviously better than me even though he and Kris ed-”

“Wait, how did you know about that?”

“-But that’s okay because you’re childhood friends which you’ve just gotta announce to everybody, along with those stupid Bacon and Eggyeol nicknames, so obviously you’d rather be all cuddly with him than hang out with me!”

“What are you talking about?” Baekhyun asked, bewildered.

Jerk.  “I saw you.  2 weeks ago.  You two were cuddling.  On your bed.  Thanks for forgetting to pick me up, while we’re at it.  Did you think I wouldn’t find out about you guys?  Or that I wouldn’t care?  Either way, you were wrong.”

Baekhyun had been staring at Se Hun with wide eyes throughout his entire rant, but after Se Hun stopped yelling, Baekhyun grinned almost sadistically.  “Oh, now I get it.  You’re not mad that I haven’t been hanging out with you.  You’re mad because I’ve been with hanging out with Chanyeol.”

“Isn’t that what I’ve been saying for the past 5 minutes?” Se Hun said crossly.

Baekhyun just shook his head.  “This is ridiculous.  You’re being ridiculous.”

I’m being ridiculous?  You’re the one who-”

“Yes, you are,” Baekhyun cut him off, standing up.  “Because you think that I’m into Chanyeol.”

“I don’t think, I know,” Se Hun said stubbornly, leaning back a little when Baekhyun started walking towards him.

“You think I’m into Chanyeol,” Baekhyun repeated.  “You think I’m into Chanyeol and you don’t like it because you’re into me.”

“I never said that.”

“But you didn’t have to,” Baekhyun said simply, stopping to stand in front of Se Hun.  “You’re into me.  You care about me in that way.”  Se Hun fell silent at his accusation, and finally Baekhyun said, “You’re an idiot.”

I’m the idiot?  Who’s the conceited that just accused me of being in love with him?  You can try to talk yourself up all you want but I do not like you.  In that way.”

“Yeah, you do,” Baekhyun said, and Se Hun had to lean back a little more because he was pretty sure Baekhyun’s face was getting closer and closer.  “And you’re an idiot.  You’re an idiot that’s in love with me.”  Se Hun glared at him in response, and Baekhyun said, “Do you want to know why you’re an idiot?”

“Why’s that,” Se Hun said, acid in his tone.

Baekhyun leaned down to brush Se Hun’s hair out of his eyes.  “Because you think that I care about Chanyeol the same way I care about you.” Se Hun just stared at him, and Baekhyun said, “A long time ago, I decided I was only going to love one person.  Even if he could never love me back.”   Baekhyun was silent for a moment, and then he continued, “I was talking about you.  Because I do care about you.  In that way.  And if you don’t feel the same, then you’d better tell me now before I make a complete fool of myself.”

Se Hun didn’t move.  In fact, he was convinced that this was all a dream that he would wake up from any second now.  But Baekhyun was leaning closer and Se Hun still wasn’t waking up.

“Do you care about me in that way, Se Hun?  Even if I’m a conceited that just accused you of being in love with me?”  Baekhyun’s face was just inches away from Se Hun’s, and Se Hun could feel his warm breath on his face.  “Even if Chanyeol and I have stupid childhood nicknames for each other?”  5 inches.  “Even if I’ve been acting like I’m into him?”  4.  “Even if I’ve been lying about not caring about you?” 3.  “Even if I’ve been calling you an idiot for believing me?” 2.

“Do you want to be with me, Se Hun?”

1.

Se Hun lifted his head to look into Baekhyun’s eyes.  “Please,” he whispered, voice a little ragged.

And that was all the prompting Baekhyun needed, because the next second their lips were crushed together in a kiss full of frustration and anger and teen angst because God, they’d been in love with each other for so long and neither of them had wanted to admit it.  But none of that really mattered then, and Se Hun was pulling Baekhyun down onto the bed with him because he needed him, he needed Baekhyun and every part of him.  Baekhyun was holding the back of Se Hun’s head to deepen their kiss and their tongues were crashing together and Se Hun felt like the temperature in the room had just shot up a million degrees.  Baekhyun must have felt the same because he stripped off his shirt, and Se Hun followed suit.  Before Se Hun knew exactly what was happening, they were full blown making out and Se Hun was so glad that Baekhyun’s parents were never home because Baekhyun Baekhyun Baekhyun and Se Hun was pretty sure he’d never been so before in his life.  Because he was kissing Baekhyun.  Baekhyun.  The boy he’d been in love with for who knew how long.

And what was wrong with that?