New Year's, New Life, New Love? (two shot)

New Year's, New Life, New Love? (two shot)

 

The next morning:

Aaron’s POV:
Okay this plan is good. I walked into class and she was there. Dang it Aaron! How can you forget the most important part of the plan?! I sit right in front of her in class! Now, what… No wait… I know… ignorance is bliss….

I walked to my seat and sat.

She did not notice me. Good. Oh never mind.

Gui: Good Morning!

I ignored her. She went back to talking with Ya Tou.

Then a person walked by and knocked over my folder. All my papers fell out. The person apologized and walked away. I started to pick up the papers.

Gui: Hey! Do you think saying sorry and walking off is very nice?! At least help him pick up his papers.

She bent down and helped me pick up the papers. She handed them to me. I took them and sat back down.

Gui: At least say thank you.

Aaron: Thanks. Next time, mind your own business.

Gui: What?! Mr. Aaron Yan, I-

Aaron: I never told you my name.

Gui: It was on the papers.

Aaron: Didn’t your parents ever teach you that you should not look at other people’s things without permission?

Gui: I just saw it by accident when I helped you pick up the papers.

Aaron: I did not need your help.

Gui: You-

The professor came in and she sat back down and did not speak another word. The bell rang and I went out the room before she could say or do any thing.

Gui’s POV:

That jerk is so rude, I helped him and he did not even seem thankful. I am really going to get revenge.

My plan starts now. First, I need to find Hebe.

Hebe: What do you want from me new girl?

Gui: I need you to help me.

Hebe: What?!

Gui: Look I need you to get close to Aaron and if that goes well, he will even be your boyfriend.

Hebe: That is ridiculous. I am not falling for that.

Gui: My name is Gui Gui not new girl.

Hebe: Whatever. I am not helping. Do not waste my time. (she walks off)

Fine plan Hebe failed. I still have plan Gui Gui. Just watch Aaron Yan. I will make you fall for me and hurt you, bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron’s POV:

I have successfully avoided Gui Gui for one day. Well not really, but close enough. I was about to take a shower when I got a phone call.

Aaron: Hello.

???: Aaron, I want you to meet someone.

Aaron: Father, for the last time I will not marry a person you chose for me.

Mr.Yan: You have to Aaron, unless you already have a person you love.

Aaron: I do Dad. I will bring her to meet you. Bring the girl you wanted me to meet so I can also show her. You will like this girl father.

Mr.Yan: Fine. Meet me at the _______ café in the VIP room tomorrow at noon. (he hangs up)

Just great, where am I going to find a girl in time? I should have not said that to my dad.

Just then I saw the ghost girl walking by my window. That is it. No Aaron you must me crazy… but it is easy to use her. We did kiss, I can tell my father. I know he will ask something like that. Just one day Aaron. I can deal with it. The problem is to get her to agree….

I went outside and called out to her.

Aaron: Hey!

She turns around.

Gui: I have a name.

Aaron: Gui Gui, can you do me a favor?

Gui: If you want a favor from me you have to do better than that.

Aaron: Miss Wu Gui Gui, will you please help me?

Gui: What is it?

Aaron: Pretend to be my girlfriend in front of my dad tomorrow at lunch.

Gui Gui’s POV:

OMG! It is the perfect opportunity to carry out Plan Gui. Well to make it sound more real I will refuse first.

Gui: Why would I do that? You are a jerk.

Aaron: I will buy you whatever you want.

Gui: Really, even a limited edition strawberry stitch pen!?

Aaron: Weird, but yes.

Gui: Fine, deal. See you tomorrow.

Aaron: Bye.

Yes! Gui, things are going your way this year so far. I can not wait!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day at lunch:

In front of _________ café:

Normal POV:

Aaron: Okay, Gui Gui, you better make this real. Just follow along with me and, do not talk so loud or do something stupid.

Gui: Call me Gui and I will call you Ya Lun to make is sound more real.

Aaron: Fine. Wait, what is in that bag?

Gui: You will see.

They walked in to the café and then they were brought to the VIP room.

Gui Gui’s POV:

Aaron’s family must be rich. I can deal with meeting rich parents. Wang Zi’s parents gave me experience in that. Just you watch Aaron I am better than this than you think. Today, just today I am Wu Ying Jie again.

Well, his father looks nice. Who is that girl next to him? Oh, I know. She is supposed to be Aaron’s fiancée. That is why he wants me to pretend.

Aaron: Father, this is Wu Gui Gui, my girlfriend.

Mr. Yan: That is a strange name. Nice to meet you. I am Aaron’s father.

Gui: Hello, Mr. Yan, I am Wu Ying Jie. Gui Gui is my nickname. It is a pleasure to meet you. Aaron has told me a lot about you. He told me that you liked to collect wine. Here is a special wine. It is a gift from my father.

Mr. Yan: Thank you, umm Gui Gui. This is the daughter of a good friend of mine. Miss ___

???: Hello, I am ______, Aaron, Gui Gui, it is nice to meet you. (smiles)

Aaron was speechless. He is probably shocked that I can do this so well.

Mr. Yan: Aaron, are you okay? You are very silent.

Aaron: I am fine.

Mr. Yan: The food is here. Do not be shy and help yourselves.

Gui: Thank you. Here Aaron, have some tomato.

???: Gui Gui, didn’t you know that Aaron does not like tomatoes?

Gui: Yes, that is why I tell him to try them. A good high class person should not waste food. I am thinking of his future. Imagine in future dinner conferences, the other executives see him pick out all the tomatoes, what will they think of him?

Mr. Yan: That is very thoughtful of you Gui Gui. I think I will try not to be picky myself. Now Aaron, do what you girlfriend says. You are right. I like her already. I shall cancel your engagement. I will like to see Gui Gui be your wife one day.

Aaron did not hear him he was too busy staring at Gui Gui who was wipping sauce off his face.

Gui: Ya Lun, don’t eat so messily. Look, you still have some sauce here. (wipes sauce gently off the corner of his lips.)

Aaron: Gui, I can do this myself, it is embarrassing.

Gui: What is so embarrassing? We are a couple. It is natural to look after each other. (smiles sweetly at him)

Aaron unexpectedly blushes.

Mr Yan: Ahem, I would like to have _______ sent back to her home.

The driver takes her back.

Mr. Yan: Now that we are the only one’s here. Lets talk about your relationship. When was your first kiss?

Gui: We-

Aaron: kissed on New Years when the clocked 12.

I stared at him.

Mt. Yan: That is very romantic. How far did you guys get?

Gui: Just kissing.

I felt him stare at me.

Mr. Yan: Then- (inturpted by phone call) Excuse me. (the call ended) Sorry, I have to go back to the company now. Gui Gui please come over for dinner next week.

Gui: Yes, Mr. Yan. Thank you.

He leaves the café.

Aaron’s POV:

Wow, Gui is really good at this. I can not belive. How did she find out my father even liked wine?

Gui: Surprised Aaron Yan?

Aaron: Very. How did you know my father likes wine?

Gui: I actually went to your father’s company once by accident and overheard the co-workers talking.

Aaron: You got lucky. Now I did promise to buy you that pen. Let’s go to the mall.

Gui: It is not at the mall. It is one of the prizes at the new amusement park game booth.

Aaron: Fine. Lets go there.

Gui: Really?!

Aaron: Yes.

Gui: Yay!!!!! Let’s Go!!!!! (runs out of café like a kid)

She is so childish. We are already in college and she still likes amusement parks and Stitch.

We got to the booth and it was a game where we have to throw darts and pop balloons. To get the pen we have to pop 3 balloons and I got only get three. She wanted to try and threw one. It missed. She looked really sad. I tried and I hit one ballon. One dart left. Now what. I know. I threw the dart at an angle and it popped 4 balloons.

Man at the booth: Sir you are very good at this. Your girlfriend must be happy. Here is your prize

He hands me a big Stitch doll holding a strawberry looking pillow.

Aaron: I only-

Gui: (squeals) OMG! THE LIMITED EDITION STRAWBERRY PULSH STITCH!!!!!!

I handed it to her and she hugged it tightly. She even started to talk to it. I looked at her and smiled. Then she hugged me. I tensed up I felt my cheeks burning

Gui: (as she hugged Aaron) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you soooooooooo much Aaron! (she has a huge smile on her face.)

The man at the booth looked at us smiling. People around were staring too.

Aaron: Its great to be happy, um... but you…could let go now, uh people…are…st-taring.

She blushed and let go. She is pretty cute, and she is the first girl who could handle my father so well. Aaron, maybe this is her, your soul mate. If you keep acting with her in front of your parents then you won’t have to marry other girls. If she can also handle my mother then she is the one I chose for good.

Gui’s POV:

I cannot believe I did that. I was so careless! Why am I blushing. This is bad. My heart cannot be bought with just a limited edition Stitch doll. I have to be careful if I want my plan to go well.

I did not know that Aaron would stutter though… this side of him is really cute. He is actually comfortable to be around, I feel like I could be myself.

Gui: Thank you for today Aaron (as they get out of his car and step on to campus)

Aaron: I should thank you. I was surprised by your acting.

Gui: I had experience in things like this. If you need help with something like this tell me. I will be glad to help.

Aaron: For?

Gui: What?

Aaron: What do you want in return.

Gui: Ummm, how a bout friendship?

Aaron: Fine. I take back the never bother me again stuff.

Gui: So friends?

Aaron: Friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks later:

Normal POV: Aaron and Gui became good friends and they now seem to be like two peas in a pod. People could not tell if they were friends or a couple. Aaron seems to have developed deeper feelings for Gui. Gui Gui slowly forgot her plan of revenge on Aaron and whole heartedly befriended him.

One day Aaron’s father calls Aaron and tells him to come home for dinner and to bring Gui Gui along. He wanted Gui Gui to meet Mrs.Yan.

Outside Aaron’s house:

Gui Gui’s POV:

Aaron: My mother is not as open minded as my father. She dislikes girls with your kind of personality. So this time really, just play along with me.

Gui: Okay.

We went in to his house. His house is even bigger than Wang Zi’s house. We were brought to the dinning hall.

Mrs.Yan looks as strict as Wang Zi’s, well a little colder too.

I bowed. Mr. Yan motioned for us to sit and we sat.

Mrs.Yan: So this is your girlfriend Aaron?

Aaron: Yes, mother, this is my girlfriend Wu Ying Jie, but people call her Gui Gui.

I bowed again.

Gui: Hello Mrs.Yan, I am Wu Ying Jie, It is an honor to meet you.

Mrs. Yan: Yes. Help yourself to the food.

Gui: Thank you.

The maids served the steak with salad.

Aaron ate all his salad even the tomatoes, and Mrs.Yan was surprised.

Mrs. Yan: Aaron, didn’t you hate tomatoes?

Mr. Yan: Ah, that, Gui Gui here helped Aaron rid his pickiness when it comes to food.

Mrs. Yan stayed silent and started to eat her steak.

I noticed that my steak was bigger that Aaron’s.

Gui: Aaron, why don’t you take my steak, it is bigger, you should eat more.

I noticed Mrs.Yan staring at us.

OMG! Am I doing something wrong?

Aaron noticed my nervousness and whispered to me.

Aaron: It is fine she does this to every guest.

I nodded slightly and eased a little.

We finished the main course. The maids went to get the dessert.

Mrs.Yan: Tell me about your interest Ying Jie.

I like to play the violin. I am also a fan of ________’s art. My favorite work of his is _______.

Mrs. Yan: Your interest are similar to mine. Will you play something for us?

Gui: Gladly.

The maid handed me a violin.

I played ____________.

Mrs.Yan: That was wonderful Ying Jie. Did you happen to know that was my favorite piece?

Gui: No but, Aaron told me about your liking in ______’s songs. This piece is actually one of my favorites.

Mrs. Yan: What are you planning to do after college?

Gui Gui: I am going to handle part of my father’s business. I am the only child after all.

Mrs. Yan: What company does your family own?

Gui Gui: Wu Enterprise.

Mrs. Yan: You are referring to The Wu Enterprise, with the main office in the States and the branch here in Taiwan.

Gui Gui: Yes, my father is putting me in charge of the Taiwan branch after college. Do you want me to contact my father, so Wu Enterprise can work with Yan Enterprise in the future? I call suggest we set up a business contract.

Mrs.Yan: That will be great.

Mrs. Yan: Let’s make this a marriage contract. I still have much to learn about my future daughter-in-law. Aaron you do not oppose of this right? You two are already dating so marriage is going to be the topic sooner or later.

Aaron: Mother, I-

Mrs.Yan: I am sure you will like this Aaron, isn’t that right Ying Jie.

Gui Gui: It is fine with me Mrs.Yan, but if Aaron disagrees, I will respect his decision.

Mrs. Yan: Aaron even your girlfriend is willing. What is the problem here? Ying Jie you can call me mother like Aaron and call Mr. Yan father. We will be a family soon.

Gui Gui: Yes, mother.

Aaron: Mother, Father, it is late Gui and I have to go. Come on Gui. ( grabs her hand roughly and storms out of the house.)

Outside:

Gui: Aaron, what is your problem?!

Aaron: My problem?! How can you agree to that?! We are not even dating!

Gui: Do you expect me to refuse in front of your parent’s face?! Did you ever think of their pride?!

Aaron: Their pride?! So we have to give up our future for their pride?! You are going to do that?! I will not!

Gui: What is wrong with that?! It is not like we hate each other!

Aaron: Well we do not love each other either!

Gui: Are you sure about that Aaron?

Aaron became silent.

Aaron: Fine. Gui, I love you.

Gui: What?! Are you serious?

Aaron: (all red) Don’t make me say it again.

Gui: (blushes) I-I-don’t- know Aaron…

He stares at her.

Aaron: You-

Gui: I think I love you too Aaron Yan.

Aaron: YOU THINK?! YOU EVEN AGREED TO MARRY ME IN FRONT OF MY PARENTS! YOU THINK YOU LOVE ME?!

Gui: I am just joking Aaron.

Aaron: About what?! Loving me? Or wanting to marry me?

Gui: Gosh Aaron, I LOVE YOU! Okay?

He smiles from ear to ear like his won first place in a contest with is face all red. I am blushing as well. We hold hands and get into his car. This is the happiest time of my life.     

Aaron’s POV:

Yes!! Killing three birds with one stone. I do not have to lie to my parents about going out with Gui anymore. I finally confessed and she returned my feelings. We are going to get married after college!

This is the happiest moment of my life so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 years later:

Normal POV:

Gui: Ya Lun hubby, Lets go!

Aaron: Okay, I know that it is New Year’s Eve and you are excited to do the countdown but there is not need to rush honey.

Gui Gui pouts.

Aaron sighs and follows Gui Gui as she runs outside.

The couple arrive at the street where they first meet. The countdown stated.

Gui Gui is yelling out each number loudly and they got to zero, as she was about to kiss the person on her right, a pair of hands grabs her face and turns her to the left and kisses her passionately. Then the person pulls away.

Aaron: Gui, you are too careless. I really do not want my wife to kiss the wrong guy thinking it is her husband. You haven’t changed since I first met you.

Gui Gui pouts.

Gui: Ya Lun!

Aaron chuckles and kisses her again, deeper and longer this time. When he pulls away she starts crying. People around them stare.

Aaron: What is it this time?

Gui: I- I- am- just so ha-happy. Happy New Years hubby! (smiles with tears running down her cheeks)

Aaron: (smiles and lets out a sigh) Come on, lets go home people are staring. (picks her up bridal style and carries her home) Ah, before that, please dry up your tears. (gives her a handkerchief)

Gui: It’s the same one.

Aaron: Yes, my Ghost. Happy New Years. (he carries her home, smiling)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Fin~

Happy New Year's!!!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My other fanfics:

 

Prince in Armor or Nerd in Tin Foil(ongoing) : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/9555/prince-in-armor-or-nerd-in-tin-foil-aaronyan-guilun-heygirl-lollipop-taiwanese-wangzi

It's Christmas and I finally met you (two-shot) [completed] : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/17116/its-christmas-and-i-finally-met-you-two-shot-fahrenheit-guilun-heygirl-lollipop-she-taiwanese