New Year's, New Life, New Love? (two shot)

New Year's, New Life, New Love? (two shot)

 

New Year's Eve:

Aaron’s POV:

I am starring at the big clock on the side of the street. People around me start to count down. The girl next to me shouts out each number loudly as she waves her arms in the air. She is really annoying. As the clock strikes twelve, the girl next to me puts her hands on my face turns my head and KISSES ME ON THE LIPS!!!!! When she pulled away she had a big smile on her face and she wished me a Happy New Year. I started at her with wide eyes. This girl is crazy!

Gui Gui’s POV:

The countdown got to zero and I turned to my right, where my boyfriend is standing and I kissed him on the lips then I pulled away grinning from ear to ear.

Gui: Happy New Year!

Then I realized, the boy I kissed wasn’t Wang Zi! OMG! He must think I am crazy. Quick apologize!

Gui: I am so sorry! I thought you were my boyfriend! (to my self in a low whisper) Gui, you are so stupid! I can’t believe I kissed the wrong guy.

The guy started to laugh. How dare he laugh at me! Then he spoke trying to hold in his laughter.

Aaron: You are probably the only person who would mistake some random guy next to her as her boyfriend. You are crazy. Even your name is crazy, who calls themselves ghost?

He heard me?! I was about to yell back but then I remembered. I don’t have a boyfriend, well not anymore.

[Flashback]

Gui’s POV:

Today is the day where Wang Zi and I go to Taiwan to attend college. For my whole life I have lived in the States but now, for the new year, my parents decide to send me to Taiwan. Well, my boyfriend, Wang Zi promised he would go with me.

At the airport:

Where is Wang Zi? He should be here. Our flight leaves in half an hour. Then I saw a figure walking towards me. It’s Wang Zi! Just as I was about to call out to him, I saw, he was not alone. There was a girl next to him.

Wang Zi: Ying Jie, I am sorry. I cannot go to Taiwan with you. I finally found her, my soul mate! Remember what I told you when I first accepted your confession?

Gui: No, I don’t remember. I don’t want to! Wang Zi, you promised! How could you! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!

Wang Zi: I warned you, I told you that you would have to be prepared to have a broken heart one day if you planned to go out with me.

Gui: NO! I don’t want to hear you! I don’t want to see you ever again! Go be happy with that soul mate of yours!

I turned around I ran to the gate. I cannot let him see my tears. I went on the plane, and cried my eyes out.

When I got off the plane, I made a choice. I will live a new life in Taiwan. Ying Jie Wu no longer exists. I am Wu Gui Gui!

[End of flashback]

Tears started to form and they ran down my cheeks I broke in to sobs and sank down to the snow covered ground. My sobs turned into a loud cry. I was like a child who just had her candy taken away. People started at me. No us. Wait us?!

Aaron’s POV:

All of sudden, the girl, what’s her name again.... Gui, started to cry. Was it my fault? Maybe my comment was too harsh. People are staring; they must think I made her cry! Come on, stop crying!

What do I do? I knelt down next to her.

Aaron: Um, are you alrite? I am sorry for my rude comment earlier, I take that back.

She kept crying, harder this time. Goodness, when will she stop?

Aaron: Look, I am sorry, but you have to stop crying, people are staring.

She just kept crying, she looked up at me and the looked back down on the ground and cried even harder.

Arggggg! She is driving me crazy! How in the world do I make her stop! I can’t just leave her here like this.

Then as if something possessed me, I hugged her.

Gui’s POV:

I kept crying harder and harder, this is very embarrassing, for me and the boy. I wanted to stop, but my body would not let me. My mind decided to let go and forget Wang Zi, but my heart did not. Then the boy hugged me. I just cried with my head on his chest and soaking his shirt with my tears. Then he did the most unexpected thing. He picked me up, bridal style, while holding me close. He started to walk away from the crowd and their eyes followed until we were out of sight.

Aaron: Gosh, will you ever stop crying?

Gui: I’m *sniff sorry *sniff…. You can *sniff put me *sniff down *sniff now *sniff

He put me down. I looked at him, my tears started to form again but he put a handkerchief to my face and wiped my face.

Aaron: Oh, no, you are not crying again Miss Gui. Do you know how long it took to stop you just now?

Then it was as if he broke from a spell.

Aaron: Wait!? Why am I even doing this? Okay that kiss was nothing but a mere accident. Everything did not just happen. We are complete strangers, and we will never meet again. Bye.

Then he ran off.

Gui: Wait! Your hand…ker…chief …. Well thanks, stranger…

Aaron’s POV:

 I ran as fast as I can, before she brings any more trouble. Ah! I forgot my handkerchief! That was my favorite! Oh well, I don’t want to go back and get it. Who knows what else I would have to do.

I arrived at home and went to take a shower. Then I went to bed,

I couldn’t sleep, that stupid ghost girl and her kiss. I keep thinking about it! Why! Get out of my head and stop haunting me! Stupid ghost girl!

I have school tomorrow… first day at Taiwan University….

I woke up and it was morning.

First day at Taiwan U. I hope nothing goes wrong today.

Gui Gui’s POV:

Okay! It is the start of my new school life at Taiwan University! Go Gui Gui! You can make a whole bunch of new friends and live a good college life.

Makes me wonder…will I ever meet that stranger again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Taiwan U:

I stepped in to my classroom, in the business division. I chose a seat near the back corner of the room and sat. I looked around, no one seemed friendly, they all looked so serious. Then someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned a round and a girl was there.

Ya Tou: Hi! My name is Ya Tou! Its nice to meet you. Is this seat taken? (points at the seat next to Gui)

Gui: Hi Ya Tou! I am Gui Gui, and it is fine if you sit there. (smiles sweetly)

Ya Tou: Okay thanks! So Gui Gui, do you want to hang out after class?

Gui: Sure, friends? (offers her hand)

Ya Tou: Friends. (smiles and shakes Gui’s hand)

Gui: You can call me Gui.

Ya Tou: Okay Gui! OMG! Look Gui! That boy that just walked in is so cute! (points towards the door)

I looked at the direction Ya Tou pointed at. I gasped.

Ya Tou: Gui, is something wrong?

I kept looking at the boy.

Gui: Its you…

Aaron: Do I know you? Oh, and were you ever taught that staring was rude?

He is so rude! Maybe he doesn’t remember me yet.

Gui: Yes my parents taught me manners! I think I mistaken you for the wrong person! Sorry about that, but you are really rude!

He just ignored me and sat down at the seat in front of me.

Gui: Hey! Were you ever taught that you are supposed to look at a person when they are talking to you?!

He still ignored me and started to read his book that he pulled out of his bag.

I am sooooo mad. I turned to Ya Tou.

Gui: I cannot believed him! He is so rude. He is definitely not the person I thought he was!

Aaron: You should not talk behind people’s back. You should never judge a person before you get to know them.

Gui: Well you should not eavesdrop on other people’s conversation!

Aaron: I could not help that you were right behind me and talking loud!

Gui: WHAT?! I TALK LOUD?! WELL IT IS BETTER THAN BEING RUDE!

Aaron: You always make people stare at us. Quiet down will you, I am trying to read.

Gui: OH SO YOU DO REMEMBER YESTERDAY! THEN WHY WOULD YOU PRETEND NOT TO KNOW ME?!

Aaron: I DID THAT FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

Gui: HOW?!

Aaron: WELL, IF I WERE YOU I WOULD WANT TO FORGET YESTERDAY!

Gui: WHAT?!

Aaron: FINE I WILL REMIND YOU. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO REMEMBER MISTAKENING A RAMDOM GUY NEXT TO YOU AS YOUR BOYFRIEND AND KISSING THEM THEN BREAKING DOWN IN FRONT OF THE CROWD CRYING LIKE AN ABOANDONED KID!?

Gui: YOU DID NOT JUST…..

Aaron: It is your own fault.

Gui: WHY DON’T YOU MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE WHOLE STORY BEFORE BLABING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE’S EMBARASSING MOMENTS!? IT’S NOT MY FAULT EVERYTHING HAPPENED THE WAY THEY DID!

Aaron: So you are blaming me!? What? Did your boyfriend break up with you when he found out about your carelessness? I suppose you are saying it is my fault.

Gui: No, it is all my fault, that I met you and that…never mind…

I ran out the classroom trying not to cry. I heard someone follow.

Ya Tou: Gui!

She caught up with me and we sat down in front of a vending machine. She handed me a drink.

Ya Tou: What happened?

I explain the whole story, from the break up to the kiss and the things after.

Ya Tou: I’m sorry. I will get him back for you.

Gui: Its okay. Well, you don’t have to get him back for me; you can get him back with me…. (With an evil grin on her face)

We went back into the classroom and our plan started.

Aaron was sitting there reading as if nothing happened.

I went by his desk and sat in mine. He turned around.

Aaron: Look, I’m sorry I said that in front of the class. I really shouldn’t-

Gui: Its okay. It was my own fault all that happened. If I made sure who was next to me first then nothing would have happened. Um, thanks for the handkerchief though. (smiles and hands him back the washed handkerchief)

Aaron looked surprised for a moment but turned back and continued reading.

Gui: (taps Aaron’s shoulder) Hey, do you want to eat lunch with me an Ya Tou?

Aaron: (still reading his book) I’ll pass.

Gui: Are you sure… It’s my treat.

Aaron: No thanks.

Gui: Really?

Aaron: You are bothering me.

Gui: Then come eat with us.

Aaron: Fine and you agree to never bother me again.

Gui: Deal!

Lunch time:

Aaron’s POV:

I cannot believe I have to meet that crazy ghost girl again. Is she stalking me? Why did I even agree to go to lunch. I doubt she would stop bothering me. Oh, darn she is here.

Gui: Hi! Here is your lunch. (Hands him a burger)

Aaron: Now you will stop bothering me. (take the burger and starts to walk off)

Gui: Hey! I did not even-

I ignore her and continues to walk back to my dorm.

I still hear footsteps behind me. I glance back, I saw someone’s ponytail sticking up from the bush. It’s the ghost girl. She is seriously stalking me. When I looked foreword again she was right in front of me. WTF….how did she… that is…..

Gui: You did not even get the drink yet. (waves the strawberry smoothie in front of Aaron’s face)

Aaron: What else do you want from me? Tell me now so I do not have to see you again.

Gui: Nothing, just came to give you your drink. (still waving the smoothie in front of his face)

Aaron: (grabs the drink) Now, do not ever bother me again. (walks away)

Then she stepped in front of me.

Aaron: What did I just tell you?

Gui: Take a sip and tell me if it’s good.

I just did what she said and she started to laugh.

Aaron: You happy now?

Gui: Opps! I forgot to tell you that was the leftovers from last night’s dinner.

I almost choked.

Aaron: Are you crazy or stupid!? Pulling stupid tricks like that!? Just leave me alone! (storms off)

I cannot believe that ghost girl! From now on Aaron Yan, you stay away from that girl.

I do not want anymore unnecessary problems in the New Year.

Gui Gui’s POV:

I ran back to the bush where Ya Tou was and told her to come out.

Gui: Plan Drink success! (gives Ya Tou a high five)

Ya Tou: Okay, what’s the next plan?

Gui: (evil grin) You’ll see….

Then I dragged Ya Tou back to our dorm. I got lucky this year, I am in the same room as Ya Tou.

We walked back to the room discussing our plans. Right before I was about to unlock our room, some one stopped us.

???: You, I am warning you…

Ya Tou: Hebe, what do you want?!

Hebe: I am not talking to you, I am talking to the new girl.

Gui: You mean me?

Hebe: Yes you, stay away from Aaron. He is mine.

Gui: He can keep being yours. I have no plans to be around that jerk.

Hebe: What did you just-

Gui: Yea, he is a jerk. That is why I will pay him back for this.

Hebe: Fine, just make sure you do not fall in love with him. (walks away)

I went into the room and Ya Tou followed.

Ya Tou: Do not mind her. She is just kind of mean to new girls who seem to get close to Aaron.

Gui: I should tell him to keep his girlfriend away from other girls if she will get jealous.

Ya Tou: Oh, they are not dating. He does not even know she exists.

Gui: If that is the case then that just makes my plan easier.

Ya Tou: Just don’t go overboard. Please, when the time comes listen to your heart, not your mind.

Gui: What is that suppose to mean?

Ya Tou: You will see.

Gui: Ok, lets go take a walk.

Ya Tou: Sure.

Normal POV: The day passed, and Gui has got her plan ready. Aaron is planning to avoid Gui.