Chapter 3

New Breed, New Life

“Hey, you punk! Good to see you! How’ve you been?” The older man instantly greeted Jay with a giant hug as soon as he entered the building.

Jay was caught off guard by his hyung’s greeting, but returned the elder’s embrace. “Nothing much, hyung. You know, just the usual stuff. I just wanted to say ‘what’s up’.”

The older man hooked an arm around the younger’s neck & laughed. “Pfft, ‘just the usual stuff’…I know you’ve been getting around to some places & I’m proud of you.”

Jay nodded his head as he started looking at the space around them. Bigger, upscale lobby, same ol’ doors… still felt the same. “I see you’ve kinda grown the place out…”

“Yeah, sure did. We’ve really taken off now…” The older man let out a sigh of content before turning back to Jay. “Hey c’mon, I’ll show you around”

--

After looking around at some of the newer practice rooms and seeing some old pictures and awards, Jay was lead down an old, familiar hallway, to a room at the end.

“Hey, I have someone I want you to meet,” the older man said, putting his hand of the door handle. “Since you said you might be having some time on your hands now, I think you might be able to help out a little here…”

Jay nodded his head. “Sure, I’ll be up for anything…” The older man laughed slightly, turning back to his younger friend. “Good, cause I think you’ll like her.” Slowly & quietly, he opened the door.

--

Squinting her eyes slightly, Mia tried again to make out who the person, now approaching her, was. That was until a few of her much younger students already did.

“Omo! Isn’t that Jay Park?” “What’s he doing here?” “Hey, I know who he is!” “Omo, he’s so handsome!” Those were only some of the whispers from the kids.

‘Am I missing something?’ Mia thought as she realized just who was now directly in front of her.

Without much subtlety, the older man cleared his throat. “Attention kids. I would like you all to meet Mr. Jay Park. He shall be helping out with your dance practices. Please treat him well!”

‘I am definitely missing something,’ thought Mia as she stole a few glances from the man next to her. He looked just as confused as she felt.

“Go ahead, Jay. Introduce yourself.” The man slightly pushed Jay in front of the group of kids, as they ogled him. Clearing his throat, he bowed and addressed the group. “Annyeong! Jay Park-inmida, but you can call me Jay-hyung or Jay-oppa.” The boys were slightly amused as most of the girls started giggling with each other.

Mia, on the other hand, couldn’t be more confused.

--

 

oh my goodness, forgive me.

i'm so sorry. this might be a confusing chapter, but i promise, it will get better! (how much better is still to be determined)

but just to clarify: yes, the guy Mia saw at the end of chp. 2 was Jay (yay!), i just went back maybe 20ish mins at the beginning of this chapter.

& yes, the 'older man' is the same as Mia's mentor in chp. 1. & he shall have a name starting from chp. 4..!

THANK YOU, it'sRaeG making up some interesting names for my characters!

hahaha..!

sending all my love, i love you~