Chapter 1

New Breed, New Life

Jay woke up to the small stream of light coming through the curtains. He groaned and rolled over to his side. He caught the time shown on his side table clock. 9am. Normally he would be up long before that and head straight for the studio to work. He let out a long sigh as he clung onto a pillow and the sheets surrounding him.

--

Mia quickly grabbed her coffee off of the counter. This was her first time not being in a rush, but she still moved quickly. She picked up her backpack, grabbed her jacket, locked her apartment & made it in time for the elevator. As she exited her building, Mia pulled the hood over her head, trying to block the cold morning wind from hitting her neck. She walked only 2 blocks before hopping on a bus. Holding onto one of the safety bars, she kept her fingers tapping to the beat of the music in her head.

After noticing her stop approaching, she moved closer the front of the bus. Mia thanked the driver as she hopped off the bus. She made her way around the corner of the block from the bus stop, to a narrow alley-way. She pulled her keys out of her pocket & unlocked a hidden door. Closing the door behind her, she let out a heavy breath. The building was incredibly warm. Making her way down the hallway to a locker room, she loudly voiced her complaints.

“Sweet mother- Are you purposely trying to sweat us out of here?!”

A head popped out from the opposite side of the hallway to catch sight of the complainer. “Well hello to you too, sweetness.” Mia rolled her eyes as she turned around to see the face of her old mentor.

The older man shook his head but just chuckled at her. “I’m happy you’re back. I have something for you to do. Can you teach today?” Before she answered, Mia quickly put her stuff down by a locker & went back to the doorway. “Can do, boss! It’s good to be back…”

After putting her stuff away, Mia went back down the long hallway to her mentor’s office. She moved slowly, gazing at all the pictures that lined the walls. She lightly hummed to herself as she carefully read the little captions an each frame.

With a slight smile, she slowly let her mind fall back to her own memories. Dark crowds, bright stages, heavy yet revealing outfits, endless practices. She still would not have traded any of it for the world.

Without knowing it, her mentor was quietly watching her. Seeing her expressions change with each picture. He cleared his throat & she spun around slightly shrieking. “Jeez! What was that for?” He shrugged his shoulders, holding up his hands innocently. “I was just trying to get your attention…” She lightly scoffed at him as he moved right next to her, looking at the picture she was in front of.

“That was a good day…” he said softly, still focused on the image.

“I can imagine. & that was just a few months ago.”

“Yeah… we missed having you there… but they got along just fine.” “Pftt, ‘fine’? We won & you call that ‘fine’?”

He smiled & chuckled. “Eh, you’ve got a point… but there are never any guarantees. Which brings me to your assignment for today.” Mia turned to face him & nodded for him the continue. “Let me have it, I’m all ears.” The older man’s expression grew to a wide grin that made Mia suspicious. *Oh God, no…* she thought as she groaned.

--

After dragging himself out of bed, Jay had an overwhelming feeling of just wanting of just wanting to get out of his apartment.

It had been 3 days since he came back to Seoul, 3 days of absolute sleep. After eating & cleaning up a little, he slumped down on his couch, thinking. He didn’t want to go to the label building if he didn’t have to. But he didn’t want to just stay home & be lazy. Out of ideas, he scrolled through his phone’s contact list, trying to find someone the pass the time with. Just as he was about to give up, something caught Jay’s eye.

He debated in his head if it was a good idea to call & without noticing it, he clicked ‘Call’. It wasn’t until he heard the familiar voice on the other side of the line that he realized what he had done. “Foreign Movement Dance Studios. How can I help you?” Thinking quickly, Jay cleared his throat before responding.

--

 

 

Soooo...how was it..?

I shall have the next chapter up hopefully soon..!

& Thank You to my pretty pretty dongsaeng, Megumi (megumi2) for naming the dance studio!