Not exactly a soap opera

Awkward

I stumbled into Min Jung's room, as that was where the wailing noise seemed to be coming from. Rubbing my head with the palm of my head tiredly, I groaned at the sight before me.

Min Jung was wrapped in blankets, eating ben and jerry's ice cream, with numerous ice cream cartons strewn around the room. Eyeliner make up ran down her face like a goth American in the 90's, as the tv screen displayed the evidence for her spirits.

"BYUNG HEE OPPA! Wae? Unnie, why did they do this?" She sobbed. She pointed at the screen with her jumbo spoon accusingly, "How could they kill him off so easily? Come on! Hit by a bus- I think not!"

"Well he's just a fictional character anyways. He probably had to act in another movie or show, that's why they had to kill him off."

She turned a crazy eye towards me and suddenly my hands felt cold. "He. Is. Real. In my heart he will remain unaging, beautiful and wonderful." She clutuched what I assumed a picture of Byung Hee to her chest and pursed her lips solemnly.

"Okay, okay, calm down, no need to get your granny in a twist. Now put the spoon and food away, I don't want to have to clean up any ants. And," I muttered before leaving her alone, "the next time you want to cry yourself a river," I motioned to her face, "try to wipe off your makeup before you watch a soap opera. Jesus woman, have you looked at yourself in the mirror?"

After a "YAH!" and half a dozen pillows being thrown at me, I stalked off to my awaited realm of slumber.