Moving Day

Butterfly

Moving Day

 

It was the middle of the summer and Eunkyung’s mom  got a promotion at work. They would be moving from Busan to Daegu later that summer. Eunkyung would be going to her first year of high school and her brother Eunchan would be completing his last year of middle school. The school she would attend would be Daeseok High School and the school for Eunchan would be Kyungmin Middle School. Eunkyung was never good at making friends, so she did not mind the move. Eunchan on the other hand was very unhappy.

 

“But mom, I’ll have to leave all my friends!” Eunchan complained to his mother during dinner.

“Eunchan, it won’t be that bad. You can always make new friends,” his mother reassured him.

 

It was towards the end of summer and everything they needed was packed. The movers came and loaded their items into the truck. Eunkyung and her family rode in their car leading the way for the truck to follow them to their new home. They would be living in a condominium, which would be bigger than their apartment back in Busan. Eunkyung would be having her own room instead of sleeping in the living room. This was what had her excited about the big move.

 

When they finally arrived at their destination, Eunkyung and Eunchan woke up from the long drive. As they all got out of the car, smiles were on their faces. The road wasn’t too busy and they lived on the second house from the corner of the street. The realtor was outside welcoming them to their new home. She told them to have a look inside and they ran right in. Eunkyung and Eunchan was deciding which bedroom to take. They knew that the biggest room would be for their mother. Eunkyung chose the bedroom next to their mother’s and Eunchan had the one across from Eunkyung. The kitchen was a nice size and the bathroom was great.

 

“So, how do you like your new home?” asked the realtor.

“We love it!” Eunkyung and Eunchan chimed together.

 

The movers had moved all the boxes to the front of the house and had placed all the appliances and furniture in their places and left. Eunkyung and Eunchan ran back and forth from the small porch to their rooms carrying all of their items inside. When all the boxes were in the right room they began to unpack. Placing dishes in the cupboards and utensils in the drawers. Everything was set and it was evening. Their mom went out to shop for groceries while Eunkyung and Eunchan stayed home organizing their belongings. When their mom got back home, they helped her cook dinner.

 

“Eunkyung, you did well on cooking the noodles and Eunchan the beef is delicious,” their mother exclaimed.

 

They all ate their dinner with small conversations, washed the dishes, and went to bed. They had only a couple of days left before the school year would begin.

 

 

***Thanks for reading the first chapter! Not sure when the next chapters wil come out cause I do have school. Also the photo is of Daegu Public Library.