Present Day

“I will always love you.”

A/N: You should listen to this while reading. ;)

Present Day ; December 04

Yuri was sitting on a chair behind her kitchen counter. It was midnight, and she couldn't sleep. She stared at her laptop, the only thing that lit up the place. She stared at the picture, a picture of Donghae and Yoona. Yoona had been her best friend, and Yuri found it unbelievable to know that she and Donghae are dating just after a month Donghae broke up with her.

But don't get her wrong, yuri never thought Donghae was a player. Maybe he just moved on right away.

“They look so good together,” Yuri muttered to herself. Right then, she noticed her phone lying behind her laptop. She picked it up, and decided to call Donghae but he didn't answer, so she decided to leave him a voicemail.

Yuri smiled as she heard Donghae's voice. “Annyeong, it's Donghae! If you're calling me and I haven't answered, that means I'm busy...or probably asleep. Just leave your message after the beep!” Yuri listened, followed my a long beep.

She cleared . “Hello, Hae...uh, Donghae.” Yuri said, remembering that things aren't the same now. “You might be confused why I'm calling you right now, but I'm hoping that after you hear this you'd call back.”

Yuri looked up to prevent tears from streaming down her face. “I just wanna say that I miss you. No, I don't miss us, I miss you, if you get what I mean.” Yuri finally looked down and allowed the tears to stream down.

“I just want you to know that I'm so proud of you. You've gone really far on your career. Erm, I guess you'll never understand this, but, um, like I promised a few years ago, I will always love you. Just remember if you need a friend, I'm here. And, um, give me a call sometime.”

She couldn't stop crying, and it was obviouse on the sound of her voice, so she hit end. That's when she decided to sleep.

THE NEXT DAY

It was Yuri's birthday. She woke up with her face all sticky because of crying last night. She went out her room and went to the kitchen to get breakfast. She flipped on her laptop and saw a lot of birthday messages from fans, friends, and her family.

She scrolled down to see some more, and she wasn't expecting what she would see.

“Oh it's Yuri's birthday today? I don't care, all I care about is Yoona, she's better with Donghae now!”

“Happy birthday Yuri? Hell no, she doesn't deserve a happy birthday! And she doesn't deserve Donghae!”

“Yuri's a b*tch. She never deserved Donghae!”

“Donghae is happier with Yoona now, who needs Yuri? She's a pieace of sh*t!”

Yuri's eyes filled with tears again. She remembered being with Donghae. Their first kiss, their first date, the day of Donghae's audition...

She walked away from her computer and went to her bathroom, staring at her face on the mirror. “I guess I never really deserved Donghae.”

Yuri got her phone and decided to call Donghae again. But still, no answer. She left another voicemail.

“Donghae, I'm so sorry for bothering you, calling you again.” She opened her medicine cabinet and grabbed a blade.

She sat down on the wet, slippery floor. She continued talking.

“I love you more than I did before, Donghae. I pray every night that I'd hear your voice, but I don't. I know you're happier with Yoona, and I'm both happy for you. Like I said last night, I will always love you. I love you, Hae, always have, always will.”

Yuri hit “end”, and put her phone down. She put the blade on her wrist, and moved it synchronously, leving a deep, red mark. The cut got deeper and deeper, unti Yuri felt nothing. Her phone dropped on the floor, and unexpectedly, it rang, but Yuri didn't hear it.

It was a voicemail from Donghae. “Yuri-ah, I'm sorry if I haven't been answering your call for the past few days, I've been very busy recording with the guys. I miss you, too, Yuri, and I guess we should hang out sometime. How are you? I saw some of the comments on the internet, I'm really sorry for that.”

There was a long pause from Donghae. When he spoke once more, his voice trembled. He was crying.

“I made a promise, Yuri-ah. I will always love you. Until the day I die.” With that, Donghae hung up the phone.

Yuri never got the message.


How was it?

Was it sad? Annoying? Awful? What?

Tell me, post comments!

Thank you very much! :D