Heartless

I Only Heard Your Name

Your POV

After lunch, unnies and I made out way back to class. 

 

On the way out, there was the sound of a tray hitting the ground loudly which brought attention from the whole cafeteria. 

 

I turned quickly to the table we had just walked past and saw a girl frantically cleaning up the mess of a spill she made.

 

Yoona chuckle and started to walk towards her.

 

"Unnie..." I muttered in a whine under my breath, already starting to pity the poor girl who was about to be made fun of.

 

She was known as the "nerd" or "loser" of the school. Choi Mi Na was so smart, though, that half of the school admired her intelligence while the other half just plain hated her. 

 

Yoona unnie was one of her haters. And when our leader is a hater, all of her dongsengs are haters with her.

 

In my heart, though, I could care less about hating this girl. She's just a person minding her own business. What did Choi Mi Na ever do to Yoona to deserve this humiliation?

 

Probably just jealous that Choi Mi Na is smarter than her and beats her at everything... I crossed my arms and looked down at the "loser" on the floor. 

 

The only thing that she couldn't beat Yoona at, though, was popularity among the school.

 

"Choi Mi Na," Yoona giggled. "Haven't you humiliated yourself long enough?"

 

Everyone around us started to laugh except for me. I stood there and stared as she blushed furiously and finished cleaning up her mess.

 

Yoona glanced over at an abandoned carton of milk on one of the lunch tables near her. I sighed deeply when I knew what she was up to. She picked it up, walked over to Choi Mi Na, and poured it out all over the front of her shirt. dropped open in shock. 

 

Many gasps, laughing, and giggling can be heard throughout the whole cafeteria. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

 

When Yoona poured out everything in the milk carton, she dropped the empty carton on the floor in front of her. "You forgot that,"

 

Mi Na looked up at Yoona unnie with hateful eyes but could do nothing about what she had just done to her because of her popularity. She'd be hated by everyone if she did something to the "Queenka" of Anyang High School.

 

She gathered her things quickly and stood up, kicking the milk carton towards our group and tried to slip past us. Eunjung blocked her way.

 

"Off to class?" she asked. "You should change that shirt first."

 

"Maybe the office will be nice enough to lend you another clean uniform shirt," Mihyun said with a teasing voice. "They probably will, since you're apparently the smartest in the whole school and you think everyone likes you."

 

The "loser" didn't answer but glared back at all of us, including me. I stared back at her with a straight face and crossed arms.

 

Yoona laughed flatly and walked over to us, kicking the milk carton back to her. She shoved her back and caused her to fall to the ground again. 

 

Everyone in the cafeteria laughed. Again. Except for me.

 

"Ya, you think you're so smart? Try getting up to my level then." Yoona said to Mi Na. "By popularity."

 

"You don't need to be popular to be smart, or even the other way around." Mi Na spoke and stood up, brushing herself as if the push wasn't enough. "I don't need to be as popular as you are, Yoona-shhi."

 

She scoffed and took her hand to strike Mi Na in the face. "Shut up."

 

The poor helpless girl held her cheek which slowly turned into a bright red.

 

The cafeteria was nearly empty and everyone left with loud laughs.

 

Mi Na stood there, then rolled her eyes which were halfway watering and pushed her way past us, running as fast as she could down the hall towards the office.

 

"Let's go, girls." leader unnie said to us.

 

I rolled my eyes and sighed, following her and the others out of the cafeteria. From the corner of my eye, before I turned, I saw those EXO members exit the cafeteria on the other side. 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol's POV 

"Why do they have to be so mean to that girl?" I frowned as we followed Kai to our next class.

 

"This is one reason I don't like Yoona..." Kai said. "And I mean, dislike her. It's not her looks, but her personality towards other people. She's mean, and her personality is ugly. I can't believe guys would fall for people like her..."

 

"You're acting like you like girls because of their personality." Lu Han said to him. 

 

"Well, that, and looks, too..." Kai shrugged. "But Yoona's personality and looks don't match; therefore she isn't my type."

 

"She's pretty," Baekhyun assured. "She just needs her personality to match her looks,"

 

"I'm with you on that." Kai said in agreement.

 

"Yeah, sort of like how Chanyeol needs to match his deep voice with his cute looks," Se Hun chuckled.

 

"I can't do that!" I pouted with a smile. "I would have to either make my voice a higher pitch or change into a more manly figure. But my height can't help but make me look more feminine..."

 

"Andwe~" Baekhyun said. "I like the way Chanyeol is!"

 

I laughed and pinched my adorable friend's cheeks. 

 

"She's so heartless..." Kai sighed under his breath.

 

Lu Han patted him hard in the back. "If you're going to keep ranting on about Yoona, might as well just say it to her face since she's coming this wa----"

 

"Oh, no." Kai looked around quickly and grabbed my tall figure to hide behind as the group of girls walked up to us.

 

I sighed and flashed a smile to the female leader who smiled back and flipped her hair.

 

Her friend, Jessica, waved shyly to Se Hun. Eunjung smiled shyly at me again.

 

The girl, Sukie Kim, rolled her eyes and walked past us. Her shoulder bumped into mine a little too hard and I was pushed aside to reveal our hidden leader.

 

"Kai!" Yoona giggled. "Were you hiding from me?"

 

"Uhhh....." Kai laughed nervously.

 

I turned to eye Sukie with sharp glaring and confusing eyes when she suddenly pushed me. 

 

She stopped walking and looked back at me, mumbling a soft "sorry" before walking away again. 

 

My heart leapt at her apologetic whisper.

 

Eunjung rolled her eyes and caught up with her maknae friend, apologizing again to me as she walked past us.

 

Lu Han nudged me and I smiled softly.