Powerless in a Moment of Hope

In The Land of the Two Crescent Moons

~Zi Tao’s POV ~
 

“Where are you guys going?!” A voice called out from behind us.
 

I swiftly turned around to see Xiu Min standing there with the rest of the guys. I glanced over to Yi Xing, not sure if we should tell them about our plan of rescuing the princess. He smiled nervously back at me, scratching his neck with one finger. A habit he has. I faced the others and bit my lip softly.
 

“Well…” I started; I didn’t know how to tell them about it anyway.
 

“Well, what?” Joon Myeon questioned with furrowed eyebrows.
 

“Don’t tell me…” Baekhyun suddenly let out and his eyes widened a bit as he stared deeply into my eyes. Xiu Min, Joon Myeon and Chanyeol all turned towards him with curious expressions.

 

It was almost like Chanyeol had read his mind as his eyes widened too when he also turned around and stared at me. “Are you crazy?! You two can’t just go alone! Think about your powers! They’re quite useless when it comes to fighting ,don’t you think?!” He blurted out hysterically.
 

“But, I’m a good fighter!” I let out quickly. Which was indeed true since I’ve been practicing wushu since I was just a small kid. And I was in fact Jiao Lin’s bodyguard…
 

“Yeah? So what if you’re a good fighter? What if you’ll get surrounded by hundreds of enemies? What then? You can’t think that you’ll be able to fight all of them alone, right?” Chanyeol continued, still a bit hysterical but everything he said did actually make sense. Sadly…
 

“Even if Yi Xing follows you, he can’t do anything else but heal… Because what I’ve heard he’s not a fighter…” Xiu Min pouted and nodded towards Yi Xing who just stood there quietly and put down his head ashamed.
 

“And how will you even find her? It’s not like you can teleport like that Jong In guy.” Chanyeol said and sighed deeply. “And you’re not a dog either…”

 

That’s another good point… How will we even know where she is? And just thinking about how to get wherever we have to go is another thing. It’s like he said. We can’t teleport… But didn’t Yi Xing say something about a way?
 

“Hey, Yi Xing?” I asked him and he looked up at me. “What’s your plan of getting there anyway?” I hesitantly continued as I saw his eyes flash for a second.
 

“Well… Why not doing it as Yi Fan?” His eyes lit up as he spoke and I knew that this wasn’t what I wanted to know.
 

“Are you outrageous?! We can’t ride a dragon!” I blurted out anxiously. “No way! I’m never getting close to one of those again!”
 

“What?!” Baekhyun asked with raised eyebrows. “You’ve been close to a dragon?! No wait… That’s not important right now is it? We can’t just take a dragon and fly there! That’s impossible!”
 

“But that’s the only way, isn’t it?” Yi Xing argued. “What other way do we have?”
 

“It would be great if we could fly there…” I said quietly. “At least we know in what direction we should search in… Since we saw Yi Fan and his dragon flying there…”
 

“Flying huh?” Xiu Min thought loudly. “Hey! Where’s Sehun?!” He suddenly blurted out, his eyes shining brightly as if he had an idea.
 

“Probably still with Lu Han… Oh right… about that…” Suho said guiltily.

 

Suddenly the doors to the palace opened up with a smash, revealing a terrified young man running wildly in high-speed. His eyes filled with fear as he made his way in ultra speed towards me.
 

“Help me!” Sehun yelled out as he grabbed a hold of my arm and spun around me. Hiding behind me with a tight grip of my waist this time and trembling like crazy. “He’s crazy!”
 

All of us let our gazes towards the door once again to see another guy skipping happily towards us, not even trying to hide his amusement. His eyes were filled with love and his lips were formed into a bright smile. It looked a bit scary if I should be honest, and I definitely could imagine how Sehun must feel right now…
 

“Sehun-ah! Why are you running away from me? Let me just love you!” Lu Han said creepily, and I felt my whole body get goose bumps. Once again did I have to protect the younger guy from the erted baby-faced older. It’s still a mystery to me how Lu Han can look so young for his age…
 

“Stop!” Yi Xing suddenly said out loud, making everyone freeze. “We don’t have time for this! Lu Han, Sehun, we need your help.” They nodded confusedly towards Yi Xing.
 

“Sehun! Use your power to make a tornado of some sort and take us to the princess!” Xiu Min ordered. His seriousness made all of us look weirdly at him. “What?”
 

“That’s the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard of! Even more stupid than taking a dragon and flying there…” Joon Myeon announced tiredly. “There must be another way…”
 

“Well… I could maybe try though… but it would have been good if we had some sort of material to hang on to. It’s one thing of using my power for myself but for eight persons?” Sehun commented and brushed one of his hands through his hair.
 

Which he maybe shouldn’t have done, if you looked at the expression on Lu Han’s face as he did so. The older smirked and a glint of pure enjoyment flashed through his eyes. But Chanyeol slapped the older’s arm, earning a displeased glare from him. “Concentrate!” Chanyeol snapped.
 

“Sure… let me help you then.” Lu Han said and then looked around unenthusiastically, stopping as soon as he saw the royal chariot.

 

A smile played on his lips and I couldn’t help but stare when the chariot suddenly lifted from the ground and levitated towards us. Leaving all of us but Lu Han completely dumbfounded at this whole event. Lu Han soon let the chariot land gently right before us, smiling victoriously at our stupid expressions.
 

“Well, what are you waiting for? Get in. And let’s get moving!” He said still with that stupid grin on his face, he then turned towards Sehun. “This way, we can combine our powers and become one…” He said with a wink, making Sehun wanting to throw up.
 

But nevertheless did Sehun nod in agreement, unhappily though, and got in the chariot but he made sure that he would sit as far away from the older as possible. I sat next to Sehun, seeing so that he would feel as comfortable and safe as he could, so no major accidents would occur…
 

After everyone had somehow gotten inside the chariot, which now was packed so that we almost had to sit in each other’s laps, Lu Han and Sehun got to work. The older used his power to lift the now heavy chariot from the ground and Sehun made a storm to emerge, making the transportation vehicle to move forward thanks to the tornado. Now we were finally on our way!

 

~Wu Yi Fan’s POV ~
 

“Are you sure you’re a dragon?!” I almost yelled. “How can you embarrass me like that?!”
 

I was really upset at how my dragon could be so unlike a dragon, pouting like that in front of those guys… And acting really familiar, almost like someone I know…
 

“Ah really?!” I let out frustrated when the dragon let out a low grumble. “I’m never going to let you and Jong In to see each other ever again if you keep on learning all those stupid things from him!”
 

I knew I had seen those expressions before… Damn that Jong In! How dare he teach my dragon all of those stupid acts and think he’ll get away with it?! No wonder my dragon doesn’t behave like a real dragon anymore, he’s been transformed into another Jong In… But in dragon-form!
 

He may be my bodyguard and best friend, but doing this? Unforgivable!

 

“Oh stop that!” I irritatedly let out as another grumble left the dragon. “I really mean it, Longwei!” When the dragon heard its own name it finally stopped making displeased noises and started to speed up instead. I sighed deeply before caressing the hard scales at his neck, scratching that special spot just underneath one of the scales which he really liked.
 

“You’re really weird. You know that?” I said as I stopped scratching him. Longwei made a quiet grunt before speeding up some more, which made me have to hold on even more tightly. Hopefully we’ll make it in time…
 

I finally saw a tiny silhouette on the ground, which I recognized as Jong In. Good, we got to the right place at least. Jong In stood with his arms across his chest while waiting for us to arrive, standing in front of what looked like a sort of passage in the ground. Just as we got nearer, a loud noise was heard from behind, and both me and Longwei turned our heads to look for the source of it. My eyes widened in shock as a huge tornado came quickly towards us. I got even more shocked when noticing that it had taken a chariot with it.  But not just any chariot. It was one of the royal chariots of our palace…
 

It passed us in a few seconds and slowly evaporated when closing in to the final destination of ours. Making a thump as it landed on the ground just meters away from a terrified Jong In. Longwei also landed not far away and I quickly got off and made my way towards my friend. Unexpectedly though, a very familiar figure alighted the vehicle and smiled brightly when seeing us. Chanyeol was followed by seven other familiar faces and I couldn’t help my jaw drop. But I quickly got my senses back and hurriedly made the others follow me through the underground passage, no time for idle talk.
 

I motioned for them to follow closely behind as we made our way through the dark tunnel. Chanyeol suddenly walked past me and lit a flame in his left hand, making it easier to see where we were heading. Baekhyun made the tunnel even brighter from the back of the line with his own powers. And I was happy knowing that my friends were here with me, with a few other people too of course. This would make this whole rescuing thing much easier.
 

But something was odd. Really odd…
 

There weren’t any guards or anything in the dark underground tunnel. I had prepared myself to fight my way through and all, but now that it was empty and silent I didn’t know what to think. Wasn’t this too easy?

 

~Jiao Lin’s POV ~
 

As I sat on the cold and hard floor crying my eyes out, a faint light came through a crack in one of the walls. I stared at it in disbelief, thinking that maybe I was just imagining it. I tried my hardest to stop my tears and even though it was blurry I could really see it. There was indeed light coming inside the small dark room. As I felt my hope return slowly, I clasped my hands together and thanked the gods.
 

But I stopped as my gaze fell upon the roof; the light from the crack illuminated it. My hands dropped to my sides as I saw something I would’ve rather not have noticed at all…

 

Spiders… Everywhere…

 

The panic rose in me once again, more tears threatened to fall as I took a deep breath and kept silent. Fear took over me entirely, leaving me feeling totally helpless in the situation I was in now. I didn’t want to make my presence known. So I held my breath and tried to ignore the gnawing feeling of panic getting even worse.
 

The roof was covered completely by all kinds of spiders; it must’ve been at least hundreds of different species and probably millions of them in total. My eyes widened by the shock and fear as I saw them starting to move one by one, they had been awoken by the sudden brightness…
 

It didn’t make it better when knowing how small the room was, and this only made the room feel even smaller. Especially when some of those long-legged spiders decided to slowly slid down from the roof and scare the hell out of me. The combination of a cramped room and all those scary-looking eight-legged monsters didn’t do anything but make my phobias get worse…
 

Paralyzing me from top to bottom…