Three. The Proposal

Birthday Wish

Siwon just smiled his simple dimpled smile that had all the girls swooning, unable to hold back a grin.  His favourite Hyung, and frankly his favourite person overall, was probably the cutest person he had ever met or will ever meet.  He was adorably flushed, lips pulled into a shy half smile and Siwon could only wonder how he was so blessed to have met him.  Yes, it was a sin to love another man as much as he did, but there was nothing to stop his rapidly beating heart.

“H-Hi….” Yesung said slowly, as if saying it at a regular human pace would mean he would tongue tie.  And that was actually the worry that was on the forefront on his mind.  Knowing him, if he talked any faster he’d end saying all the wrong things with a complete stutter to top it all off.

“Hey, Hyung.  Thanks for inviting me over.” Siwon reached over and practically grabbed the older man, pulling him into a tight hug.  Yesung’s stature was short in comparison to his and his slim figure fit flawlessly into his arms.  This is what a lover’s embrace felt like.

“I-It’s nothing!  It’s your birthday after all.  I-I hope I didn’t take you away from any of your friends.” Yesung stuttered embarrassedly.  Even before he had asked Siwon to spend the night of his special day with him, he’d worried endlessly that the popular man would have other arrangements.  He was Super Junior’s Siwon.  He had the popularity that most stars could and would only fantasise about.  It was more than likely that he had other plans.  So, he’d been completely and totally shocked to have his request agreed to.

“I’d rather spend it with you, Hyung.” Okay, it was one thing for Kyuhyun to whip out awfully flirtatious remarks.  Another thing entirely for Siwon to make slightly, if even, suggestive comments.  Kyuhyun flirted with him shamelessly, it was a norm.  It was a joke.  No meaning, just mindless.  But Siwon pulled sweet, romantic words, as if he was honestly trying to woo the already wooed man.  He blushed to his roots, to his ears and neck, wondering what kind of colour his face was.  Probably crimson from the amount of heat he was feeling. 

“I… You… L-Let’s eat now, Siwonnie.” Yesung stuttered lamely.  He was nervous.  Impossibly so.  He knew.  But who could blame him?  He was beyond comfortable when the other members were around.  They were alone though.  That was an entirely different story.  He turned into a blubbering mess that couldn’t even articulate simple words.

“Did you make it, Hyung?” Siwon asked curiously, earnestly.  He was following the clearly anxious man and could barely resist a coo.  He loved how pink the smaller male’s neck was from embarrassment.  It took all his well trained self control to not lean forward press a kiss against it.

“Uh… yeah, but Wookie helped.  Kyunnie too.” Yesung said, feeling the initial heart stopping jitters starting to fade.  He felt a little bit more comfortable but still felt the rather strong urge to dive into his room.  Had it not been locked by an evil maknae, of course.

“Kyuhyunnie helped?  Should I be fearing for my life?” Siwon quickly joked, burying his envy deep inside his throat.  He could only do just that.  The tall maknae just stirred something in him.  He could only brush off the burning jealousy with light jokes and simple smiles.  He knew there was nothing going on with the man he loved and Kyuhyun.  It was just… It was completely normal to feel a little possessive when there was another male, quite attractive at that, pulling out sweet suggestive words and long drawn out hugs to his Yesung.  Even if he didn’t own him.  But quite frankly, with the way Yesung was so irrevocably in love with him, it was almost official that he had claim over him.

“It wasn’t like he helped a lot.” Yesung said laughing whimsically, turning a little to swat Siwon on the arm.  Everyone knew how dangerous it was to let the maknae into the kitchen.  It could be life threatening. 

“Well, as long as you made it, I’m sure it’s delicious.” Siwon whipped out easily, grinning and ruffling the older man’s perfectly made hair.  Usually, Yesung would be snapping and pouting but right now, he was just busy controlling his breathing.  It was quite difficult actually.  He blushed deeper, smiled shyly before taking Siwon’s wrist and leading him into the dining room where the table was set perfectly.

So it wasn’t a picturesque, romantic, candlelit dinner but it was still equally as pretty.  Well, it had to be for two equally love struck males.  It was simple.  Pure and simple.  Plates set out neatly, cutlery lined up, food in the centre, crisp white table cloth to finish it off.  They were both fully grown men, something more floral or decorative would’ve been an insult to both of them.

“Hyung, you made this?  It’s amazing…” Siwon said in awe, truly ogling the mouth watering food, the scent invading his senses hungrily.  Looked down to the other male, watching Yesung stutter out small words of denial that it ‘wasn’t that great’.  But the taller male would beg to differ, leaning down to kiss the crown of his messy hair.  “Thank you, Hyung.  You’re the best.”

“L-Let’s sit down, Siwonnie.” Yesung mumbled, small and shy, gently pushing at the broad chest that his body was engulfed by.  He didn’t really want to.  He wanted to be held by these arms forever.  And he meant forever to every extent of the word.  Every little connotation that was related, he wanted it.  But Yesung was just selfless, sometimes ridiculously so, and coerced himself into believing that Siwon didn’t want it.  And if Siwon didn’t want it, then all of Yesung’s desires were put on hold.

 And perhaps this was the work of magic.  They sat by the beautifully made table and talked for what could be deemed centuries.  They ate slowly; almost excruciatingly so, more focused on bringing up events of the past and talking each other’s ears off.  They didn’t even notice the food getting could, much too entranced by the other’s eyes.  All of Yesung’s previous worries of it being terribly awkward vanished within seconds, allowing their comfortable, never ending chat to come in.  It was like they were trapped in their own bubble where none could disturb them. 

Unfortunately, the food eventually was all eaten, and Yesung’s found his small fingers fiddling, not wanting this lovely night to end.  But the main course was gone, the salad devoured, the soup drunk.  All that was left was the fluffy shortcake with the pure white icing.  Yesung fished it out of the fridge reluctantly, placing it on the kitchen counter, all twenty-five candles present. 

The smaller male wished he had the ability to stop time in this second.  Maybe it was the blinding smile Siwon was sending him.  Maybe it was the hand that was resting on the small of his back.  Maybe it was the handsome face that was only millimetres away from his own.  Maybe it was the breath that fanned on his flushed cheeks.  Maybe it was the strong muscular body that was pressed against his side, bent down to kind of match his height.  Maybe it was the free hand that held his on the clean cake cutter, hovering above the lovely sweet delight. 

Or maybe it was just all the love his heart was bursting.

The stainless steel knife cut swiftly, a little too fast for Yesung’s taste actually, reaching the bottom within seconds.  Siwon withheld his breath, almost refusing to make his wish, instead guiding Yesung’s hand out of the cake, icing smeared all over the metal.  There was a smirk present on Siwon’s charming features but this was obviously not seen by the crimson blushing male.

“You know Hyung, there’s this saying… If it comes out dirty, you have to kiss the closest boy.” Siwon whispered softly, innocently, lips brushing Yesung’s ear with every minute movement.  Sure, he’d missed out a few details – like the other alternative option – and probably said it all wrong, but if it got him his kiss, he’d do anything.  “I’m waiting, Hyung.”

“Wait, wait, what?  No, wait, I’m not the birthday boy so you have to… Wait, no I didn’t mean it like… Um, it’s not what I meant but, er, I just…” Yesung rambled, trying his best not to faint from the very proposition.  His face was probably the colour of a tomato and his neck and ears were burning up.  His fingers were fiddling, toes curling, eyes shifting and his teeth were biting his lower lip nervously.  It wasn’t like he didn’t want it, actually he really wished he got one, but he really didn’t want to pass out.  And passing out might either make Siwon think he hated him or really loved him.  Neither option was very appealing, frankly.

“Then I’ll just kiss you.” Siwon said simply, easily cornering the small anxious man, pinning him to the kitchen counter.  It was actually very, very effortless.  He just had to hold onto the counter top behind Yesung very firmly and the lead singer was like a bird in a cage.  He could almost hear Yesung’s breathing stop when he realised the very little air space that separated them. 

His almond eyes widened impossibly large, taking in the face that he’d crushed on for the longest time, trying to bite back the squeal that clawed at his throat.  He was used to skinship from Siwon.  That in itself was a fact.  But being so close to such intimate, loving contact when it was just a birthday penalty game was both disheartening and embarrassing.  He tried to escape, move back, anything, but the counter pressed against his tail bone and Siwon’s lips were practically breathing air into his mouth.  He squeezed his eyes super tight, pressing his lips into a taunt line, arching his back as far as he could to get away.  And when the awaited contact was to come, it stayed far, far away, the pressure lifting and suddenly Yesung found the mobility to move.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Siwon asked, unsure and unsteady.  He watched his favourite Hyung’s eyes open slowly, so excruciatingly so, fingers uncurling – only to leave vicious red half moon marks on his palm.  “W-Why’d you react like that?  I thought you liked me.”

“S-Siwonnie, please don’t take it the wrong way.  I do like you.” Yesung pleaded pitifully, he bit his lip, trying to find the right words.  He was supposed to soothe his obviously upset dongsaeng but had to do so without professing his undying love for him.  “You should do that kind of thing with someone you love.  Not with me, Wonnie.”

Obviously, Yesung didn’t know what kind of ‘like’ Siwon was referring to.  But obviously, Siwon was expecting the same oblivious result he always got.  He sighed, feigning disappointment, “I’m allowed a birthday wish every year, right Hyung?” Yesung just nodded, a totally clueless expression on his face, “You want to know what I want for my birthday?” Again, another small and shy nod followed, “You.  I want you to go out with me.”

“Oh, that’s… Wait, what!? Wonnie, what are you…”

To be honest, at least on Siwon’s perspective, the taller male just couldn’t wait any longer.  So, he just stepped forward, held the head full of raven black hair and pressed his lips onto the lead singer’s.  he tasted like vanilla and coffee.  A wonderful concoction of sweet and bitter, perfect in every sense of the word.  He poured out his never ending amounts of love into the cherry lips of Yesung, almost trying to spell it out with his lips – but that was proving to be very difficult.  He hoped and wished and prayed that even the tiniest fraction of his feelings would break into the thick skull of his elder.  If just that would happen, he might actually stand a chance for the man that was absolutely perfect in his eyes.

“Hyung, if you tell me you’re not the person I love, I might just kidnap you.” Siwon said smiling, pressing his forehead to Yesung’s, the smaller male a little breathless from the clearly breathtaking kiss.  Yesung flushed a bright red, blushing all the way to his shoulders, his neck almost completely pink.  “I love you, Hyung.  I love you.  And the only thing I want this year is you.  I want the perfect boyfriend and that… is you.” He cupped Yesung’s heated jaw, leaving tiny kisses on it, “Go out with me, Hyung.”

“I…” It was just too much.  Too much emotion was rushing through Yesung’s system, from the tips of his hair to the soles of his feet.  His fingertips tingled, the deepest emotions in him bubbling over the top. 

“Just say ‘yes’, Yesungie.” Siwon said sweetly, calmly, as he pressed a brief and light kiss to Yesung’s petal lips.  It was truly like time had stopped, had stopped all functions just for that moment.  The elder didn’t want it to end but there was such promise of continuation, an unbreakable oath.  And when they broke apart Yesung was absolutely dazed, dazzled with the purity of his feelings of love, drowning in the almost unending depth of it.

“Yes.”

And did anyone notice the still lit candles upon the uneaten cake?  Such a trivial thing didn’t really matter, actually.  The birthday boy had gotten his wish, blown out candles or not.