Sorry hyung, I can't help you

My Devil Mentor

No One’s POV

                After dinner, Jinhee went back to your room and looked up at you. She saw you were drowning yourself in your blanket so she assumed you were already asleep and she didn’t bother waking you up. ____-unnie must be so tired. She thought.

                Meanwhile, “Hyungs, come, let’s play cards,” Kai invited everyone to gather at the living room. “Woah! Where’d you get those?” D.O. asked Kai where he got the cards. “I brought them,” Kai answered while shuffling the cards. “So, what game are we playing?” D.O. asked Kai. “Poker!” Kai answered D.O. “Oh, sorry, I don’t know this game so, no thanks. Sleep before 10, we still have to rest for tomorrow’s activity,” Suho said. “Sorry, I don’t know how to play this either,” Jong-in stated and so he just went in his room. “Kwenchana, I know how to play this,” Chanyeol joined. “Us too,” Victoria and Luna’s trainees also joined. “Baekhyun-hyung?” Kai asked. “Yeah, sure,” Baekhyun said and also positioned himself on the floor. “Maknae?” Chanyeol invited Sehun so Sehun just nodded. Amber and Sulli’s trainee weren’t in sight, they were also in their room, resting.

                “Hyung, loser has to have a consequence,” Kai said to D.O. “What are you planning?” D.O. asked Kai with a curious expression painted on his face. “We’re all legal now right?... How about a shot… of soju?” Kai hesitated at first ‘cause he was afraid his hyungs might smack him again but they didn’t. “Don’t tell Manager-hyung,” Chanyeol told everyone and they all nodded. “But, where can we find Soju in this place?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol. “I saw Manager-hyung brought 5 cases of soju for the caretakers but he brought more than enough so he stored the last 2 cases inside the fridge. Of course, he’ll know we drank it but don’t tell them who specifically, okay?” Chanyeol said and everyone agreed again. D.O. and Chanyeol looked inside the fridge and grabbed the two cases of Soju plus 2 shot glass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                "Sorry Kai, you're gonna lose now, straight flush!!" Chanyeol said excitedly. "Good job hyung, but...“ Kai handed down his cards and they formed... Royal Flush! "Yah Kai-ah and Sehun-ah! Why aren’t you two losing? Lose just this time!” Chanyeol said to Kai and Sehun. “Yeah, look at D.O. and the two trainees,” Baekhyun who lost for 5 times said. “Yahhhh~! Hyung, what are you saying?! Are you saying I’m drunk?” D.O. who was already tomato red told Baekhyun while everyone just laughed. “No *hic* D.O.-hyung *hic* we’re not drunk,” Luna’s trainee said. “Yah~ what’s with those hiccups?” D.O. smacked Luna’s trainee lightly in the head.

                “I’m not drunk~! I can still plaaaay~!” D.O. said a little too loudly, he’s already drunk while Luna’s and Amber’s trainee already went to their respective rooms and rested. On the other hand, Chanyeol lost for about 9 times and he’s near to being drunk. Baekhyun also lost for about 13 times and yes, he’s already drunk but manageable compared to D.O. Baekhyun was just silent when he’s drunk. “Aish, this game is boring me,” Sehun blurted out. “I’m off to sleep hyungs, I hope you sober up before dawn,” Kai also said. “Yah! Yah! Kai-ah~ we’re not finished, you still need to drink!” D.O. was about to come after Kai but he was too dizzy to walk properly. “Yah, clean this up first!” Chanyeol called Kai again to clean everything. Chanyeol helped but he was too drunk to move fast so in the end Kai was the one to throw the garbage. They didn’t bother asking Sehun’s help because they already know he wouldn’t even lift a finger.

                “Hyungs, are you all sleeping here?” Kai asked D.O., Chanyeol, and Baekhyun. “He’s already sleeping,” Sehun bluntly said while pointing at D.O. “Aish~! Yah, Hyung! Wake up! Don’t tell me, I’m gonna carry you?” Kai keeps on kicking D.O. but he didn’t budge, he keeps on sleeping so Kai with a little help from Chanyeol lifted D.O. back to their room.

Sehun’s POV

                   “Baekhyun-hyung, aren’t you going back to your room?” I asked Baekhyun-hyung who was sitting on the couch. “Later, I’ll sober up first,” he said now drinking water. *silence* . “Aish, Sehun-ah…” he suddenly blurted out so I just stared at him. “I really like ____-ah so much, but I don’t have any idea how to confess. I want it to be perfect,” Baekhyun-hyung continued. I didn’t react. As soon as I heard her name coming out from his mouth, I feel so insecure. “Will you---“ He’s asking for my help? “Sorry hyung, if you want me to help you I’m afraid I can’t,” I cut him and he just stared at me. How can I help someone who loves the exact same person I love? I never regretted anything in my life, until she came into picture. No, not her. How can I regret meeting the person I love? But giving my blessing to hyung, ignoring her, asking her to stop… I regret all of those because all were lies built by too much pride and denial. But also, built by acceptance of defeat… accepting that ___-ah likes hyung, and that I should respect that, no matter how much it would hurt me. That’s why I don’t want to help hyung anymore, I don’t want to add this to my regrets. So I’ll just tell him the truth and not meddle anymore.

                   “You don’t need my help or anyone’s help, hyung.” I stood up without looking at him. “What do you mean?” Baekhyun-hyung asked. “She already likes you,” I didn’t wait for him to answer as I immediately went straight to my room.

 

 

 

Hello my beloved readers! I see many of you can speak the same language as me! Hello kababayans!^^~ But Sehun... why are you like this? *lol, as if I'm not the one who did this to him...* Anyways, I'll try to double update today.. Not sure though, I'm currently writing the 38th chapter. How do you like this chapter? Keep on commenting~ saranghae~!!