Action

Freeze [Hiatus]

“I’m sorry I’m breaking up with you.” my eyes widened after hearing him say that. I think my ears were just deceiving me so I asked him to repeat what he said and sad to say but I heard it correctly.

“Why?” was the only word I was able to utter out before tears started to fall down. He explained everything to me but I wasn’t able to take in what he was saying because my mind went blank and it felt like I was deaf since I can’t make out any sound; the only thing I was able to hear was my continuous sobbing. I didn’t even realize that he had left already.

I stood up and left the café, I didn’t care if I looked like a mess right now. I ignored all the whispers and stares I was receiving as I lifelessly walked my way home. My vision was blurry due to my endless crying that I didn’t even notice I was already walking in a dark alley.

I came back to reality when I heard a whistle, I wiped my tears with the back of my palm and looked from left to right and even at my back but there was no sign of any person. I mentally face palmed myself, of course I won’t see anyone since it was dark and the only light emitting from the place was a lamp post at the end of the alley.

I started to walk but stopped when I saw a shadow approaching me, they were three to be exact. I have a bad feeling about this especially when someone started to talk.

“What’s a beautiful girl like you doing in a place like this? Are you lost?” his voice was attractive but I won’t be fooled. As a natural reflex I ran for my life. I heard them shout for me to come back then I heard footsteps coming after me so I didn’t look back.

I was almost out of the dark alley when I bumped into someone whom I presumed to be a man since I hit his hard chest. I looked up but my sight was blinded from the light coming from the light post behind him. “Help.” I said out breathlessly.

“You have nowhere to run now.” I heard a voice from behind me say and I turned around which was a mistake.

“Found a new toy, I see.” the guy whom I bumped into said but before I could even look back I felt a pain. He just punched me on my stomach and I fell to the ground and curled up like a small fetus. My eyes slowly drooped down and everything went black.

~

I slowly opened my eyes and I suddenly felt pain. A guy was carrying me over his shoulders like I was some kind of sack. I guess he didn’t notice I was already awake so I took the chance to observe my surroundings so I know where I would turn when I start to run for my life again. I can smell the ocean and the place looks like an abandoned harbour.

I pretended to be asleep again when the guy carrying me greeted someone. Then I heard a door open, probably one of the warehouses.

“What’d you do to her? Usually you come here with girls fawning over you. This is new don’t tell me you already did something to the poor girl?” the voice was very deep and low that it made me more scared then what I’m feeling right now.

“I haven’t done anything yet since she ran away from me good thing Z caught her.” Z? That must be the name of the guy who I bumped into. I never would’ve known that he was one of them.

He stopped walking then suddenly dropped me on the floor, I pursed my lips to prevent a groan come out of my mouth. My body just hit the concrete ground but I decided to pretend that I was still asleep. If I’m asleep then they might not hurt me. I’ll just wait ‘till they fall asleep and I’ll take that chance to run away. The warehouse is not far from the gates so I have a high chance of escaping.

~

I woke up with different voices talking and laughing with each other. I fell asleep for real, good thing I’m still in one piece. I slightly opened my right eye to see how many were present. The guy who carried me was still there and he was talking to that guy with the very low voice. Seeing his face his voice doesn’t suit him. I then regret opening my eye because he saw that and he nudged the guy in front of me. He directed his eyes on me and when his friend turned around, I was mesmerized. If he didn’t kidnap me and all and if only he wasn’t a bad guy then I would not mind if he becomes my boyfriend.

He smirked and then started walking towards me. I wanted to sit up but then I felt something, I looked at my feet and it was tied up. I tried to move my hand but it was tied up as well. I wasn’t able to move and when I looked up again his face was dangerously close to mine. So close that I can feel his breath already.

“Looking at you up close you’re really pretty.” he said. I wanted to say that he was handsome as well and his red hair complimented him but of course why would I say that to my kidnapper?

“Who are you and what do you want from me?” I asked as I glared at him but it didn’t work since he was only smiling.

“I just want to have fun and if you cooperate with me then you won’t get hurt.” he said calmly. I don’t like where this conversation was going. Before I could even say another word he hovered over me. Okay I’m scared to death right now.

I started to tremble when I felt his lips touch my neck. My tears started to fall down again when his hands were travelling my body. “Ssshhh don’t worry. Just cooperate with me and you won’t get hurt I promise.” I won’t let him get me without a fight. I gathered all my courage and I spat on his face. He was shocked at my action but it was immediately replaced with his smirk. He wiped his face and his hand touched my cheek. I felt a warm liquid pour down, it bled because of the hard slap I just received.

“I guess I don’t need to be nice to you.” he said as he rip open my shirt revealing my underwear. He looked at me for a while and I couldn’t stop myself from tearing up. This would be the end of me. He was about to capture my lips when a voice boomed out.

“U-Kwon!” I recognized that voice. I turned my head to the right and saw someone looking down at us. For a moment I saw concern in his eyes but when I blinked it was all gone and replaced with cold eyes.

The guy above me looked at the blonde guy. “What?” he then stood up and that made me sigh in relief. At least I’m safe for now.

“How could you let your guard down? The police are on to us now.” he said as he took a glance of me. “We have to get out of here.” with that said they all started to walk out of the warehouse. I’ll be alright once the police finds me, right?

I then heard a voice that startled me. I guess they were still outside and from the sound of their voices they were arguing.

“Why the f*** did you just do that?” someone shouted. I then saw smoke and in a flash there was fire. They’re burning the place. I was relieved that he wasn’t able to touch me but then now I’ll die. I started coughing; it’s getting harder to breath with all this smoke. Soon enough I was surrounded with red and orange colors. My source of air was almost gone. Why did something like this happen to me? I could no longer breathe so my eyes closed. I guess this is my fate, I’ll die now.


I pushed U-Kwon to the side once I saw that he lit the lighter and tossed it into the warehouse. “Why the f*** did you just do that?” I shouted at him.

“We can’t leave any evidence behind. Now let’s go.” he said. Inside the warehouse were the drugs we sell and if the police sees that then they might be able to trace us but the girl was still inside. Why would I even care for her? Isn’t it good that she’ll go down along with the drugs? If she escapes then were done for.

“Zico!” I heard them calling my name so I looked back one more time before running to their direction. Something inside me was killing me and it kept on telling me to go back.

“Ya! Where the heck are you going?” I ignored their calls and went back to the warehouse. It was already flaming and I don’t think she’s still alive but I took my chances. I opened the door and stepped back to avoid any falling debris. Once I was sure that there won’t be any more falling things I made my way inside.

I walked further inside to the place where we left her. I heard coughing that means she was still alive. I followed the sound and it didn’t take long for me to find her. Her eyes were closed and she was barely breathing. I carried her bridal style and made my way outside. It was still easy getting in but now it’s way difficult to find our way out. The warehouse was slowly falling apart.

~

It was a good thing we were already out when the police came. I looked at the girl I was carrying, no wonder U-Kwon took interest in her she looks pretty. I realized that her shirt was rip apart so I removed my jacket and placed it on her. I then decided to take her to the hospital that way I can leave her and we would never meet again.

“What happened?” the nurse from the emergency room asked. It was really different from what I see on television. The place was quiet and the nurses tended to different people in a calm manner and asked them questions. I had to make up an excuse. “I just found her. I don’t have any idea.” it was a good thing she bought my lie.

I watched as they tended to her wounds and gave her an oxygen mask. Once I was sure that she was alright I decided to leave but the nurse stopped me. “Are you going to leave the patient?” she asked. I took a glance at her sleeping figure. “I don’t know her. You should go and look if she has any ID or something wherein you can contact someone who knows her.” I said as I left.

~

As I entered the house I was greeted with a very hard punch in the face. “What the heck is wrong with you? Why did you go back and save her? She saw our faces and I don’t think she’ll keep quiet about what happened to her.” U-Kwon was fuming in anger. Well I can’t blame him, he was right if that girl tells the police what happened then it won’t be long ‘till we’ll be put behind the bars. I wasn’t in the mood to fight him back so I just kept quiet and made my way to my room.

“Yah! Zico if she tells on us you won’t see her ever again.” his words made me stop on my tracks. “Don’t worry I’ll pay a visit at the hospital tomorrow and make sure that she won’t be able to say a thing.”

~

I purposely woke up early to drop by the hospital. I was already in front of the door when I remembered I’m not wearing my jacket so I went back to my room but then I recalled that I gave it to that girl. I guess I’ll have to endure the cold breeze for now.

I don’t know her name so how will I be able to find her? Just then I saw the nurse who tended to her so I approached her. “Do you by any chance know where the room of the girl I brought yesterday is?”

She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. “I thought you don’t know her? So why are you looking for her now?”

I scratched the back of my head. “You see she has something I own.”

“And what may that be?” aish~ why is this nurse so nosy? I flashed her a smile. “She has my jacket and I only want that back. And I want to know if she’s okay.”

“She’s fine but we didn’t find any contacts we could call.” she then started to tell me what she did after I left but I didn’t pay interest at all. I just pretended to listen. Good thing we arrived at the room in just a few minutes.

“Thanks you.” I said as she smiled back and went away. I looked at the door before slowly turning the knob. I peeked first to see if she was awake, I went inside when I saw that she was still sleeping soundly. I saw my jacket placed on the table so I quickly took it and wore it since the room was kind of chilly and I was only wearing a white shirt. I then stood beside her table and l didn’t even know I was already staring at her.

“What are you doing here?” she asked and that made me break off my trance. I noticed the fear in her voice.

 

“I’ll make things easier for you don’t tell the police what we did to you and you won’t get hurt. Just pretend that nothing like that ever happened.” I then approached her and we are now face to face. “You do understand what will happen to you if you decide to tell the police, right?” Well, the truth is I’m just scaring her so she won’t talk anymore and I think it worked since she nodded her head like an obedient little girl. “That’s good.” I then left her.

As I got out of the hospital, a guy bumped into me. I was about to yell at him but he was already gone so I just left. He was lucky that he was fast or else he’ll taste my wrath. . He seemed to be very familiar but I shrugged it off. It was still early and I want to go back to sleep.

~

When I got home P.O. and U-Kwon were panicking so I asked them what’s wrong and they told me that they got her. I didn’t listen to the rest of their explanation. I ran out of the house and went to the only place I know they could be. If they just lay a hand on her there will be blood.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~okay here's the first chapter... I don't even know what I had written I promise to make it up with the second chapter.. I think this is kind of a lame start... anyway please leave comments