Chapter 1 - Painful Past

Prince's Last Wish

 

C H A P T E R  1  -   P A I N F U L  P A S T


 

April 15, 2002

Air China Flight 129 (CCA129, CA129) a flight from Beijing Capital International Airport, Beijing, People's Republic of China to Gimhae International Airport, Busan, South Korea. On April 15, 2002, the jet on this route crashed into a hill near Busan, killing 129 of 166 on board. There are 37 survivors, 30 passengers in critical condition and 7 missing passengers.

Names of the missing passengers:

Park Inha

Lee Jongin

Kim Kyungtae

Park Jiho

Oh Taekyung

Lee Yongsan

Jung Jessica

------------

Placing down the old newspaper on top of the glass table, the lad stood up with a weary expression. He walked of his room with his bag on his left hand. ‘It's been 10 years, eh?’ His thoughts about her started to linger on his mind. Again. It's not new to him, every morning when he wakes up, the first person who comes in his mind is her, her warm smile.

"Crown Prince?" His thoughts suddenly popped away in his mind as he looked over to the person beside him still without a smile.

"It's nothing." He sighed effortlessly, getting inside the car without even meeting his eyes. "Crown Prince, if you're not feeling well--" Stopping his words, he shook his head. "I'm alright, Kangin." Kim Kangin, Crown Prince's personal butler, smiled faintly at his master, closing the back seat's door.

"When can I see your smile?" Mumbling onto his self, he watched as the car drove away the palace.

"Mr. Kangin, Mr. Kangin!" A cheerful voice surprised the middle-aged butler. "Crown Princess Tiffany, please just call me Kangin." The butler bowed his head, showing his respect towards the princess.

"But you're older than me." The Crown Princess retorted.

"Please just call me by my name." Pleading the silly princess to call him by his name, he can't help but to smile at how the kind and cheerful the princess is.

"Alright!" Agreeing on his pleads, she started smiling showing her eye smile. "Mr. Kangin!"

"Crown Princess." He started laughing at how silly the princess is as Tiffany joined him laughing. A witty princess like her will never listen to anybody.

"Where's Donghae-oppa?" She changed the topic, asking to where the Crown Prince is. "Crown Prince already went to school." He responded.

"Did he smile?"

Hearing her question, the butler sadly shook his head. "He's still the same. He never smiles." It's been 10 years since the crown prince smiled truly. Of course, he smiled but those smile were pretends, fake smiles. He turned into a cold person since the sudden death of the late Princess Jessica.

"He still thinks my sister." Looking at the calm sky, memories of her sister started to flow back on her mind. Her sister was the closest person in her life when she was still alive. Her priceless smiles, unending caring and endless love to her family were the things she always missed. How she worried when something happened to her, how she showed her love to her family. She can never forget her sister.

“I miss her too…” She mumbled looking on the ground.

"Princess, are you not going to school?" Her senses came back as Kangin asked her. "I will, of course." But before she can get inside the car, the butler halted her.

“Crown Princess, I forgot to tell you about Mrs. Choi.” She froze, not opening . It’s been years since she heard that name. Choi. “They are coming back from England to visit the King and Queen…” Kangin paused, thinking if he should continue his words. He’s been working here since he was 18 years old and he knew everything about this place— those secrets.

“…with her son Choi Siwon-ssi.”

-----------

After arriving at Dongwook University, he started walking down the hallway, gaining the students curious stares. Like always, students in the same university always talks about him, every morning. Those deafening whispers and murmurs made his mood ruined. If only he can stop them, he already did it. Finally reaching their classroom, his eyes passed by the sign, ‘3rd year - Major in Photography'. Yes, he's majoring in photography in his third year in college. 

"Oh. Donghae!"

His eyes met their gazes, half-smiling while walking towards the 2 guys. "Something happened?" Park Leeteuk, one of his best buddies in school, asked. "I'm just sleepy." Sitting back on his chair, he started yawning with his hand on top of his mouth. His close friends used to call him by his name, especially in school.

"Nothing's new." A new voice butted in, diverting their gaze to him. "Kyuhyun-ah, you should learn how to worry to your hyungs." Cho Kyuhyun, a very arrogant guy and one of his best friends in school, scoffed, leaning back on his seat.

"Yah, I heard Tiffany turned 18 last week." Leeteuk who is known the university playboy, started asking the quiet lad. Donghae nodded in agreement, showing no signs of interest. "Then can I ask her out?" Leeteuk trailed, hoping for the Crown Prince to agree.

"Yah! Are you out of your mind? She's his fiancée and soon she will be his wife." The maknae can't help but to in. "Donghae doesn't like her so it means it's alright." Leeteuk didn't stop the topic about the princess. "Right, Donghae?" Waiting for his answer, the prince glances at him for a second.

"You can't touch her." It's like a threat, saying that Tiffany is not an object that he can play with. Leeteuk knew that he was serious this time as he zipped his talkative mouth.

"I told you, he likes her." Kyuhyun laughed at his hyung as Leeteuk sends death glares to him.

"Oh, it's Seohyun-ah." said Leeteuk, planning to take his revenge on the maknae. Cho Kyuhyun's arrogant attitude can never beat Seohyun's goddess-like charm. His attitude changes when Seohyun is there and she is his only weakness. Known by his hyungs, both of them use Seohyun to counter his arrogant attitude.

Breathing deeply, Kyuhyun sat straight, composing his posture. He always starts to act cool in front of Seohyun. But then not to their expectations, the said woman presents a smile towards the Crown Prince. Donghae forced his smile to come out as he tried not to make any eye contact with her.

The 3 of them became speechless, assuming that Seohyun likes Donghae. "Looks like Kyuhyun's girl likes you." This time, Leeteuk tried to tease the youngest, making his voice loud. The youngest can't help but to shoot glares onto his hyung as the oldest chuckled at his angered expression.

Suddenly the door swung open, revealing their first subject teacher. Just like every normal day, this day is one of the boring days in his life, one of the days without her in his life. 

-------------

Just like every school days, Donghae always stays at the school garden alone during their break time to at least forget the things that bothers his mind. With his camera on his hands, he started taking pictures—students, sceneries and trees. Sitting on his favourite bench in the center of the garden, he suddenly took a picture of the cherry blossoms.

The pink color of the leaves radiates his eyes as he looked on the shot he took. He almost smiles, almost but he didn’t as he saw a figure standing in front of the tree, staring at how the petals slowly fall on the ground. He pressed the zoom button on his camera as he felt his heart skip a beat. His eyes went wide, looking at the face of the lady.

“No…” Standing up from the bench, he hurriedly looked back on where the lady is standing. His eyes turned watery just by staring at her. He felt that she’s someone he knew, someone who is closed to his heart. His lips parted, finding the right words to say but then suddenly the bell rang, making the students ran back from their classroom.

He didn’t hear the bell, with his focus only on the mysterious girl. Taking his little steps, the lady started to run away from him. “No… please don’t leave.” Mumbling his words only to his self, he started following the girl, running as if it’s his last day.

But then as he reached the main hallway of the university, he froze, looking forward. No one’s there, only him. The only sound he can hear is his breathing, his fast breathing. Clenching his fist, he raised his hand with the camera, looking at the face of the mysterious girl.

“Jessica…”

-----------

 

A/N: Hello! :D So this is the first chapter, I'm sorry if it's too short but I promise for the next chapter I will update a longer chapter. By the way the airplane crash that happened in my story is true, I researched it and there was an plane crash last 2002. So I just connected it with my story. If you have any question regarding my story, feel free to ask me. Please don't forget to comment and subscribe. :D  I will try to update every 2 days. Thank you!