Mistake

Mistake

 

How much longer do I have to stand this pain? The pain that eats me up inside slowly. I know it was my mistake for falling in love with you. I know it was my mistake for mistaking your kindness as affection towards me. But can you really blame me? Can you? That night you took me into your arms and whispered such wonderful words for me to listen. I knew you were drunk and when one is drunk they don’t know what they’re saying. But it’s also true that when one is drunk, they spill out their true feelings that they’ve bottle up inside them.

 

Although I knew you were drunk that night, I still took those words seriously and played it as if that’s what you meant.

 

I am a fool for loving you. I am a fool for falling for you. I am fool for staying by your side even though I know well that you will never return my feelings. But can you blame me? Can you?

 

That night, which I told you that I loved you, you had given me the most hurtful expression ever. You looked at me as if I was some kind of alien from outer space. You laughed in my face and told me that you only look at me as a little brother, nothing more nothing less. You told me that you had no interest in dating the same gender. You brushed my feelings off of your shoulders and continued to walk on.

 

Can you blame me for falling in love with you? You took care of me all this time. When I didn’t know anything, you slowly taught me step by step. I guess I was a fool for taking your kindness as affection towards me.

 

Even though you have rejected my confession, my love, my affection towards you, why is that I can’t let you go? What have you done to me? Tell me. I know you don’t love me and you will never turn to look at me the same way I look at you, but…why is that I still continue to stick by your side?

 

I am a fool for falling in love with you. I am a fool for sticking to this one sided love story. It was my mistake, my mistake for loving you in the beginning.

 

Yet I continue to love you…and it hurts me knowing that you will never return my feelings. But that’s okay; as long as I can stay by your side forever then I’m satisfied.

 

“Kris,” Tao called. Kris stopped midway in EXO-M’s apartment hallway.

 

“Hm?” He answered.

 

“I love you,” Tao said while looking at Kris’s back.

 

“Mm,” was all Kris said before retreating to his room.

 

Tao slid down against the wall, grasped his shirt and cried for the millionth time. 

 

---------------------

 

Song motivation - SNSD's Mistake.