Chapter Three

Best friend my

 

Chapter Three:
 
Four years later.
 
Jiyeon and Donghae had a daughter and named her HaeLin.
 
Chaerin and Eunhyuk had enough on their hands with just the twins.
 
6am rolled around and Eunhyuk walked in the front door.
 
"Holy ! Chae you scared the hell out of me. Why are you just sitting there, you weren't waiting for me to come home were you?"
Chaerin stared at him for about a minute, stood up out of the chair, walked over to him, and laid her head on his chest.
 
"You haven't been home in two days and I haven't been able to sleep, I didn't know what happened to you. Jiyeon even came over yesterday and helped me take care of the kids and let me play with HaeLin. I was scared that something happened to you and I
was never going to see you again. Please don't ever do that again, promise." 
 
He hugged her, kissed her forhead, carried her to the bedroom bridal style, placed her on the bed, and laid with her until she fell asleep.
 
Once she was asleep he got up from bed and woke the kids up and fed them breakfast.
 
Jiyeon walked in the front door.
 
"Oh, so you're finally back. She was really worried about you."
 
She sat a gift bag down on the table and turned around and left.
 
At around 6PM Chaerin woke up from her deep slumber.
 
She walked out to find a bouquet of roses and the gift bag from Jiyeon.
 
She saw a note that was laid next to the roses but first she opened the gift bag.
 
Inside was a pair of couple sweat shirts and a note that read:
 
"Dear Chae,
You're my best friend and I love you so much. We've had our moments when we hated each other but we haven't had one of those in about ten years. The point I'm trying to make is, both of us have just about perfect lives. But I'm sorry, what I'm about to say is going to ruin yours. That promise we made when we were younger 'Best friends forever right, promise? No matter what we will never stop being friends, nothing can break us apart.' I really hope we can follow through with this. When I tell you my story I hope you can understand that I never meant for any of this. I love you.
When you first met Hyuk-Jae I was jealous. I had met him once before and I liked him. When you told me you were dating I told you I was so happy for you but truthfully I wasn't. Then after we got married to them, Hyuk-Jae and I started seeing each other. We would go to hotels and have and we would meet up at cafe's and then go back to my house or your house when you weren't home. Hell, HaeLin isn't even Donghae's. I only came over yesterday to make sure you were okay, Hyuk-Jae's been with me those past two days. Sadly, I've loved him longer than you and I just want you to know that. I love him. And I'm just going to ask you to remain my best friend. Just like we've always been"
 
I put down the letter and I didn't even realize I had been crying until I went to put the letter away and Ricky grabbed my hand.
 
"Mommy, why are you crying?"
 
I just looked at him and smiled.
 
He reminded me that Hyuk and I thought we had a real love but it was only one sided.
 
Just then I looked at the roses and I realized how huge the bouquet was.
 
No matter how large the apology, I could never accept it. 
 
I opened the letter from Hyuk and read it.
 
"Jiyeon told me that she told you, I don't expect you to forgive me but I know you won't kick me out and make me leave the kids. I'll live here, we can still tell the kids we love each other but I don't want this anymore. Here's your ring, here's your love, and lastly here's my apology. I only did those things with her because I believed that you didn't love me. You never wanted to touch me or anything. Lets end this pathetic lie."
 
I ripped that apart and I couldn't even look at Ricky anymore.
 
Ricky, Rosario, and this house are all reminders of our fake love. No wait, his fake love. 
 
My love was all real, 100% real but how was I supposed to believe his was.
 
That night he came in and laid down next to me.
 
He wrapped those arm's around me, the one's that use to be my security blanket and I flinched and once he was asleep I cried
myself to sleep.
 
A week later I forgave him and we continued like nothing ever happened.
 
I even found myself back in love with him and completely trusting Jiyeon.
 
She came over and I watched him hold HaeLin and the way he looked at her reminded me of the way he use to look at me. 
Completely and utterly in love.
 
I hated it, but I had to live with it, because of a childish promise I made with my best friend.
 
Because I was stupid.
 
Best Friends My
Aisunshines