Struck by Cupid's Arrow

Underground Mafia

That afternoon, Shin Hye proceeded a few miles from the farm. She entered a place where it seemed to her like a private rest house, yet there wasn't even someone guarding the place. She cautiously entered the gate. The place revealed a cozy house with a lawn and a pool. Shin Hye went closer. To her surpise, the pool turned black. Then out of nowhere, some trashes, plastics and tin cans began to emerge from the pool. And out of nowhere too, someone emerged from the water, doing a back . However, instead of feet, Shin Hye saw a fish's tail. A mermaid?

"Ch..chogiyo-"

"WAH! WHAT IS A NGO NGO DOING IN HERE?" Shin Hye jaw-dropped. It's a merman?

"Mianheyo...I was just wondering if you could help me."

"Shireo!"

"Wae?"

"Because I don't help ngo-ngo's who came from the 'M'".

"Geurae? I can see that you're one selfish Entity!"

The Entity shook his raised finger. "Ah-ah...I'm the Merman Entity, and not just another ordinary Entity," he explained. When he had finished speaking this, a tray of sliced watermelons flew from the house to a table near the black pool. The Merman Entity hoisted himself out of the pool. His fins started to do the walking just like regular feet. He sat on a recliner and offered SHin Hye a slice of the fruit.

"Care for some?"

"Ah..neh.." Shin Hye said as she accepted the watermelon and thanked the Merman Entity. She looked at the watermelon again. She knew it woud taste weird, so she braced herself for the worst. Nibbling a small piece, she discovered that it tasted just like the ordinary watermelon.

"At least, this one's normal," Shin Hye thought to herself as she ate the watermelon peacefully. The Merman Entity didn't seem interested in her just like the other Entities, so Shin Hye just left him in peace after taking some watermelon slices with her.

 

***

The Wizard waved his hand on the waters over his pond. In it, he could see Shin Hye walking out of the Merman Entity's abode. Yong Hwa smiled.

"This girl is interesting," he thought as he sat on the ground and rested his chin on his hands. Suddenly, he felt something different. While observing Shin Hye, he saw for the first time how charming the girl was to him. He sighed. He didn't want Shin Hye to die under the influence of his clowns. He wanted her to succeed. But then, he suddenly didn't want her to go. He could free Min Hyuk, but not Shin Hye.

Remorse suddenly scratched his heart. He thought to that as much as he wanted to keep Shin Hye for himself, she wanted to be with Min Hyuk. She wanted to get out of that weird place and go back to where she came from.

"Shin Hye-ah..I know I'm giving you a hard test. But why are you torturing my heart? Why do I want you?"