Two Women

Amore. Odio. Guerra.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Notes: I’m so, so sorry that the update for this fic came too long :(( It’s just that I’ve been busy and my muse for this went MIA :(( But I promise all of you I’ll try much harder

 

“Good morning, appa.”

                Her father absently mumbled his reply; his eyes and attention focused solely on the newspaper held between his hands. Sooyoung could only exchange a look with her older sister, who was already seated in her chair; a silent sigh escaping her lips as she forced a smile on her face. She hurriedly sat down when her mother entered the dining room; a bright smile on her beautiful face as she carried a platter of varieties of breads to the table. As soon as she placed the platter on the table, the newspaper in her husband’s hands were folded neatly and placed atop the wooden furniture. All three women watched as he quickly drained his cup of coffee and got on his feet as soon as it was empty.

“You’re not eating breakfast?”

“I have an important meeting.” He replied, wiping the corners of his mouth with the napkin before throwing the piece of cloth on his chair. “I’ll eat before or after, I promise.”

                Sooyoung could only exchange yet another look with her sister as their father excused himself from the table, dropping a kiss on his wife’s cheek before leaving the room altogether. Mrs. Choi could only let out a breath, forcing a small smile on her face for the sake of her children. She sat down on her chair and the three women began eating in silence.

                A small frown kept its place on Sooyoung’s beautiful face as she drove her dark sapphire colored Bentley Continental GT V8, following the directions Yoochun gave her. Today was her scheduled meeting with her new acquaintance along with his four other business partners. It was definitely not the time to lose her focus but her mind kept replaying the events of that day’s breakfast.

                Her father was one she would always call loving, supportive, and a good provider. She wouldn’t have the life she had if it weren’t for all his hard work. He had raised her well and supported her as she grew; the advice, financial support and the like that he had given her business ventures proving to be an example of that. But lately he had been busier than usual, often distracted when he was at home. She and her sister had kept their mouth shut, partly because their mother had insisted that everything was fine.

But was it really?”

                The car veered right and almost instantly, TVXQ’s main office came into view. A chuckle left her lips at the sight, remembering how Yoochun said that the building wasn’t really hard to miss. It really wasn’t… considering it was the only building of that height and grandeur on that street. If this was any indication of what kind of team Yoochun and his friends are, she was very damn well impressed.

Heechul did a once over of her outfit as she entered the lobby of the building. “Valentino. Jimmy Choo. Impressive.”

“I don’t know if I should be amused or disturbed that you know what I’m wearing.” Sooyoung shook her head at him, sending a bright smile at the two other men flanking his sides. “Good morning.”

“He attended the fashion show. That’s why he knows.” Leeteuk rolled his eyes good naturedly. “Good morning, Sooyoung.”

She let out a laugh. “Why am I not surprised…”

Heechul frowned a touch. “That’s a good thing, right?”

“You’re here.” A new voice joined the conversation; Yoochun emerging around the corner soon after. “Sooyoung-ssi, you look great.”

“Thank you.” Sooyoung smiled, nearly rolling her eyes soon after. “Please, just call me Sooyoung unless needed.”

“Are they upstairs?” Kangin asked, fidgeting with his tie.

Yoochun nodded. “Please, follow me.”

                Leeteuk, Kangin, Heechul and Sooyoung silently followed as Yoochun led the way to the elevators; Sooyoung doing her best to calm herself down. This was probably the most important meeting she had been in ever since she decided to start her own businesses and it scared her. Worriedly pursing her lips as she stepped inside the elevator before the rest of the men, she wondered if she would get along with Yoochun’s partners. A hand was suddenly on her shoulder and she turned, catching Heechul’s encouraging smile. Sooyoung smiled back at her long-time friend just as their lift reached its designated floor.

                As soon as the door slid open, they were welcome by a spacious lobby, complete with sofas, couches and a coffee table. A reception’s desk sat right next to the lone door; a tall, Chinese woman standing behind it. She immediately bowed in greeting as they approached, leaving her space to hand Yoochun a white folder.

“Are they inside?” Yoochun asked as he accepted the folder.

“Yes, sir.” She replied, gesturing for the door. “This way, please.”

                She led them towards what Sooyoung could only assume as the boardroom or something like it. Silently swallowing the lump that suddenly formed in , she in a breath as the secretary opened the door and they stepped inside; the four men waiting instantly on their feet. If Sooyoung didn’t know better, she’d think they – along with Yoochun – were models instead of businessmen. Her glance flickered at each of Yoochun’s partners; all looking very dapper in their suits.

Yoochun gestured for Sooyoung to step forward, smiling when she did so. “Guys, this is Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter