When the world keeps us apart....

When the world keeps us apart....



Luhan was sitting on the bed, intensively staring at the phone in his hands. Sehun was supposed to call today but it was already quite late and he still hasn´t received the call nor a text message, that would explain why Sehun didn´t keep his promise. 


Luhan sighed. When he joined SM Entertainment, he was excited. It may not have been his dream to be an entertainer. He has never really thought about proceeding his career in this area but when they casted him on the street, he was thrilled. He liked singing and dancing and now, he got a chance to do what he loved. The only problem was his personality. He was shy and timid and he honestly couldn´t picture himself as an idol. But he knew he got the looks and the talent and you just don´t say no to the SME. 


The first time he went to the practice room to meet the members, he felt anxious. His social skills were a little lacking and his korean still wasn´t fluent so he was worried he wouldn´t be able to communicate with the others well.


Everyone was nice and kind to him and since there were three other chinese boys he began to relax a little. Maybe it ain´t gonna be that bad after all. Especially Sehun shown interest in him. He always tried to make a conversation with him and even if Luhan couldn´t remember some words or made a mistake he would just smile it off and teach him the correct phrases. 

Luhan found him cute. Sehun was quite funny and Luhan noticed, that at times he was also clumsy. Luhan loved how Sehun would sometimes trip over his own feet and then chuckle at his own incompetence. The two of them grew closer as the time passed. They became depending on each other and for a while they forgat about the structure of the group and the fast aproaching date of their debut. They were practicing very hard every day but the reality still refused to sink in. As long as they could be together, they were happy. 


But nothing lasts forever and so after their debut, they had to part. Luhan missed his home, his family, but he really didn´t want to leave Sehun. He didn´t understand how could he grow to like the younger boy so fast, that just the thought of not being able to see him pained him.


At first, it wasn´t so bad. They called and texted each other very often but with their busy schedules, the number of calls and texts started to decrease as the time passed. Luhan didn´t want to admit it, but he felt the distance between them was growing each day. He hadn´t heard from Sehun for three days already so he was really looking forward to the call. Ah, how much he missed the voice of the maknae. 

He again looked at his phone. No messages, no missed calls and it was already almost midnight. Considering the time difference, he doubted Sehun would call this late. He felt a pain piercing his heart and the tears were threatening to fall. It was so stupid. They were just friends, just members of the same group, so why did he miss him so much? 


Suddenly, the door to his room opened and Xiumin walked in. 


„Hey. I´ve seen the light on so I came to check on you. Why aren´t you sleeping? We have an early schedule tomorrow. You should get some rest.“

Luhan couldn´t meet his eyes. He really liked Xiumin. The two of them were pretty close in Korea as well but since they came to China, their friendship got a lot stronger. Luhan enjoyed spending his free time with the „bun“. Playing soccer or eating together... it didn´t matter. Xiumin could always make him smile and so just for a moment he could forget about Sehun. 


Xiumin knew what was wrong with Luhan. He knew, how much he missed Sehun. That´s why he always made sure to be close to him so he could cheer him up. Luhan may not be aware of this himself but he had an amazing ability to draw people in. One look at him and people would want to take care of him. So even if he was shy and a little bit reserved, he could make friends quite easily, because it would be always the others seeking his presence, trying to befriend him. 

Xiumin was the same. Ever since he saw Luhan for the first time he wanted to protect him and shield him from everything, that could hurt him. But the more time he got to spend with him, he realized, that Luhan is actually quite the supporting type and so he found himself seeking the comfort from the other more often than he found himself providing it. 


The only time, he felt Luhan really needed him was when he started to miss Sehun. Like right now.

„You think about him again, don´t you?“

Luhan just looked away, his lower lip trembling. Xiumin left out a deep sigh and sat on the bed, next to Luhan.

„Why don´t you just call him? Or well, send him a message since it´s already so late?


Luhan looked up to him.


„Do you think, I can? Won´t I appear too clingy?“


Xiumin just smiled and luhan´s hair.


„I´m sure, he wants to hear from you just as much as you want to hear from him. He is probably just too busy right now but your message will make him happy. I´m certain of this.“


Luhan had slightly teary eyes, but  he still smiled when he started to write the text message. After he sended it, he felt happy. Sehun will surely reply to him as soon as he wakes up. Luhan laughed. He was such a dummy. He worried himself and agonized about the lack of communication with Sehun when he could be the one to take the first step. All it took was to write one message.


Xiumin smiled when he saw how relaxed Luhan became. 


„What are you laughing about?“ 
„Me.“


Luhan laughed again and soon Xiumin was laughing as well. 

They fall asleep together after that. Luhan loved to sleep with Xiumin because he could hug the other. Xiumin was like a big teddy bear and Luhan really liked to snuggle with him. 

When he woke up the next day, there were two new messages on his phone. Both from Sehun. Luhan could only smile.
 

the end