News

It Was Always You

Sunny and Chansung left to get a change of clothes for me and Wooyoung seeing as we were the ones whose clothes were stained because of our battle scars. I didn't like seeing Sunny leave. It wasn't that I didn't trust her with Chansung. I just didn't want to be without her.

"Yah," the door my hospital room opened just as the doctor was removing the needles from my arm. Wooyoung stepped inside with his left arm in a sling and a tightly wrapped bandage. "Junho-ah!" He smiled. The corner of his lip was a little scuffed.

"Wooyoung-ah," I returned the smile.

"Did you talk to Sunny?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Did you guys talk?"

"Not before she had to leave with Chansung."

Wooyoung walked to the windowsill. He sat down, rubbed the surface of his face with both hands, then sighed.

I sat upright. "What?"

He looked at me with eyes that basically screamed, "I need to tell you something." That something was probably about Sunny.

"Junho--"

Wooyoung was cut off by none other than Sunny and Chansung. They each carried one bag with mine and Wooyoung's clothes.

Chansung handed his bag to Wooyoung. Sunny walked over to me with that same charming smile and handed me the bag.

"How are you, Hyung?" Chansung asked. I always felt weird when he called me Hyung. We were only a few months apart yet the same age. It just makes me feel old.

"Alright. Better now." I sighed. I glanced over to Wooyoung who was still perched up on the windowsill. He looked very tired.

"Chansung-ah," Wooyoung suddenly jumped out of his seat. "Let's go get some steamed buns. I'm hungry." He chuckled.

"Hyung, why didn't you ask me to get some while Sunny and I were out?" Chansung asked. He had a point.

Wooyoung made a face. "Steamed buns! Let's go--" He pushed Chansung out the door and slammed it behind him.

Sunny's eyes were large, "Odd."

I laughed once, "Very."

She looked over to me once again, "So, Oppa, what do you want to do?"

I shrugged, "Um, Wooyoung said you had something to tell me."

"Oh, yes!" Sunny grabbed my hand. "Oppa, while you were in Taiwan--"

Chansung randomly opened he door. "Forgot my wallet." He bowed himself out the door.

"Neh?" I urged Sunny to continue.

"Well, I--"

"Mr. Lee," the doctor walked through. "We need you to signed right here, and you can leave." He handed me a form.

Really, the world can't bear to stop for just two seconds?

"Thank you." I bowed to him as he took his leave.

Sunny stood in front of me, biting her lip. "Oppa." She sighed. "Can we talk after you're finished with everything?"

One look at those eyes, and I was tied down. I quickly signed the papers, changed, and followed Sunny outside to a small cafe.

We grabbed a couple of coffees and sat down. Sunny stared at hers. I waited for her to speak.

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked her to break the silence.

"How long were you in away?" She said without warning. She still didn't make eye contact.

I thought. "A month."

"A month only?"

"I believe so." Where is she going with this? I found myself in the dark.

"Oppa.."

Sunny's tone of voice usually meant she did something she was ashamed of.

"Yes?"

"Do you remember when we were little.." She started. "My parents used to show me this picture. They said they wanted me to marry him."

Oh, yea. That one. Her parents always joked about some kid that was the son of her father's business partner, saying that she'd get married to the guy when she was old enough.

"What about it?" I asked.

"The boy in the picture, his name is Junghwa. I met him the week after you left."

"And?"

"He was very nice. Very handsome."

I nodded, still quite not understanding where she was getting with this.

"Oppa, my parents weren't lying. Junghwa and I are getting married."