Lesson #10

A Little Lesson

            

             “Thank you, please come back again.” The cashier bows as you give her a smile and pick up your groceries. The bags are heavy, so you decide to take a taxi home.

             As you sat in the car, you peer out the window. The sky emitted a deep sapphire blue as the moon starts to make its appearance. The nightlife of Seoul was only starting. Store and building lights fill your eye sight as you hear muffled excited talking through the glass. The taxi moves in a rather high speed, causing the lights to blur. The traffic light turns red, and the car comes to a rushed stop. You give a quick look to the driver, who seems like he did not want to be disturbed.

             Observing the streets again, you notice a figure. A figure that was familiar.

             Kai. What is he doing?

             “Is it possible to park at the street in the front for a while, I need to make a quick stop.” You say to the taxi driver politely who lets you get off after a dissatisfying grunt.

             You approach Kai, who has his back to you. A few girls were tugging his jacket sleeve while he puts his arms around them.

             “Kai…?” You ask quietly, hoping that the jerk that stood in front of you wasn’t him.

             The figure turns around. Kai stares at you for a while, his cheeks red and eyelids drooping down. You can feel your heart breaking at the moment from disappointment.

             “W-what are you doing here?” He slurs his words, trying to keep his eyes opened. You walk to him, furious at his current state.

             “Have you been drinking?” You ask quietly, walking towards him. You watch as Kai’s eyebrows scrunch up and frown at you.

             “Leave me alone, _______.” He mutters then mumbles something that you can’t quite decipher.

             “Come on Kai, let’s get you home.” You pull his arm. “Chanyeol wouldn’t be happy if he saw you like this.” You urge him to follow you back to the taxi.

             Kai pulls his hand away, “Hyung again! It’s always him!” Kai shrugs off the other girl’s hold on him and walks to you. “Is Park Chanyeol the only reason why you talk to me? Is it because I’m his brother that’s why you are here telling me to go home?” He shouts in your face, smelling his alcoholic breath.

             You back off a little, feeling uncomfortable in the lack of space. “What are you talking about, Kai? I’m your friend, I care about you too.” You look sternly into his eyes.

             “Don’t bull.” He curses, laughing emotionlessly. “Don’t act like you know me.” Kai turns his head away from you coldly.

             You run forwards, putting your hand on his shoulder. “Kai, wa-“

             Kai pushes you backwards, causing you to fall down. You can feel the hard cement floor tearing and scrapping against your skin. “Agh…” You breathe as you take a quick look at the damage on your arm. The friction of your arm against the cement causes the wound to scorch in heat and a faint trace of blood trickling down.

             You look up and see Kai’s eyes filled with remorse and guilt for his sudden actions. Then his eyes turn cold again and he continues to walk away.

             “Stay away from me.” He mutters before his figure disappears through the crowd.

             You sit there in the middle of the street, thinking what Kai just said to you. He was right. You assumed that he was okay in the past week. No, you didn’t even think much about him until his professor told you about his current state today. You want another chance, to prove to Kai that you do value him as a friend, as someone that you care about, not based on his relationship with Chanyeol.

             You slide the steak onto the plate and drizzles some of the black pepper sauce on top of it. It smells delicious, the savoury aroma of the beef was incorporating with the Portobello mushrooms in the sauce. The sound of a door opens and you see Chanyeol happily smiling at you. His face pulls into an even wider grin when he sees the food on the table.

             “Wow, so you are happier to see the food than me?” You jokingly accuse him.

             Chanyeol widens his eyes in decline and walks towards you, giving you a small peck on the cheek. “No, you’re my favourite.” He defends himself seriously. You give him a small smile and bring him to the table.

             “Come on, eat. I know you’re hungry.” You laugh, giving him a small massage on his shoulders, “How was class today?”

             “Same old, boring without you.” Chanyeol cuts a small piece of steak and brings the fork to the front of your mouth, waiting for you open up. You shake your head gently and smile. “You aren’t eating?” He asks.

             “No, I’m not feeling really well.” You reply with a more serious tone in your voice. Chanyeol stops eating and drops the utensils on the plate, turning around to face you. He pulls you in and you fall on his lap, feeling his heartbeat against your back.

             “What’s wrong…?” Chanyeol asks, with a worried expression on his face.

             “It’s nothing…” You pause, “It’s just that…” You pause again, “Have you heard from Kai these days?”

             Chanyeol sits still and doesn’t reply. You turn around at look into his eyes, which avert the gaze to you.

             “You saw him today, didn’t you?” He asks softly, the child in Chanyeol a couple of minutes ago disappeared, in front of you is now a worried man who cares for his younger brother. You nod slowly, studying his expression.

             “He’s…going through some things that are quite hard to handle. I think he just needs some time alone…” Chanyeol says comfortingly to your ear, his warm breath tickling your neck. “Whatever he said to you, don’t take it to your heart. He doesn’t mean it…”

             “I-I understand.” You squeeze Chanyeol’s hand around your waist. “I think I’m going to go to bed early.” You smile. “Eat, before it gets cold.” You his hair, touching his monkey ears and giggle.

             Chanyeol grins at your gentle touch, his eyes fixated on your plump rose lips. He leans in and closes the space, giving you a rather passionate good night kiss. You pull away, heart beat doubling in speed and bringing air back into your lungs.

             “G-good night!” You stutter embarrassingly and swiftly walk away. As much as you love the childish side of Chanyeol, whenever his serious and romantic side comes out, he never fails to sweep you off your feet.

             “Good night.” Chanyeol whispers softly as he watches your figure enter bedroom, the metal fork bending in his grip when he notices the scrape on your arms.

 

a/n: HUHU haven't updated for so long~

poor kaikai >< u guys can prob know what he is dealing with right? :P

it's kind of obvious T_T

please subscribe/comment ~