Fallen

Seven Little Kisses

I think my generation fears risk more than any of the generations before us. We're afraid to risk what we have for something better because the chance of losing everything and gaining nothing is just as great. It's normal to fear the thought of being unhappy and having not a penny to hold, but we should be willing to risk having nothing in order to see what really makes us happy.

Leeteuk broke down. He covered his face with his hands and let out a sigh that sounded as if it shook.

I pulled one of his hands away and held it in mine. "She'll understand, man. You need to tell her."

He stuttered, "I-I don't know how to."

"The best way would be when you two are alone." I gave him an easy smile.

"No, but--" he groaned. "We got into a fight yesterday. I told her to break up with her boyfriend."

"Uh..Why?"

"She'd been dating him for a while and I just found out recently. And, well, let's just say he's not the nicest of people.."

"Well, that makes sense then--"

"That's not it." Leeteuk paused. "I got mad at her. She was willing to break up with him."

I shook my head out of confusion. "Huh?! What happened?"

"It was the fact that she was dating him for so long and she never told me. That's what made me mad."


In that very statement, I thought of Kibum. I thought of the way he wrapped his arms around that blond in his bed. Most of all, I remember the feeling that sight gave me. It was almost like he's been lying to me all this time. I know how Leeteuk feels. That was the worst feeling in the world.

I looked down into my cup of coffee. Before I knew it, one of my tears had a little free-fall into the middle of the lukewarm liquid. I missed Kibum.

"Hey," Leeteuk titled my face up. "What's wrong?"

"I..." I tried to steady my voice.

I could see Leeteuk trying to figure out what was going on in my head. To be honest, I was trying to figure out was going on up there myself.

"I, well, um..." I shied my eyes away from him. The only person that I liked crying in front of was Kibum. Even my sisters wouldn't be sufficient.

I stood up out of my seat. The table shook. Before I could really respond to anything, I felt Leeteuk hugging me. I sighed into his coat.

What am I doing here?

I pulled away from his arms only to see Kibum in Leeteuk's place. He wore the same clothes and the same expression. I blinked and Leeteuk was before me again. No Kibum.

Hell, I've seen movies like this. What? Am I going to see Kibum everywhere I look now?

"I'm sorry. I think I need to go." I turned around to head for the door.

"Yuri?"

I think I spoke too soon.

Kibum stood in line with Kangin who had the same surprised expression on his face.

"Yuri-ah, what are you doing here?" Kibum ran towards me. "Where the hell have you been? We've been worried sick!"

"I've been here." I said bluntly.

I felt angry, but at the same time I just wanted to hug Kibum and never let him go as if he was some kind of beautiful dream that could slip away at any second.

"Yea, well, I can see that." He laughed. It wasn't a humorous laugh, more like out of sarcasm,. "Why'd you just run off like that?" Taeyeon is getting ready to tear her hair out!"

"Then tell her to buy a wig for all I care!" I nearly yelled.

Leeteuk cleared his throat behind us. "I take it that this is the Kibum you have spoken so graciously about?" He smirked.

I gritted my teeth. This was just frustrating. What am I even still doing here?

Without any further thought, I pushed past Kibum and out of the coffee shop.

Another thing you should know about me is that when I'm frustrated beyond frustrated, I tend to ramble off my vocal chords to death in a different language. It had to be a language that none of my sisters knew, and trust me, they know everything. So, I got stuck with ranting in Italian. Amazing that they managed to learned everything else except that.. It was a healthy way to vent without hurting anybody's feelings. Just try to keep up for the time being while I have my moment...

I would imagine that this would be an interesting sight to see, a girl by herself pacing back and forth in the middle of the sidewalk while she talks to herself in Italian. Yea, I think I could see this on Korea's Funniest Home Videos.

"Che faccio qui?" I yelled "Fermarlo! Fermata! Lei lascia Kibum prende a lei! Non mostrare lei è vulnerabile anche se lei è realmente!" What am I doing? Stop it! Stop! You're letting Kibum get to you! Don't show you're vulnerable even if you really are!


Vulnerable. I will forever hate that about me. I always had to think everything through and I could never come to a decision. When I'm indecisive, I'm swayed easily.

Seeing Kibum standing there... It's like my world just froze. I felt my heart sink into my stomach and start to beat faster all at the same time.

Kibum suddenly stepped out of the building. "Yuri."

"Che?!" I basically screamed. I only realized until after Kibum looked confused that I was still speaking in a foreign tongue. "What?" I said more calmly.

"We need to talk." He said sternly.

"We're talking right now." I lowered my eyes to the pebbles on the cement.

Kibum grabbed my hand, "Come on."

"Where are we going?"

"Does it really matter?"


"Why'd you take off like that?" Kibum spoke softly.

I shrugged. "I needed to get away from everything. I was just sick of the air."

Kibum squeezed my hand in the slightest. "You needed to get away from me, too?"

I stopped in my tracks. "Oppa, you know that's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean, Yuri? I lo..." Kibum trailed off. He looked back at me then took his hand back. "I'm your best friend."

I scoffed. "That excuse didn't stop you from lying to me about EunJi."

"I didn't lie to you! I told you that I was just afraid--"

"No." I spoke abruptly. "You and I made a promise that we would tell anything to each other regardless of what the other would say. I could care less if that girl was horrible. I'd tell myself that it's your life and just to be there when or if she broke your heart. I'm mad at the fact that you just didn't talk to me."

"And what was I going to say?" Kibum asked. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you cried because I had a date. I don't know about you, Yuri, but that seems like a pretty ty thing to say."

I shook my head, "I'd rather hear the ty truth than be kept in the dark. And you're seriously wondering why I ran away--"

"No, I'm wondering why you didn't run to me. I'm always here for you, don't you know that by now?"

I let out a frustrated scream. "I know, Oppa! But who the hell am I supposed to run to when you're not there? Tell me that. I've made it on my own. This is my way of falling off the face of the earth and catching myself without having to be dependent on you or Taeyeon or anybody."

Kibum and I exchanged glances.

"Don't you get it, Kibum? I'm running away from my mistakes just like I always do. I'm just not running to you."

It was the simple truth. I was afraid to run to Kibum nowadays. I constantly felt like I was keeping him from doing anything. I felt like a burden that he'd end up hating.

"God, I am stupid!" I hissed at myself.

"Will you stop being so pessimistic? You never give yourself enough credit!"

"Meaning?"

"You're not stupid, you're the smartest girl I know. And I'm pretty sure that you're the most beautiful girl I know--"

"What?" I stopped him. My eyes bugged out.

"S'cuse me," Some random joggers pushed Kibum into me. How rude.

Right.... Awkward position.

I looked up. Kibum stared at me with his chocolate brown eyes. They melted before me. Kibum leaned in closer. His lips skimmed against mine.

"Kibum!" Kangin called from across the street.

I wasn't really sure what to feel at the moment. One can only feel so many emotions in this particular situation.

Kibum sighed and turned to his brother who was running up to us.

"Go tend to your Hyung." I whispered.


Kibum'S POV



"What is it?" I said to Kangin. I was frustrated to say the least.

"What are you doing here?" Kangin looked around me.

"Talking to--" I turned around only to find myself alone in the middle of the park. "Yuri."

"I think she vanished on you again."

"She does that quite often." I shook my head.

"So you weren't lying when you said you loved her?" He said.

"Why would I lie about that?" I scuffed my Vans on the concrete. "She's perfect."

Kangin changed the subject. "I'm walk back across the street. You want your usual?" He made his was back to the coffee shop.

"Yea," I nodded to myself. I faced the park beside the pavement that my feet stood on. "Yuri, where are you?"


Yuri'S POV


I sat behind the biggest tree I could find and curled up into a ball.

There was a reason why I haven't tried to find anybody all these years. It only took me until now to realize it.

I leaned over to the side. Kibum stood the front of the park with Kangin no longer by his side.

I turned away and rested my head back on the cold tree bark. "Oppa..." I gripped onto the leaves beneath my fingertips. "I think that possibly..."

Could it be?

"Maybe..."

It could happen.

"I've fallen for you."