the last practise

When You Least Expect It

 

The rest of the weekend before the audition you spend repeating the song over and over. You know that you have to know it by heart, and so the only thing you can actually focus on passionately are the music sheets Kwon-sungsaenim had trust you with. You didn’t even have to beg him for a long time, but when he found out that you were that special friend of Baekhyun’s who just wanted to help him succeed, he instantly agreed – and the relief you felt that moment is enough motivation to keep you practicing for days.

 The instrumental isn’t too hard to play anyway since it’s not really a complex piece but rather just something to accompany someone’s singing. And every time your fingers glide over the keyboard, hitting every note as devotedly as they can, you can already imagine the way your playing would make Baekhyun’s voice stand out the way it should. The clear and simple yet harmonic instrumental would only add to the effect of his vocals and you are sure that the judges aren’t going to be anything but stunned at what this boy can make them feel with his voice alone. If they are going to feel about it the way you do, that is.

You blink to yourself as you let the last notes ring a moment longer and then you scan the sheets again. You already know the song by heart so you don’t actually need to look at them, but doing so gives you a feeling of security. A feeling of ‘what I am doing is right’ even when you doubt it sometimes. Baekhyun has been your friend for an incredibly long time and you know that both of you are all set to risk something for one another – but still you feel like he’s not going to like what you’re about to do. He has his reasons for not telling you about the audition issue, and you’re not one to be disrespectful towards people’s principles. You bite your lower lip and let your hands slide off the keyboard.

This is where Baekhyun has brought you. You’re stuck somewhere between different thoughts, and everytime you think you’ve finally made up your mind about what to do, another thought slips in and you feel like tearing your hair in exasperation again. You stare at the keyboard and breathe out heavily. The audition is tomorrow, you need to decide as soon as possible. And actually, you know you have made your decision the moment you let Kwon-sungsaenim hand you the sheets. And another one when you looked up the train connections for the building of the your friend is going to auditon for.

But above all that, the most important decision you made was to help the boy you fell in love with so long ago even though he doesn’t want you to. For you, it’s a question of seeing through eachother. He may not want to disappoint you by failing, but you don’t even care. You’re pretty sure he’ll succeed, making it through the audition in no time - and if so, he’s going to be happy. After all, your wish to see Baekhyun happy is stronger than the fear of him being angry at you afterwards. A lot stronger. 

____

Lame one, I know :'D
The next ones are going to be the of the story! Please look forward to it ~