~ Lying for You ~ Luhan & Sehun

EXO - Collection Of Oneshots

”Sehun… are you okay?” Luhan worriedly asked the younger, who was sitting all curled up on his bed.
 

Stifled sobs could be heard from beneath the younger’s hands that were hiding his tear-streaked face. Sehun only nodded his head in an attempt to make the older go away, but the worry for the younger made Luhan wanting to stay and somehow cheer the other up from whatever had happened. Sehun didn’t want to tell Luhan anything about it though; he only wanted to be left alone for once. But knowing how Luhan was, he knew that he wouldn’t get rid of him that easily.
 

“You know you can tell me anything…” Luhan continued slowly, reaching a hand out to put on the younger’s left shoulder.
 

Annoyed, Sehun swiftly slapped the unwelcomed hand away and got up from his position on the simple bed. He marched out of the door while furiously trying to dry the never ending flow of tears, not saying a single word to the now confused Luhan. He didn’t want to be close to the Chinese member at the moment. Especially since Luhan was partly the reason for Sehun’s current state, whether he knew it or not.
 

“What just… happened?” Luhan whispered in disbelief while slumping down on the bed.
 

The strange behavior of the younger had made Luhan raise his eyebrows and widen his eyes in confusion. He couldn’t even manage to think of an explanation of the strangeness of Sehun this entire day. One second, the younger had been all happy and skipping around like a nine year old girl having a sugar rush and in the next he had been angrier than a bull seeing red, just to end up in a heartbreaking mess of overflowing tears and a runny nose.
 

This whole thing was just weird and incomprehensible for Luhan, who suddenly felt his chest hurt thinking about the sad expression on Sehun’s face. Whatever it was that had hurt Sehun had made Luhan also feel the pain. They were best friends after all and Luhan would have done anything for the younger, even if he had to sacrifice his own life for the happiness of the other.
 

The feelings he had for the younger were more than just those of a friend, they were probably more than those of a couple too. Feelings so strong he could swear that somewhere was a cupid shooting arrows at him nonstop, making him feel like Sehun was his everything and that he wouldn’t ever be able to live without the said guy. He would, if he could, just walk up to Sehun and confess his love in the most straightforward way as possible.
 

Maybe that’s a good plan? No, probably not… He thought to himself, shaking his head as a definite no, while still being in deep thought about whatever had happened just a moment ago.
 

He had realized his feelings about the same time as he got to know that Sehun and Jongin had started dating. His heart had almost felt like it had broken in millions of pieces at the sudden news and he had been crying his eyes out for several days afterwards. Just like that, had his first love been taken away from him, like a tornado deciding to destroy the first best thing coming in its way. Well, the only thing that got destroyed was his heart. It had been like his whole life falling apart, not piece by piece, but it had exploded in such a disastrous way possible and had left Luhan to dust.
 

“Wait!” Luhan suddenly said out loudly as he stood up, his eyes widened even more but in fear. “Did Jongin do something?!”

 

The tears didn’t want to stop; no matter how much Sehun tried to wipe them away, it didn’t stop flooding out from his reddened eyes. He hadn’t been crying this much since he was a kid, just that this time it was for something more complicated and serious than dropping his favorite teddy bear into a puddle of mud on a rainy day. Well, it had been his favorite though…
 

He stopped a couple of hundred meters away from the dorm, realizing that it was really cold and windy today. He regretted running outside in just a white T-shirt and a pair of shorts. He had even left his wallet and his phone on the desk inside his room in the dorm, so he didn’t have any money with him and had planned on going to his favorite café around the corner. He had hoped that he would feel better after a piece of delicious chocolate cake and some bubble tea. Sehun didn’t want to turn around to get his things at the dorm or return there at all right now.  So he decided to just go to his next favorite place; the park nearby. At least it wasn’t raining. Yet.
 

He sat down on the bench furthest away from the entrance to the library, curling up into a ball once again and let his tears flow freely. This day had begun so great and then it just had to become his worst nightmare. Really…
 

Sehun couldn’t refrain from sobbing loudly, not afraid to do so since the park was empty. He didn’t want to feel this pain ever again, but somehow it just had to happen. This was the second time he had gotten his heart broken, even though he was still quite young he had already been through a lot. Probably a lot more than other people his age. And this was just something more to add to the list-of-things-he-didn’t-want-to-remember-but-had-to-do-so-anyway-because-the-gods-have-decided-it…

 

“What did you do to Sehun?” Luhan asked Jongin coldly, his voice was clear and a hint of worry was heard.
 

He had decided to confront Jongin head-on and had found the younger in the hall in EXO-K’s dorm. It was now or never…
 

“What do you mean?” Jongin answered and tilted his head to the side, confused by the sudden confrontation from the older.
 

Luhan stared at him for a moment, trying to see any evidence of lying or anything that showed if Jongin may know of what had happened to Sehun, if he was part of it at all that is. But no matter how much he looked at Jongin, he couldn’t read his mind or expression at all. He sighed deeply and shook his head. Maybe it wasn’t Jongin’s fault anyway; maybe it was something else that was the reason of Sehun’s crying.
 

“What?” Jongin suddenly asked, making Luhan look at him once again.
 

“Nothing.” He simply answered the younger and was just about to leave when Jongin grabbed a hold of his right arm. He turned around to face him with a quizzical look on his face, waiting for whatever Jongin wanted to say to him.
 

“Ehm…” Jongin started while scratching his neck nervously. “Are you free tonight? I thought that maybe we could watch a movie together or something.”
 

Luhan blinked a few times at Jongin, not sure why the younger would ask him out like this, especially since he knew that Jongin already had a boyfriend. And not just any boyfriend, it was Oh Sehun. The guy that Luhan would do anything to make happy. The look in Jongin’s eyes told Luhan that the younger had something in mind. His eyes were shining with expectation and hope. Almost to the degree of looking desperate for a positive answer. And it didn’t make it any better when Jongin bit his bottom lip in anticipation.
 

“Why…?” Luhan asked, not able to hide his confusion.
 

“Eh?” Jongin let out nervously, he fiddled with his fingers as he bit his lip once again. “I thought it would be nice… to… hang out…” He continued and then took a deep breath. “We haven’t been hanging out much lately…”
 

“Oh…” The older of the two let out, nodding his head understandingly. “Well, that’s because you’re dating Sehun though…” Luhan continued with a forced smile.
 

Just saying it out made a sharp pain shoot through his chest, like a knife piercing it cruelly. A pain so strong it could have made him faint right there and now. Luhan had become quite good at hiding his true feelings by now, so it wasn’t really surprising that Jongin didn’t notice how much he hurt inside by the fact of Jongin and Sehun dating. But the strange expression on Jongin’s face made Luhan even more confused. Was it… guilt?
 

The younger decided to flash a bright smile towards Luhan before pretending like someone had waved him over to the kitchen and then he bowed apologetically before leaving. Why is everyone acting so weird today?
 

Wasn’t it enough with Sehun’s strange behavior? Did really nothing happen between the two? Why would Jongin act like he’s guilty? I better find Sehun right this moment!

 

After running outside for about an hour searching fervently for Sehun, Luhan felt almost like giving up. It was really cold and the wind made it hard to run, but he tried his best to search anyway. He definitely didn’t want the younger to suffer alone, whatever it was that had made him like this. Luhan wanted to know the truth. He wouldn’t accept another no from the younger and wouldn’t let Sehun go before revealing the reason for his strange behavior all day. The pain in Luhan’s chest only grew by the minute; all hope of finding the younger had almost left him.
 

He had to catch his breath before continuing, his legs felt like they would give up any second now so he definitely needed to sit down for a minute. So Luhan almost dragged himself towards the nearest bench, the usually bright and beautiful park was empty and dark. The flowers looked as sad as the younger had been earlier this morning and the emptiness of the park felt like the loneliness of Luhan’s heart. Looking around the quite large park, Luhan realized that no one would probably go here when it was bad weather like today. Or so he thought.
 

His eyes fell upon something curled up on a bench on the other side of the park. A lonely person who looked awfully familiar to Luhan. When Luhan finally recognized who it was, he quickly got up on his feet and started running towards the person. His heart sped up and the pain was slowly making itself known again. He had finally found him!
 

He stopped abruptly in front of Sehun, breathing heavily as he stared at the person before him. There he was, the one and only who could make his heart feel like it was beating crazily just by the sight of him. Now he could find out about everything at last!
 

“Go away!” Were Sehun’s first words when seeing Luhan stand in front of him.
 

He didn’t want to deal with anything right now and just wanted to be left alone. But Luhan wouldn’t let him get away again, which Sehun already knew. He couldn’t do anything to stop this from happening. It had to happen eventually anyway. Luhan couldn’t get out a word though; he was too tired at the moment to actually make any sound. Sehun had stopped crying just a few minutes before Luhan had arrived, but his eyes were still red from all the tears. With a sigh, Sehun reluctantly gave up his thoughts of actually keep from telling the older anything about the incident earlier that day.
 

“What did I do to deserve this?” Sehun started, his eyes begun to tear up again but he quickly wiped the tears away. “I can’t even keep a boyfriend…” He soon continued with a slightly shaky voice.
 

Luhan could only stare at the guy in front of him with wide eyes. Had they broken up?
 

“I really thought I meant something to him. That I was important to him… But I guess there are other people that are more important to him than I will ever be…” His voice trembled as he continued with his confession, but he didn’t stop there. “The worst is that he has fallen for someone else…” He trailed off as more tears threatened to fall and the pain in his chest was almost unbearable.
 

After listening to the confession from the younger, Luhan felt his own chest constrict painfully. It was like a large rock hitting him straight on without any mercy. How could Jongin break up with Sehun just like that? How couldn’t he see how perfect Sehun was? This didn’t make sense to Luhan at all. How could anyone change his or her feelings so easily? They hadn’t even been dating for that long either, only a couple of months.
 

“He told me that he had never loved me… He only went out with me out of pity…” The tone of Sehun’s trembling voice was just above a whisper.
 

Luhan immediately felt like bursting into tears himself, but that wouldn’t help Sehun at all and he knew that. He had to stay strong for Sehun’s sake. Even if he wanted to just walk up to Jongin and punch him right in the face for breaking Sehun’s heart like that. If there only was something he could do for the younger, but he didn’t even know what to say to him to make him feel better. It was like he had been disabled to do any sort of consolation and just stood there helplessly with no ideas of what to do or say. His major crush was crying his heart out right in front of him and Luhan couldn’t do anything about it. Whoever it was that had made Jongin change his heart, wouldn’t dare do anything after Luhan had talked to him or her-
 

“He loves you…” Were the words coming out of the younger’s mouth in a low whisper and that made Luhan almost choke in disbelief.

 

What?! Jongin loves… me? All kinds of thoughts went around in Luhan’s head, making him crazy. Why would Jongin like him? Or even love him? Nothing made sense anymore. Had he ever done anything to lead Jongin on or said anything to make him have these feelings for Luhan? He couldn’t even think about anything in particular that could have been the reason for the feelings of the younger. His whole life had been thrown upside down and he didn’t know how to reverse it.
 

His crush was sitting in front of him crying, crying because his boyfriend had broken up with him just because the boyfriend has feelings for another guy. Not just any guy. It was Luhan himself. This was just the worst thing that could ever happen. Not only for him, but for Sehun too.
 

 “I’m sorry…” Luhan managed to whisper, tears threatening to pour out of his eyes as he sat down next to Sehun and hugged him tightly.
 

“Why are you apologizing? It’s not like you made this happen.” Sehun let out a bit annoyed that Luhan had actually said he’s sorry for something that wasn’t his fault. “I guess we weren’t supposed to be together anyway, I knew that he didn’t like me…”
 

The sadness in Sehun’s words made Luhan’s chest hurt even more. He didn’t want to be part of the reason of the younger’s sadness and pain. He desperately needed a way to make everything better for Sehun, no matter the price.
 

“What can I do to make you feel better then?” Luhan questioned the younger, his voice a bit muffled from nuzzling his head into the younger’s shirt.
 

“Do you like him?” Sehun suddenly asked, making the older confused.
 

“Who?” Luhan let out, still hugging Sehun tightly.
 

“Jongin! Who else?” He answered while raising his voice a bit.
 

“Of course I don’t! I love y-“He abruptly stopped his sentence, shocked by almost confessing his own feelings like that. “I mean, I don’t like him like that. Definitely not. I just like him as a friend, nothing more.” He said instead, taking a deep breath to calm down and hoping that Sehun didn’t notice that first thing he almost said.
 

“Really? Then… would you do something for me?” Sehun dried the last tears away with his hand and had finally stopped sobbing. His voice sounded strangely determined when saying that last question.
 

“Of course! I would do anything for you!” Luhan answered, feeling a bit happier to actually be able to help the younger.
 

“Go out with me.” Sehun simply said and in a surprisingly firm tone, making Luhan pull away in disbelief from the younger.
 

“W-what?” The shock of hearing those words actually come out from the younger, made Luhan lose his ability to think properly. Did he really hear right?
 

“You heard me. I told you to go out with me. You said that you would do anything for me. Or did you only fake it? Like Jongin?” His words came out harshly, almost too blunt to come out of Sehun’s mouth.
 

“No, of course I meant it!” Luhan hurriedly let out, afraid to lose the younger’s trust.
 

“Good. Then we’re officially dating from now on.” Sehun announced and softly kissed Luhan’s cheek, making the latter blush madly.
 

Something absolutely unexpected had just happened. Something so unreal it was making Luhan think that he actually had dreamt it all. When Sehun stood up and started walking away from him, Luhan pinched his arm to see if he indeed was dreaming. But the pinch had hurt so badly that this was in no way just a fantasy. This was real. He didn’t know how to react by this sudden change of events. He didn’t know what to think either though; all he knew was that the one he had been secretly in love with for quite some time now had asked him out. Sehun had actually asked him out!
 

But he couldn’t really enjoy it as much as he wanted. The mixed feelings of happiness and being used of were making him feel somewhat dizzy. He didn’t want to feel like he was just a tool to make Jongin jealous, but at the same time he felt extremely happy to actually be able to act like Sehun’s boyfriend. This was in no way how he had imagined it to happen though; dating Sehun shouldn’t feel like a burden. Not that Sehun was a burden though, not at all! Luhan only wanted them to have mutual feelings for each other, not just one-sided like this…
 

“Are you coming?” Sehun called out, snapping Luhan out of his thoughts.
 

Luhan looked up at the younger guy, he smiled slightly towards Sehun before standing up and catching up with him. Sehun linked his arm with Luhan’s, making the latter blush again. Luhan felt like a little child in comparison with Sehun. Even though Sehun was younger than him, he could swear that Sehun acted more mature than he would ever do.

 

When arriving in the dorm, Sehun dragged Luhan with him towards the living room. Jongin sat in the sofa all alone, watching some music program on the TV. He averted his eyes from the TV, glancing up at the two guys who were linking arms. He dropped the remote because of the shock when he noticed who the two guys were. There stood his ex-boyfriend, holding onto his crush for dear life. Maybe it was just some prank? They were best friends after all…
 

“I’m dating Luhan now. No matter what you say will ever change this fact.” Sehun said with a smirk on his lips, making both Jongin and Luhan stare at him in disbelief.
 

“What?!” Jongin almost yelled out furiously. “You already know that I love him! How dare you take him away from me?!” He continued angrily while standing up.
 

Automatically Luhan shielded Sehun from the angry Jongin. No way would he let those two fight. He wanted to say something really mature and serious enough to make the two stop their useless arguing. As far as Luhan knew, Jongin would never be able to date him and even though Sehun obviously still liked Jongin he wouldn’t be able to date him, and then about Luhan and Sehun dating… That was obviously also far-fetched…
 

“I’m sorry but I don’t love you…” Luhan confessed to Jongin, making the latter stare at him like he had heard it wrong. “I already have someone I love. Even if I know my feelings won’t be returned, I won’t date anyone else.” Luhan continued while trying his hardest not to let his sadness over this humble fact be heard through his voice.
 

“Who?” Jongin suddenly asked, which made Luhan widen his eyes surprised by the question.
 

He knew the question would come sooner or later, but had hoped that it would have been later instead. The nervousness took over him as he tried to think of a suitable answer, without having to reveal who he had these feelings for. He couldn’t just say that he loved his best friend, could he? But this whole incident was so complicated right now, especially since he’s supposed to act like Sehun’s boyfriend. So he couldn’t just lie and say that he liked another member or someone else, since that would put Sehun in an awkward position. But he couldn’t act like he was lying and say that it was Sehun that he loved, because that lie would actually be the truth and if he tried to tell Sehun that he indeed loved him then he probably wouldn’t believe it. Before his better judgment kicked in, it was too late though.
 

“I love… Sehun…” Luhan shyly let out, making himself surprised and at the same time a bit scared.

 

He didn’t intend to just let the truth get out so easily, and never did he intend to let Sehun know it like this. So he became a bit sad and regretful when seeing Sehun’s shocked expression. He didn’t care about what Jongin thought about it, he just wanted to be accepted by Sehun. That’s why it hurt even more in his chest when Sehun suddenly let go of his arm and slowly turned away from him. This action from the younger made Luhan break down completely from within, it was like a bomb exploding inside him making his heart tear apart in millions of pieces. Maybe the younger was so shocked and maybe even horrified by it, that this would destroy their friendship forever?
 

“You’re lying, aren’t you? This whole ‘dating’ thing between the two of you must be fake!” Jongin coldly stated before continuing on. “There’s definitely no way you two could be dating right this moment, since me and Sehun broke up just hours ago!”
 

His words did make sense. Why would anyone start dating another so soon after a break-up? The only reason would be to take revenge on the ex, wouldn’t it? So of course Jongin would think of this whole thing being strange. Luhan didn’t blame him. He only blamed him for making Sehun heartbroken. But that was a reason good enough to blame anyone.
 

“No. It’s really true! I do lo-“
 

“I love him back!” Sehun suddenly interrupted in the middle of Luhan’s sentence, making both Luhan and Jongin stare at Sehun with raised eyebrows.
 

“What?” The both of them asked in unison, shocked by Sehun’s sudden outburst.
 

There was no way he could really mean that, could he? Luhan thought sadly to himself. This was just Sehun’s way of taking revenge towards Jongin, there was no way his words would be true. Luhan knew already that it was impossible for the younger to actually love him back. Even though he would have been more than just happy to hear those words come out of Sehun’s mouth, he knew the feelings Sehun had for him was just as friends. Best friends, that was what they were. Nothing else…
 

“I love him! I love Luhan! Don’t you dare say that it’s fake, because it’s not!” The youngest continued heatedly and finally turned around to face the two dumbfounded guys.
 

Sehun’s eyes were full of tears once again, as if all that crying this morning hadn’t been enough to empty the younger from all his tears already. Luhan didn’t know if it was tears of sadness or joy, since Sehun was smiling as he looked at Luhan. But that didn’t stop the pain in Luhan’s chest to become even more excruciating. If this was only a lie, a cruel lie, then he didn’t want to be part of it. Even though he said that he would do anything for the younger, Luhan knew that he would get hurt severely if this continued. He didn’t want to be just a replacement…

 

“Will you believe me if I do this?” Sehun said after a moment of thinking and took fast steps towards Luhan with a determined gaze.
 

It only took a few seconds and Luhan was as good as gone, blankly staring into nothing. Sehun had grabbed a hold of Luhan’s face and put a rough kiss on his lips before letting go. Sehun had then flashed a smile towards Jongin, a confident smile that had made Jongin nearly faint.
 

Luhan slowly put one of his hands towards his face, touching his lips lightly for traces for the kiss from the younger. It had been so soft even though the younger had been quite rough. Luhan couldn’t even believe what had just happened; neither could he believe that Sehun had been able to be so forceful either. The kiss had made him weak for some reason, he could swear that he would faint any minute or second now. It had taken him by surprise to the point that he didn’t know if he was dreaming or that it had really happened. He started to blame his inability to separate dreams from reality, especially since he’s been asking himself about it too much already today.
 

As on cue, Luhan automatically grabbed a hold of Sehun’s arm and pulled the younger into his embrace. It was like his body moved by itself. He circled his arms around the younger’s slim waist and pulled him even closer before connecting their lips for a second time. He didn’t care any longer about holding back. He didn’t want to keep himself from the younger anymore. He didn’t even care if what Sehun had said was only a lie; he wanted to give in to his feelings for once.
 

The kiss was gentle at first, but soon became rougher as the older wanted to feel more of the younger’s soft lips. He didn’t want to let go, even though he needed to catch his breath. But he reluctantly let go anyway. He didn’t want to kill the younger by kissing him, even though Luhan would have preferred dying that way himself. He noticed that Jongin wasn’t in the room any longer and stared surprised in the direction of where Jongin had stood just minutes ago. Where did he go?
 

“I think he gave up…” Sehun whispered out of the blue, making Luhan stare at him instead. “But I hope you won’t…”
 

“What? What do you mean by that?” Luhan asked confusedly, the strange thing that Sehun had said didn’t make any sense at all to him.
 

“Since when did you have feelings for me? And why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Sehun continued a bit louder this time. “I thought you… liked Jongin….” He finished quietly, looking straight into Luhan’s eyes.
 

“What?” Luhan started but didn’t know how to continue. He stayed quiet for a while before going on. “I don’t really know… since when… All I know is that I really love you…”
 

“You should have told me that sooner!” Sehun suddenly burst out, shocking Luhan completely. “I have always thought that you liked Jongin, and I knew he liked you too. So I tried to keep you two from dating! And now you tell me that I just wasted my time and effort?!”
 

“Wha-“
 

“How dare you do that to me?! I thought you only saw me as your friend, not like a potential love partner! If you only had told me about your feelings I wouldn’t have to do everything in my power to keep you two apart!” Sehun furiously interrupted.
 

“But! Didn’t you love Jongin? Wasn’t it because of him you cried?” Luhan slowly asked, feeling even more confused by Sehun’s words.
 

“No, I cried because he broke up with me so he could ask you out instead and that would mean that I would lose you completely!” Sehun answered with anger in his voice. “Well, would have meant it at least…” He carefully added, his anger slowly subsiding.
 

“Wait! Why are you asking me why I didn’t tell you? Why didn’t you just tell me?!” Luhan let out in disbelief after hearing about Sehun’s little story. “You could have told me! Here I’ve been trying my hardest to make my feelings for you to disappear and thinking that you would be happy together with Jongin! The pain I’ve been feeling every time I’ve seen you two together have been almost unbearable, it hurt so much! I can’t even describe the pain I’ve been feeling for so long already; it has almost become a part of me!“ Luhan cried out in frustration.
 

“You’re not the only one feeling the pain of not being able to confess your feelings! I’ve been hurting too! The reason for not telling you about my feelings was that I was afraid it would destroy our friendship!” Sehun finally let out, breathing heavily from all the yelling.

 

They just stood there, huffing and puffing from all the yelling. No one of them wanted to admit defeat, obviously not wanting to lose in this battle. When they finally had realized their feelings for each other, they just stood there quietly staring at one another. This absurd incident was making Luhan almost go crazy. Because there he had loved Sehun from afar, only to later get to know that the latter had feelings for him too.
 

Luhan suddenly started chuckle from thinking about this odd event, it had been just too strange for him. Sehun stared weirdly at the older, but soon burst out laughing too.
 

They both had been so stupid for not realizing it earlier. They stood there, laughing like there was no tomorrow, for something utterly stupid. They couldn’t stop laughing even when Luhan pulled Sehun into a hug. The laughter soon subsided though, leaving the two almost completely quiet while hugging each other tightly.
 

“Stupid…” Luhan simply whispered in Sehun’s ear while grinning widely.
 

“No, you’re stupid…” Sehun whispered back with a content smile spreading on his face.

 


Author's note:

I want to dedicate this chapter for all you HunHan shippers out there ^^

It's a really long update, this chapter is 5000+ words!!! O_O Shocking myself xD

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, hopefully there will be a bit more fluffiness in the coming chapters though -.-

Angela90s