Another Shot

My Coffee Prince

Onew and I were eating at some new restaurant that opened up down the street from the convenience store that we normally eat at. The place wasn’t particularly crowded and the ambiance was really nice. It was a classy place with dimmed lights and pretty jazz music playing in the background. It was a coffee shop so it smelled like espresso and vanilla cake. Onew and I were really awed by the place when we first walked in. The waitress was pretty and extremely nice. She smiled a lot. So much that it kind of seemed fake, but you didn’t care as long as you were with Onew, he always made things better.

“Okay, so I bet I know what you’re going to order,” I told Onew.

“Oh, yeah?” he answered back, “Well I bet I know what you are going to order too,” He said smirking. I nodde my head knowingly.

“Okay, since this sounds like a challenge, when the waitress gets back I’ll order for you and you order for me and when they come back we’ll see if we know each other like we say we do,” I suggested. Onew, who never likes to back down from a challenge, accepted graciously. He reached over to his messenger bag and took out a sheet of paper. He ripped it in half and handed me a piece.

“To make things fair, you should write down your order, I mean MY order, on that piece of paper; and I will do the same. When the waitress does get back we’ll hand them to her and tell her to keep them a secret until they come back,” I nodded my head in agreement.

“Ahh, so smart,” I said and took the pen he held out for me. For the next minute while waiting on our waitress we stared at each other with our papers tucked defensively under our palms. When the waitress came back we both handed her the papers and explained what was happening. She smiled—of course—and happily fulfilled our wishes. As we waited for our drinks we started to talk, like we always do. After about three minutes, the door chimes announcing that there are guests. Since my back was turned toward the door I just kept listening to Onew talk about his goals after high school, but he suddenly stopped. This made me worry because all he could do was stare at the door. When I turned around I saw a group of very attractive guys come in.

The tallest one caught my eye first. He had a very handsome bone structure and dark hair to match his dark and mysterious eyes. The next one I noticed was kind of girly looking, or should I say feminine looking, and definitely someone who could snatch an older woman’s heart. Another guy was flamboyantly talking and gesturing with his hands. He seemed like the queen bee type, definitely someone not to mess with. Lastly the shortest of the group but absolutely not any less in the looks department, because although he wasn’t as tall as the rest of them he was definitely good looking and could melt any girl with one glance. I looked back to Onew who was fidgeting with the pen that was still in between us. Although his foot was shaking his glare was ice cold. I’d never seen him look so hostile before.

 “Onew, do you know those guys?” he nodded as they walked to their seats, which were directly beside us except a few rows down. We could obviously see each other but neither group spoke. Just as the waitress was placing menus in front of them the door chimed again. I swung around and saw a petite figure walk through the door. She had short light brown hair and wore light makeup. Her skirt was short but vintage and frilly. Her oversized sweatshirt hung delicately off her thin shoulders and she wore really stylish bangles on her right arm. She looked like she just stepped out of a magazine. I saw Onew shut his eyes close when he saw her. Like it was too painful to see her. She looked around cautiously and once she saw the group of handsome boys that just walked in she ran to them happily. Of course a girl like her would hang around gorgeous guys like them.

 “Onew, um, is everything okay? You got really quiet,” I said. He opened his eyes again and looked at me with a soft expression. He opened his mouth to speak but just yawned and slumped down in his seat. I looked over the other table and the pretty girl that just walked in leaned over to hear what the queen bee had to say and instantly glanced over in our direction. She looked kind of happy and sad at the same time, but nevertheless quickly bounced over to our table.

“Jinki, it’s been such a long time. How have you been?” she asked. Her voice was just as pretty as her face and clothes. Onew just looked at her and nodded.

 “Fine, how about you?” he asked coldly avoiding eye contact with her. She responded, but all I could hear was the blood pounding in my chest. She was so pretty, what was her relationship to Onew? And what about those guys? I had so many question running through my mind.

“Well, that’s great. Take care of yourself Jinki. I always think about and pray for your safety and happiness,” she lightly placed her hand on top of his and gently clutched it. She smiled at me, apologized for being rude, and walked away slowly. It was getting harder and harder for me to breathe. I looked back at Onew who was watching her leave our table. Every second he stared at her it tore me up a little inside. Where was that waitress with our drinks?!

“Surprising seeing you again,” said a voice from the other side of the table. It was that queen be guy from earlier. He was intimidating but he seemed like all bark and no bite.

“Look Key, I don’t want any trouble,” Onew said sternly.

“Well that’s fine,” he looked me up and down. I could feel his glares on my face. “I just wanted to know how you felt after seeing your ex-girlfriend again. Comparing the chick you have sitting across from you, my sister’s way prettier in the looks department, although her s are bigger. Is that why you’re at a place like this?” he laughed whole-heartedly. Satisfied that he insulted and degraded me in public. I covered my chest with my jacket and felt my eyes start to sting. Not because of the insult but because that girl was Onew’s Ex. The guy Onew called Key walked away still laughing and once he got back to his table the rest of them started laughing too. Except the girl who might’ve been in the bathroom. I looked desperately at Onew. I just wish he would tell me something, anything to explain the situation. I let out a sigh.

“It’s true, she’s my ex-girlfriend, and those guys? They are my old friends who I used to be in a band with. They kicked me out when they all found out I was secretly dating Key’s sister because she was our manager… and also engaged to another man,” he said all at once. I just blankly stared at him. I started grabbing my stuff and sliding out of the booth. When I reached on the table to grab my phone Onew grabbed my wrist.

"It was the worst mistake of my life. It tore up my friendships, it broke up her family, and runied my life. I want nothing more to do with her or them," then he looked me in the eye, "Plus why would I need any of them when I have you? I never thought I deserved another shot at loving someone, but now I have you," my eyes welled up with tears. I squeezed his hand and opened my mouth to speak but at that exact moment the waitress came back. Some great timing this one had. Onew looked at his cup warm espresso with vanilla. He smirked chuckling to himslef. It wasn't until he heard silent tears plonk into my cup. It was also white tea.

"You really did know," I said through tears, "You knew that I was lying about liking coffee,"

"Yep, so I guess I win. What's my prize?" he said slyly. I smirked and picked up the saucer my cup was sitting on and dropped it on the floor. Everyone in the coffee shop stared at me. When I was sure that I had everyones attention I stood up and dramatically leaned over and planted my lips on his.

"You win another shot at happiness," 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n:

Sorry if it was too long. I'll try to keep them short from now on. ^^ but please let me know what you think! Again this is my first story so pointers are always welcomed!