Why am I rude to him when he's my bias?

My First short Love Story

“Welcome to UNIQLO!” you announced, welcoming new customers. And the welcome statement is continued by your colleagues.

It’s a Friday night, therefore people keep coming. And you’re always ready to assist your customers.

“___, I need you to go to the men’s Fitting room because your colleague, Sasha has an emergency at home so she has already left and we’re short of workers there. There’s no one to do the measurements for alteration,” your manager, Reni instructed you.

"Okay sure. I’ll go there right away,” you followed her.

As soon as you reached, you saw clothes and pants everywhere. The clothing bin to place the unwanted clothes by the customers after trying them on were overloaded. This is a normal sight for your colleagues and you though.

“___, can you take this measuring tape and go to the 4th fitting room? The gentleman wants to alter his pants,” your colleague, Danny said. You took the measuring tape, nodded and walk towards the 4th fitting room as you’re told.

The moment you reached, the man opened his door and you both had your eyes transfixed on each other. “Holy Mother of kasjknvkdn. He is Infinite’s Myungsoo! What is he doing here? How come I didn’t see him entering the store when I was stationed at the entrance?? Oh yes. There’s another entrance at the male’s section. Gosh ___! Snap out of this and focus on your work!”

Myungsoo’s POV

“Damn. She’s so gorgeous. She’s an epitome of perfection. Her large pupils. They look natural. I doubt they’re contact lenses. Those eyes are making me go crazy. Oh . Did she say something???”

Back to Narrator’s POV

“Erm I’m ____ and I’ll be taking your measurement for your pants alteration,” you introduced yourself to Myungsoo. You’re glad you’re able to control your shaky voice and speak normally.

“Oh right, thank you very much,” Myungsoo replied you in a low whisper and you felt beads of sweat appearing on your forehead despite the strong air-conditioned room. You returned with a smile.

~~

It is already 1230 and you’re making your way to the MRT Station (it’s similar to Subway station) alone hoping to catch the last train. Some of your colleagues drive, others are meeting their friends to hit the club and so on. After tapping your card to enter, and going down the escalator, you saw a familiar figure. You gasp. “It can’t be. Why isn’t he home yet?”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Sensing someone’s presence, he turned. And he sees the girl that can make his heart beats faster and his palms turn sweaty without him wanting to. He gives her a smile without receiving one back. But he didn’t care because he was sincere and doesn’t need one back.

“You’re out till late at night like this. All alone?”

“Umm... yeah. Isn’t that obvious?” she replied sarcastically.

“Sorry. It’s just I feel like I should protect you.”

Narrator’s POV

“You’re weird. Thanks, but I don’t need your protection,” you replied, walking away. You don’t know why you’re being rude to Myungsoo. Maybe because you know this is just a dream. When you get home, you’ll never see him again. You bite your tongue at the painful thought. “Yes. He’s probably going back to Seoul and to Infinite’s dorm first thing in the morning later.”