Unexpected meeting

My First short Love Story

The next day, you slept in till 2pm because you were totally exhausted. You were rolling in bed just thinking about last night, your encounter with Kim Myungsoo when you heard someone entering home. And it sounds like more than one person. Your dad is at work, so its definitely your mum with someone. You panicked! You can’t leave your room in your pjs no matter who’s that, that’s with your mum! 

 
“Aigooo! Think, ___, think!!” you knocked your head lightly.
 
Then you heard their voices fading and you assume they’ve made their way to the kitchen. You thought this is the perfect time to make a sprint to the bathroom in your parent’s room to shower. You grabbed your towel and fresh new clothes; Ramones t-shirt and a pair of faded blue jeans. You opened your bedroom door quietly and dashed. But you stopped in your trackes when your mum walked in to the living room with KIM MYUNGSOO?!??! Again, the both of you stared wide eye at each other like last night in the fitting room. 
 
“___, this gentleman has helped me carry the groceries so I invited him for lunch. His name is Kim Myungsoo. And Myungsoo, this is my one and only daughter, ___. You’re older than her by a year,” your mum introduced you both.
 
As if on cue, the both of you said “I know.”
 
“Oh. How’d you know each other? Have you met before? But Myungsoo is from Seoul and he just reached 2 days ago. And 2 days ago, you’ve been working ___ ah,” your mum replied, confused with the situation.
 
“He came to shop at UNIQLO last night and I helped him with his pants measurements for alteration. Plus, he’s the visual of the famous Korean idol group, Infinite,” you explained and Myungsoo just nodded in agreement.
 
“WHAT??! Did I just brought an idol home? Oh my gosh! Alright, you can stay the night till tomorrow as well, Myungsoo! My daughter is a fan of Infinite although she’s not that hardcore of a fan,” your mum joked. You managed a small laugh.
 
“Sorry. But I’m not in the mood for guests today, Mum,” you said straightforwardly.
 
“Why are you being rude? He’s not only a guest! He’s a star too!” your mum was fuming because she’s never seen you behave this way towards your guests even if you hate that person.
 
“But I thought you’ve never liked me listening to foreign songs especially kpop! Why’re you being all nice then? I don’t get you. I’m just going to bathe now and you can entertain your guest yourself,” you snapped. You stole a glance at Myungsoo before making your way to your parents’ room.
 
“I’m sorry about that, Myungsoo. But I seriously hope you’ll stay for the night. I’ll cook home meals for you,” your mum apologized to Myungsoo.
 
“It’s okay. I can relate to her attitude. When I’m tired after 2 long days of working, I become cranky too,” Myungsoo smiled. You were still listening to their conversation and your heart skipped faster when he said this. You realize you might actually start falling in love with him as Kim Myungsoo, not Infinite’s L. You feel your throat tightened because you’re fearing your feelings might act on its own and not listen to your brain.
 
“Then, will you stay? I’m sure my husband doesn’t mind an extra company tonight. We don’t have any sons so I’m sure he would love chatting with you.”
 
“Yes, sure. I’ll stay,” Myungsoo gave in although he actually refused to because he doesn’t want to be a nuisance to you. Your mum reminds him of his mum hence he gave in.
 
~~
 
You had lunch with your mum and Myungsoo. After lunch, you stayed in your room reading your latest borrowed novel, PS I Love You by Cecilia Ahern while listening to music and tweeting.
 
Soon, its 6pm and your dad is home. You went out of your room to greet him. Seems like your dad knows about Myungsoo’s presence since he said “Ah! So this is our guest for tonight! A handsome young man!” You rolled your eyes.
 
“____, come and help in the kitchen to prepare tonight’s dinner,” your mum called you out.
 
“Ye!” you said and rushed to kitchen while thinking “Everyone’s been giving your orders lately. Hmph!”
 
Your mum prepared your favourite dish, lasagna. That lifted your mood. A bit.
 
At 7pm, after your dad has finish bathing, the 4 of you ate dinner together. Lasagna was served as the main dish and chocolate and banana muffins with ice cream toppings were served as desserts. It was an awesome atmosphere during dinner. There were lots of questions and talking among your mum, dad and Myungsoo. You just listened. And without realizing, you were actually hoping for time to stop ticking. You don’t want to leave the dining table. You love seeing Myungsoo’s face and listening to him talk. He is so well mannered.
 
An hour later, you’re all done with eating. You were doing the dishes when Myungsoo entered the kitchen and offered to help. But you stopped him and said “No. You’re the guest. You should sit out and talk with my parents.”
 
“But they’re enjoying each other’s company. I don’t wish to interrupt. I feel like an intruder. I’d rather help you out,” Myungsoo replied honestly.
 
“Then you shouldn’t have accepted the offer to stay,” you snapped at him.
 
“I know. But I don't regret it because I know you're enjoying my presence," he chuckled at that before continuing "You dry the plates and glasses. I'll do the washing. You don't want your fingers to wrinkle," Myungsoo replied with a smirk not caring with the way you treat him.
 
You looked at him speechless, but gave your most unreadable facial expression and raise your left eyebrow. When you did not hand him the sponge and the plate, he took it from you nicely.
 
After washing the plates and drying them, you both joined your parents in the living room. The movie showing on tv was Spiderwick Chronicles. 
 
"Shall we all play the car racing on ps3?" your dad asked.
 
"I think we should," your mum agreed.
 
"I'm not playing. I'm going back to my room to read," you said.
 
Your dad was about to say something when Myungsoo pulled you by your left pinky. That made you turned. When he sees that your eyes are on his, he said "Please. Let play this together. At least let me gain the experience to play a console game with a girl together with her parents," with begging eyes. You felt your insides made a somersault beacuse Myungsoo is just so precious. You managed a nod and your parents gave a clap to motion that you should all start playing.
 
~~
 
2 hours later, at 10+pm, the four of you stopped playing. You mum won only one game. You won thrice while your dad and Myungsoo had a tie. This made your dad say "We should race again next time, Myungsoo. Its late now. I'll go to sleep with my wife now. Don't stay up too late, both of you."
 
"Goodnight," Myungsoo and you said at the same time. You gave your mum a hug and kiss. Myungsoo smiled when he saw that. He likes the relationship you share with your parents. Just in the afternoon he witnessed your mum and you bickering. But now, you're both reconciled. 
 
After that, you started walking towards your room only to be stopped again by Myungsoo.
 
"What do you want this time?" you asked him.
 
"Don't you have any nice DVDs to watch? I haven't watch movies in a long time," he said.
 
"I do. Come," you motioned him to follow you to the cupboard besides the tv. You opened and he stared in awe. There were lots of DVDs and old CDs inside.
 
"Choose anything. I'll put it in the player and play it for you," you said with a small smile.
 
In the end he chose Titanic. You out it on for him then he pulled you to sit on the couch next to him. "Watch it with me, please, ___," he begged again.
 
"You seem to enjoy begging," you teased.
 
"I only beg when I want to earn what I love," he looked into your eyes as he said that. You quickly looked away and say "The movie's starting. Shut up, now."
 
Your hand is still in his and neither of you bother to separate that.