Join

When in Rome, do as Romans do...

 

“If it’s like that, then I don’t want to join.” You said standing up and preparing to leave when he grabbed your wrist.

“If you don’t, you’ll be in big trouble with Kai and I won’t interfere anymore.” He said kind of like a warning.

“I never asked you to do anything; you did it on your own will. For that, I am thankful but I never asked you to do it.” You said pulling you hand away.

“FINE!” He yelled getting up too. “Then Kai, you can do whatever you want to her.” He said walking out of the classroom, leaving you alone, exposed and up to Kai. Your feet started trembling and you sat back at your desk.

            After the class, you ran out after the teacher trying to avoid Kai but some of his friends caught you and pinned you against the wall.

“Are you in a hurry, princess?” Kai’s voice rang through the hallway as he stepped closer to you. You tried to escape but their grip was too tight. “You’re going to pay for what happened to me. You’re lucky your face it’s so pretty and I don’t want to damage it.” He said caressing your cheek but you turned your head away.

“I wish I could say the same.” You said glaring at him from the corner of your eye.

            A filthy smirk spread across his lips as he got closer to you and started touching your thighs.

“YAAA! STOP IT!” You yelled kicking your feet, trying to push him away but he stood too close to you. He gave you a filthy look as he was moving towards the inner side of your thighs. You glared at him and spit him in the face, making him back off a few steps. Your chest was rising heavily as all the struggling tired you.

“You little .” He said coming back towards you and trying to kiss you forcefully but once again you turned away and closed your eyes when you felt the guys letting you go. You looked up quickly to see JR standing in front of you, holding Kai by the collar. You felt tears forming in your eyes when you saw him looking at you with a worried expression on his face.

“YOU SAID I COULD DO WHATEVER I WANTED TO HER!” Kai yelled, pushing him away.

“I was just kidding.” He growled between his teeth.

“Whatever.” He said rolling his eyes and leaving.

            You weren’t an affectionate person usually and you were mad at JR but at that moment, the fear might have made you mad because the second he turned towards you, you ran to him and hugged him tightly. You could feel him staring at you surprised also looking around at the people staring at you two. He placed on of his hands on your head and slightly caressed your hair.

“Do you want to join now?” He asked after you had calmed down a little.

“I already told you I won’t hurt Doyun.” You mumbled against his chest.

“WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE THOSE PEOPLE TOUCHING YOU ALL OVER?!” He yelled angrily stepping back to look at your face.

“Your condition is stupid and absurd.” You said frowning both because you were angry and trying to stop your tears.

“I didn’t ask you what you thought about my conditions. That’s it and you have to accept it!” He said glaring back.

“I don’t HAVE to do anything. I have a choice and I choose not to accept your stupid condition.” You said leaving.

“FINE!” He yelled angrily and left.

            After that, Kai didn’t dare to lay hands on you, thinking JR was testing him again. You could sleep well for a couple of nights and the days passed without any noticeable events. You spent everyday with Doyun since JR and his friends chose to ignore you, all beside Ren who always got scolded by JR for waving happily whenever he saw you.

            One afternoon, Doyun, who was also your desk mate, was late for class and so was the teacher. You were looking around and saw Kai giving you a filthy smirk. Not long after, the teacher entered the classroom.

“Excuse me Mister, isn’t Doyun coming to class?” You asked and he gave you a sorrowful look which gave you a bad feeling, making your heart throb.

 “Your desk mate won’t be coming to classes from now on. Your classmate, Doyun…” he said raising his voice, “is at the hospital.”

“WHAT HAPPENED?!” You yelled, hot tears streaming down your face uncontrollably.

“He was beaten to unconsciousness. By who, we are still trying to find out. He is stable right now, but he won’t be coming back here after he is discharged.” He said giving you a regretful look.

            You were ready to tell him that Kai was involved but remembered that he was the witch’s son and you didn’t have any evidence so voicing out a suspicion would only get you into more trouble so you kept quiet.

            The whole day you acted like a ghost around the school. You were alone, no one cared about you and if they did that to Doyun to get to you, what would stop them from beating you up too… or even worse.

--

“Listen missy, you’re going to pay for what JR did to me, big time so expect me by your room anytime.”

--

            Kai’s words passed through your mind, freezing your body. That short period of time when the things went smooth only proved to be the calm before the storm.

__________________________________________________________________________

Wow, I was surprised by the number of people that said they'd actually join. Not every one of you had voted, inly 16 so please go vote if you haven't already. For those who said they'd join, BAD READERS! and for those who said they wouldn't, I'm proud of you. <3

Also, someone asked me yesterday if Kai is by any chance EXO's Kai and yes, I totally pictured him as the bad guy because he gives off that feeling.

XOXO, Andreea.