Welcome to the group

When in Rome, do as Romans do...

            You were laid in his bed, trying to sleep but every time you closed your eyes you’d have flashbacks from earlier and your eyes shot open immediately. Ren was sitting on a chair next to you, your hair gently, trying to calm you down and he wasn’t failing. His every touch was lifting a little of the weight on your chest. You turned around to face him and gave him a weak smile, startling him.

“I-I thought you were asleep.” He said retiring his hand. You shook your hand in response and his cheeks turned a slight shade of pink.

“Thank you for staying with me…” You said giving him a thankful look.

“I wouldn’t have left for anything.” He said looking away. It was the first time Ren was acting shy around you, wasn’t him the same guy that jumped in your arms after barely knowing your name? “If only I had gone to check on you when JR told me to…”

            You fell asleep in the end and in the morning when you woke up, Ren was asleep in the chair and JR wasn’t back yet. You were too afraid to walk to your room so you asked Ren to borrow you a pair of jeans to wear that day. You were heading towards the classroom when the red-haired girl pushed you into the wall.

“You !” She yelled slapping you all of a sudden. “Because of you, my JR is in solitary confinement!” She yelled slamming her hand on the wall, next to your head. “What the are you to him?! HUH?!” She yelled, taking a handful of your hair and pulling it, causing you to escape a scream.

“Hyuna, take your hands off her or I’ll rip them off and shove them up your throat.” Ren’s voice rang through the hallway.

You managed to turn your head and look at him, walking your way with a serious look on his face and an overflowing confidence. She let go of you immediately and took a few steps back when Ren approached her. “Go away.” He said pushing her and she left quickly, stumbling on her feet.

“Is it true? Is JR in solitary confinement?!” You yelled grabbing on Ren’s shirt.

“Yeah, he’s going to stay in there for four days.” He said making a sorrowful expression. “But don’t worry I’ll be here to protect you!” He continued quickly giving you a reassuring smile.

“Are the other guys too?” You asked giving him a worried expression and he nodded in response. You sighed and covered your face with your hands, trying to get your thoughts together. “This is NOT about who is going to protect me… but about them. That witch managed to do what she wanted.” You said hitting the wall with your clenched fists.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s not the first time for any of them. Moreover, on the bright side, four days of solitary confinement are too little for the estate that Kai and his friends are in.” He said laughing.

“They're not dead… right?” You asked pretty worried.

“No.” Ren replied laughing cutely. “But let’s just say they wish they were.” He continued laughing again.

“For such a cute-looking guy you’re quite a sadist…” You said thinking that in there nobody was how they seemed to be.

“Don’t be fooled by my appearance.” He said laughing.

“I wonder how Doyun is doing.” You asked sighing, walking towards the classroom.

“He’s healing.” Ren replied taking your attention.

“H-how do you know?” You asked kind of worried.

“JR sent someone to check on him.” He said giving you a strange feeling. He must have noticed how pale your face had gotten and gave you a reassuring smile, then ruffled your hair. “JR is not a bad guy. He wouldn’t hurt him for no reason. That condition was just meant to test you. He would have stopped you before you actually slapped him.” He said lifting the weight off your chest. “After you.” He continued inviting you to enter the classroom. “Oh and…” He said after entering the class, making you turn around and look into his eyes. “Welcome in the group.” He said loud enough for the class to hear, giving you a pink spiked glove. “JR told me to give it to you.”

            You reached your hand and took the glove from Ren’s, feeling tears invading your eyes. You were a stranger to JR, yet he protected you without even thinking about the consequences. You knew he was kind and caring from the moment he saved you and you didn’t doubt it; not even when you fought and he had his hands around your neck. You knew he would have never hurt you. But you couldn’t understand why.

“I’ll never take it down!” You said sniffing.

“W-wha-why are you crying?!” Ren asked making a worried face. “Yaa~ d-don’t cry, alright?” He said becoming agitated.

“Thank you.” You said in a shaky voice.

“Are you that happy?” He asked making a funny expression and you nodded in response putting the glove on.

“I want to learn to take care of myself, Ren. I don’t want JR to get in trouble for me anymore.” You said giving him a determined look.

“You’re so adorable…” He said hugging you tightly, taking you by surprise.

“Don’t say that!” You yelled waving your hands around, breaking the hug and taking a few steps back. “How can I look tough when you do that?” You asked and pouted. He gave you an adorable smile and giggled before arranging your hair and leading you to a desk in the back of the classroom.

“I’ll teach you how to gain respect in here. Just follow my instructions and nobody will ever dare to touch you again.” He said sitting next to the window.

“Can I do that without being violent?” You asked innocently, giving him a pleading look.

“Haha, don’t you know that when you’re in Rome, you do what Romans do?” He asked laughing at how innocent you were. “That’s the first rule.”

“And what’s the second?” You asked curiously.

“You punch anybody that pokes your back.” He said giving you a serious look.

“You’re kidding right?!” You asked laughing your off.

“Do I look like I’m kidding?” He answered giving you a questioning look.

“No, but you must be. Why punch somebody just because they poked my back?” You asked giving him a confused look.

“Because people are not here to socialize or because of it. If they poke your back, they punch you in the face when you turn around.” He answered shrugging. “That’s just the way it’s always been here.”

“That’s so absurd.” You answered laughing.

“It might be but you have to follow the rules.” He said poking your forehead and then smiling cutely.

“What if I don’t?” You asked shaking your head like a dog, trying to get his finger off.

“We wouldn’t want something bad happening to this cute face of yours, would we?” He said giving you a seductive look and then ruffling your head. “You’re so cute!” He said in a cute voice.

“Ya… Ren… What is that girl to JR?” You asked, curiousness being obviously written all over your face.

“HyunA… it’s complicated.” He said making a thinking grimace.

“I’m smart.” You said smiling widely.                        

“They HAVE to marry. JR doesn’t want to, but his father is forcing him. HyunA is the only daughter of a powerful rival company… and JR’s father is the leader of the most powerful one. If they were to unite… pfff, imagine that.” He said rising his eyebrows.

“I wish I wasn’t that smart…” You said causing Ren to laugh.

“You, the one telling jokes at the back, get out!” The teacher yelled and you complied, and couldn’t restrain a giggle when you saw Ren’s amused expression.

            You walked out of the classroom slowly and took a few steps towards your locker when you felt a poke on your shoulder. Thinking about Ren’s advice… twice… you still did as told. You turned around quickly and punched the guy in the face with all your strength. He almost fell to the ground but still managed to keep his balance, since you were pretty weak, then threw you a deadly glare.

“SORRY! I thought you wanted to punch me!” You said bowing 90%.

“Why would I do that?!” He asked giving you a confused look and caressing the place you had hit.

“It’s a rule and… I’m so so so sorry!” You said giving him a truly regretful look.

“It’s fine… hey, is that my brother’s glove?” He asked grabbing your hand and inspecting the glove Ren, no JR had given to you, closely. “Yes that’s it.”

“JR's?” You asked giving him a curious look.

“Yes.” He said giving you a serious look.

"Oh, are you JR's brother? Nice to meet you.” You said reaching your hand after introducing yourself properly.

“I could think of better ways…” He said shaking your hand. “Anyways, I’m…”

_____________________________________________________________________________

​Who do you think JR's brother is?! Leave your answer in the comments along with your opinion about this update... I'm really nervous about this whole update to be honest T^T.

I'm VERY sorry for taking so long to post an update and THANK YOU  from the bottom of my heart for waiting patiently and not unsubscribing! <3 I'm very glad to see that people actually like my stories so much!!! I'm finally done with my final exams and I'm stress-free so my ideas should start invading my brain soon enough - that means, I'll update regularly until I finish writing this story. :D

Because, dear fantastic subscribers and readers,