Drabble Two

Nameless Secrets

Characters: SuHo / Baekhyun / Tao



Two mirrors which reflect nothing, sat opposite of each other in a brightly lit room. White, the colour of purity and innocence, surrounded every object, and two men dressed to contrast such cleanliness stood on either wall.

"Soon?"

As the boy asks, the symbol of light that was clasped onto his hand shines dimly.

"Not yet," the other replies calmly, his gaze trailing the bends of the water floating in the palm of his hand.

Silence fills their gap.

"How do you think everyone is doing?" Baekhyun, who is unable to stand the stillness, says. He constantly traces the outline of his symbol with his thumb and forefinger.

SuHo, contemplating as he continues to stare at his orb of water, sets his lips in a grim line. He looks up to meet Baekhyun's awaiting gaze.

"We are one," SuHo whispers, his voice was firm and definite, but his eyes reflected a look of pained longing. The water in his palm disappears as he rolls his hand into a fist. "We share each others pains and sufferings, as well as the joys and victories. But we are our own minds; we cannot interfere with each other..."

They would always be together; no matter who goes where, or who ends up where. Or if they were no longer allowed to see each other. They were always one.

"But SeHun..." Baekhyun trails off, voice fading as his eyes stare past SuHo, and to the mirror behind the elder boy.

It was forbidden, Baekhyun knew, to contact SeHun. He was the abandoned; the sacrifice. Only Kai, the envoy, was allowed any physical or communicational contact with everyone. That itself though, was a gift and a curse.

"Patience Baekhyun," SuHo warns, eyes softening as Baekhyun looks to him with a relenting stare.

"I know," Baekhyun murmurs, much like a scolded child, "I know..."

SuHo holds back a sigh, and watches the younger boy with a caring gaze. He had seen Baekhyun grow since he was a child. Who could've guessed that the edgy and loud kid that loves to talk, would be the future Light Holder?

But then again, who could've guessed that he himself would be the future Water Bearer.

"He must be lonely," Baekhyun says, a frown crinkling his smooth forehead. "And even Tao--"

A sharp glance from SuHo cuts off his words, and Baekhyun nods in remembrance and apology; to SuHo, and for Tao. He knew that Tao was not to be mentioned, it was a rule. If SeHun was the abandoned, than Tao was the isolated. He was the Time Keeper; a being that was not a being.

But Baekhyun wasn't like everyone else, who put their duties before their emotions. He was still a slave to his memories and past. And he was especially fond of his moments with Tao.

Seeing Baekhyun's dejected form, the slouched shoulders and sad gaze, SuHo wanted to go and brush the younger boys hair, to caress and kiss the pale skin, and murmur words of encouragement.

However, his duty forbade him from moving away from the mirror. So thus, he continued to watch in silence as Baekhyun stared at his feet in longing; hands hanging at his sides in helplessness.

Tao. Do you see him?

Before the two of them could continue, a slender figure appears in the room with black smoke trailing around the body like second skin.

"Kai," SuHo and Baekhyun say in unison.

Kai nods in recognition and steps towards them.

"Soon?" Baekhyun asks, his thumb and finger back to tracing the symbol on the back his hand in anticipation.

Much to Baekhyun's, and SuHo's, surprise, Kai's firm lips open to answer, "Now."

All too suddenly, the room is filled with a blinding light as Baekhyun's hand starts to brighten. The boy was unable to control his emotions.

"Baekhyun!" SuHo cries, shielding his eyes. Kai also winces and shies away.

"Oh," Baekhyun gasps, the light dying as quickly as it appeared. "Sorry," he murmurs, gently touching the cool object on his hand. His heart was fluttering in his chest; a bubble ready to burst.

"It won't be too long," Kai says, looking to SuHo and then to Baekhyun. His gaze lingers on Baekhyun's face for a moment longer.

"Careless,"

"Careless,"

"Shoot anonymous,"

"anonymous,"

"Heartless,"

"Mindless,"

"No one cares about us."


Without anyone speaking them, the words echo around the trio; enveloping them like a cold blanket. Their duties were almost at its beginning.

"Baekhyun," Kai whispers, hesitation flickering in his eyes. The torn desire that he saw in Baekhyun's eyes made him very cautious. It made Kai weary and aware of his duty, but the itch to tell the boy would not disappear. But he shakes his head and firmly closes his lips. He turns his face away, ignoring the disappointed stare Baekhyun gave him.

I shouldn't... We have our duties.

But before he decides to leave, Kai stares at the ground and quickly whispers, "he misses you."

Black smoke fades as fast as it appeared.

And SuHo turns to look at Baekhyun, who was staring at the spot where Kai had once been, his lips parted slightly in thought and surprise. His eyes were glazed over with unshed tears.

And a grin appears on SuHo's lips, a sad lift of his lips as he watches Baekhyun from the other side of the room.


 

Longing; a prolonged desire or need for something that is unattainable.

-end.