The days after

Rose

 

                   You woke up the next day and looked at the rose. You took care of it before you went down in your school uniform after a shower. You ate your breakfast and left the house. Lay was waiting for you outside. He walks with you to school every morning. The two of you took a stroll and told stories about how Valentine’s Day was celebrated. It went on and on until you arrived. It was a long day though, and the thought of where the rose came from is still lingering in your mind.

~*~

                   One day, you went home and ran to your room to find out that the rose was gone. You ran around the house to look for where it was and found out that your sister took it. No matter how wrong it was, you got mad at your sister and scolded at her. And then you ran to your room crying. The rose was precious to you. It had an important meaning to you. It was the first special gift you received from Valentine’s even if you do not know where it came from. You rested your head on the table as you cry. Lay saw you from the window.

                 “________?” He called you. You looked at him. He got worried about you. “Are you ok? Why are you crying?”

                 “I just got senselessly angry” You replied as you wipe the tears from your eyes.

                 “Why?”

                 “My sister destroyed the rose.” You said. Lay looked at you and when he was about to speak, you added. “I know it was senseless but that rose meant a lot to me. It was so precious. I didn’t expect that someone will make me feel that loved with such a gift.”

                  Lay was shocked deep inside. He didn’t expect that you would feel that way with what he did.

                 “Well that’s life. Nothing really lasts forever.” He said.

                 “Yeah. Now I feel so sorry for the person who gave it to me. I was so careless.” You cried more.

                  “It’s ok. He would understand that. Don’t cry.”

                  “But it’s still some important thing!”

                  “Cheer up. I’m sure that he doesn’t want to see you cry right now.” In fact he doesn’t really want to.

                  “Ok. I guess I’m a bit tired. I better sleep for now.” You said as you stood up and went to your bed to take a nap. Lay let out a sigh and felt so bad for you. He thought of giving you roses again. So when you woke up, it was the same time Lay was gardening. He then cut off 3 stems of roses and tied it with one ribbon and asked the same dog to send it to you.

                  You were walking to the kitchen to cook when you heard some barking from the door. You opened it to see the same dog with 3 roses. You were surprised.

                  How did he know? Or did he?

                 You got the roses and smelled it. It is still as fragrant as the first one. The dog ran back to Lay’s house but you followed him and then arrived at the said area. You were in shock.

                “Why did the dog go to Lay’s house? Could it be?” You thought and entered the house. It smelled like flowers. You walked to the living room of it and stumbled on the coffee table.

                     It had Lay’s diary.

                    You looked at it and somehow read the contents of it.

                   “I kinda like _____. I mean I treat her more than as a friend already. I really care about her. Well she kind of lost the rose I gave to her on Valentine’s. I still haven’t told her.

                  Rose. The rose came from Lay.

                 You knew it was from him. You were shocked to find out that it was true. You started to cry.And that was when Lay started to feel that someone entered his house after the dog came back to him. He went back to the house to see you.

                “_________?” He called. You looked at him in tears.

               “Lay, why didn’t you tell me?” You asked, holding the 3 roses he gave you.

                “Tell you what?” He was a bit scared that you knew his secret. So he asked, pretending he was innocent from it. That was when he saw that you are near the coffee table where his opened diary is. He silently prayed that you didn't see the contents of the entry he is currently writing.

               “That the rose came from you.” His eyes widened from what he heard. He was now caught. His secret that the rose came from him was revealed. He deniably asked you.

                “Rose? What rose?”

                “This rose and the rose my sister took!” You said, crying.

                “How did you-“

                “I saw your diary, you said you gave the rose to me.” Lay doesn’t know what he will do, he tried to speak but there are no words coming out from his mouth. So you brought back the conversation.

               “You’re the only one in here who takes care of roses everyday...” You looked down. Somehow some magic is luring Lay to go near you as he takes a few steps closer.

               “And the dog that sends me the rose headed straight here.” You added.

               “But the dog isn’t mine. It’s Jongin’s”

               “But Jongin migrated. The dog is so calm when he is with you.”

               “Well he gave me the dog.”

               “You’re the only person that I told about the rose being lost.” That’s it. Lay is caught. He wont think of any other excuses with what you said

               “_______....” He called you with your name softly.

               “So tell me the truth, did you give me the rose?” That time, Lay was close to you, he held your shoulders as he looked to your eyes.

               “If I tell you, you won’t get mad ok?” He asked

               “Even if it was you, I wouldn’t mind getting mad.” You spoke. Somehow you had the feeling what he will say next that’s why tears streamed down your face again.

               “Alright” Lay let out a sigh. “It was from me.”  You were right. That was what he will be saying.

               “But how come you didn’t tell me in the first place?”  

               “Because...”

               “Because?”

               “Because I thought it would be nothing to you. I didn’t expect it would mean a lot to you.” He stuttered.

               “These roses are one of the most important things that was given to me” You said, still crying.

               “When I saw you on Valentine’s you look so lonely, but I don’t really like seeing you that way. That’s why I went to the garden and gave you a rose.” He added.

               “I’m just sad at that time because I don’t have someone to celebrate the day unlike the others who were out on a date. ” You hugged him. But you were here. Thank you so much. You made me feel loved.” Lay hugged you back.

               “It’s because I love you.” He said. You stopped crying and looked at him.

               “Lay...” You called him.

              “Yes, you’re hearing it right. I love you.” He said while smiling.

               “I love you too...” You replied. And then the two of you hugged again. Lay pulled away.

               “______, I’ve always wanted to ask you this.” He said. You looked at him as he knelt.

               “______, you already know that I love you and it’s been years that we’re friends.” He reached to his pocked and pulled out a ring. You were shocked.

               “______, will you be my girlfriend?” His words struck you. You were speechless. It took you a short while before you finally spoke.

               “Yes, yes I will be your girlfriend.” You replied as your eyes welled up in tears again. Lay stood up and put the ring on you before wiping your tears and telling you not to cry. He did that before hugging you and lifting you to twirl you.

               “I love you _____.”

               “I love you too, Lay.”

                And then the two of you starts a new life as a couple. The guy who lives next door who cares a lot for you is now your boyfriend.

~Fin

 

Finally it's done! I know its short, and its my first so sorry~ 

Well, hope you like it... Thanks for reading BTW! <3 

Thank you soooo much!!