Chapter 4

Personal Music Box

Shall I be a nice person and unhide the chapter already? haha ^^;;;

----------

Chapter 4

Sunggyu made his way, ungracefully, out the door, wobbling from side to side. His head hurt, hell, his whole body hurt, and it felt like he was thrown into an oven even though they were in the middle of Autumn, Winter nearing so soon.

 

To avoid the long wait for the elevator and risking the chance of having to have a long talk, which he didn't want to have to do in his current state, with his ex-boyfriend and once-good friend Sungyeol, he made his way to the stairs quickly. But as soon as he pushed open the fire escape door and made it two steps down, his legs failed and gave out.

 

So he sat on the stairs, telling himself he was fine, that he was okay, and that everything would be ok, because as long as he believed that everything was okay, it really would end up being just that, right...? But no matter how much he tried to fool himself into believing that he was ok, his heart didn't want to believe it.

 

And it forced those crystal droplets from his eyes against his will.

 

He was joined on the stairs by Woohyun, who had, as usual, s his arm around his waist, laying his head on the elder's shoulder and hummed a sweet melody to calm him down. And as always, it worked, slowing his racing heart and giving him a sense of comfort.

 

Why, Woohyun? Why are you still here when you've always known that I never thought of you that way.... Just, why...?” Sunggyu's voice cracked on the last word

 

Because it doesn't matter if you don't feel the same way. I love you now, and I always will,” Woohyun answered, a small smile gracing his beautiful features. If I can't be the one that makes you happy, then at least I can be the one to pick you back up and piece you back together...

 

You'll be ok Gyu, I promise.” Woohyun whispered, Sunggyu's arm as comfortingly as he could, before continuing to hum that melody over and over again.

 

Sunggyu let out a sigh, leaning into Woohyun a just that little bit more. I'll be ok... I'll be ok.... he thought to himself.

 

I'll be ok, letting him go, because I'll always have you by my side, right....?” He whispered, grabbing Woohyun's hand in his own as the last few tears streaked his soft cheeks.

 

I'll always be here Gyu, right by your side, whenever you need me. I'll sing you a lullaby whenever you feel like nothing is right. Because no matter what happens, no matter where you are, if you call for me, I'll find my way to you're side. I'll be your own personal music box.”

 

And Sunggyu dried his tears for the last time, letting go of the past, so that he could start anew with Woohyun by his side, a small smile finally forming on those lips that always wore a frown.

 

His own personal music box.... He liked the sound of that.

 

------------------

AND THAT CONCLUDES IT! LOL! I hope you guys had as much fun reading this as I did writing it, and that this didn't disappoint you too much! A big thank you to all the readers, subbers, and commenters :P You guys are awesome! It's so encouraging to see that people actually enjoy my balbberings :3 I feel a lot more at ease about posting now heh~ I'll probably drop by randomly with one-shots and things, seeing as I'm not the best at keeping a full-length fic at bay.

 

Ok, so I thought I'd clear myself up a little bit; This four-shot was suppose to focus on the one-sided, unrequited love that woohyun had for Sunggyu. It may not seem like it though, since with my style of writing I seem to push that to the side and focus more on Sunggyu's emotional status. But I find it a lot more interesting to read fanfictions that have a deeper meaning to pick out rather than just having them bam smack in your face. You agree to an extent, no? ^^;;; So yes. Though this seemed to be all about sunggyu, its rather quite balanced, in my opinion. What do you guys say? Was it just annoying and difficult to understand? haha A penny for your thoughts? :P Also, I'm sorry to the Myungyeol fans out there! I didn't mean to make them complete s, it just kinda happened :< 

 

Again, thanks for your support, and happy readings!

--K