Chapter 2

Personal Music Box

Chapter 2

Woohyun sat on his lounge sipping from his mug of ceylon tea when the slamming of a door caused him to turn his head towards his front door.

 

'That can't be good.' he thought to himself as he placed his mug on the coffee table and made his way out of his apartment. And he was right. There he saw Myungsoo, waiting for the elevator. “Myungsoo,” he called.

 

Myungsoo turned around, his duffle bag swinging idly behind him. “What's up, Woohyun?” he questioned, curiosity painted on his calm features.

 

“Where are you going?” Woohyun shot an uncertain look over at the poker-faced boy.

 

“I'm staying over at a friend's house for a few days.”

 

“Who, Sungyeol? Why? What about Gyu hyung? I was with him all morning. You know he's not going to be ok, right?” Woohyun's features showed disappointment in Myungsoo's poor decision and worry for his hyung. But Myungsoo just let out a long, heavy sigh.

“Hyun-ah, he'll be fine. He already knows how to contact me if something goes wrong. I'll be gone for three days, max. He'll be fine.” Woohyun opened his mouth to say something, but the elevator let out a loud, ding, signalling it had arrived, and before a word could slip out of his parted lips, Myungsoo had stepped into the elevator and pressed the 'close' button.

 

“He won't be fine and you know it. You're just too stubborn to admit that what you're doing is wrong,” Woohyun whispered, shaking his head and turning to go back into his own apartment to greet his now-cold tea.

 

The only thing on his mind was how Myungsoo could so easily fulfil his own happiness with Sungyeol, while Sunggyu was left alone in to drown in his tears.

 

*****************

 

It was night outside, with no stars covering the blanket of darkness, when Sunggyu stirred from his sleep on the hard kitchen table. His head was throbbing and he felt tired and hot all over, not to mention a sore throat beginning to form.

 

Knock knock. 'Someone must've been at the door,' he thought, as got up and stretched, before he dragged his feet slowly down the hallway, rubbing furiously at his raw eyes. He was exhausted, and his eyes were probably puffy from crying himself to sleep.

 

When he opened the door, he was met by the worried face of Woohyun. “Hyung, are you ok?” Sunggyu looked at him, and when a pair of warm, safe arms were offered, he instantly fell into Woohyun's embrace. No tears fell, however. He was too tired for more of that.

 

Instead, Woohyun' slowly his back before asking, “Do you wanna stay over at my place for awhile?”

Sunggyu shook his head no, letting out a small, “Thanks for caring,” before telling Woohyun to go back to his apartment and that he was fine and that he would be fine by himself.

 

“Hyung I know you're lying. You think I can't tell you've been moping around again? You're getting sick too, I can tell. There's been no sound coming from your apartment for the last 5 hours. I had to come make sure that you weren't dead.” Sunggyu just shook his head and attempted to close the front door, only to have Woohyun slam his hand against it to prevent him from succeeding.

 

“Sunggyu, its ok to be afraid, you know. It's ok to cry. And it's always been ok for you to ask for help when you're feeling hopeless. That's what I'm here for...” And with that, Woohyun pulled the door closed, leaving Sunggyu sliding down to the floor, tears overflowing again.

 

Damn it! I promised myself that there would be no more of this.... That I wouldn't cry. That I wouldn't be so weak. I promised myself that I'd fix whatever was wrong between Myungsoo and I. But I guess I'm always wrong, huh. And Sunggyu slipped into the darkness, finding comfort in it like he always did whenever he was alone.
 

--------------------

 

Heh~ I got a few comments and subbers ^^;; Thanks to anyone who dropped by, whether it'd be with a comment or just as a silent reader. It means a lot to me! Hope you guys are enjoying this short read, and if you do, feel free to drop me a message and we can have a chat :P

 

croWn_nd: heh, I kept my word, right?? ^^;;; it was fun to write though, so yeah :) I'm glad you were anticipating it, its like a huge slap in the face of encouragement! :) I hope you enjoy it!

WhatsOnTheCeiling: Awww I hope your finger is alright! I hate when I do that, especially if I stub my toe as well. ouch. haha xD Thanks for sparing a few minutes to leave a comment, it means a lot :)

ShineeSoShiny: Hmmm, you'll see what happens~ I won't let you know if you're right or wrong just yet :P But indeed his greasiness would cheer Gyubear up! It would cheer anyone up! haha~