Chapter 1

That's how life is.

 

 Rain was falling hard on the burial ceremony of my mother and father. I grasp to myself and suddenly explored the horizons of the sky which I never took notice of before. I was thinking of what will become of me after this. To raise myself with no relations after this I will return to my bare, cold house. My name’s Hyerin my last name now unknown to anyone even me. I was focused on what will I do with my life now my parents are gone. There are only two choices: part times and school or full times stop school. ‘Oh fate what do I do??’ I thought while I was staring into the sky I looked into the sidewalk tired of staring up, and then I suddenly saw a sign that says “Help wanted 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm”  wow it was fast ‘I am grateful for your help fate’ I thought. I ran towards the café which was on the other side of the drenched and mud-spattered road. I ran inside the warm café and approached the manager. ‘Excuse me sir but I happen to be looking for a part-time job and I saw the sign outside. Can I please apply?’ I asked politely with a petite smile. ‘Of course but you have to wait for the owner of the café to approve of you.’ He said nonchalantly, I hesitated to wait but I thought to myself what if I never got another chance. So I decided to wait until the owner arrives, even though I hated waiting.
 
-After 3 hours of waiting-
 
I was waiting silently clutching a cup of coffee observing passers-by, but just then a group of boys came in the café and approached the manager. It looks like the manager was treating him with so much respect, and suddenly pointed with shaking hands to me. The boy or is it girl, Approached me gradually taking vigilant steps. ‘I heard you were looking for a job here so I need to know your name, age and experiences.’ The girl/boy said firmly. ‘Are you the owner of the café because you look sort of young?’ I said intriguingly looking into his/her porcelain doll face ‘Yes I am the owner of this café so do you want job or not?’ he/she snapped back giving me a laser sharp glare with his/her threatening eyes. ‘Yes I do. If you want to know my name sir/ma’am it is Lee Hyerin I’m 14 years old and no experience at all.’ I said uncertainly saying “sir/ma’am”, terrified I said the wrong thing. ‘It is a sir and your hired make sure you do the right things right, even though you have certainly no experience, it looks like you necessitate a job badly.’ He said haughtily. I held the thought of him insulting me since I need a job badly…