Friend

Class Rule No. 3
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Thoughts swam in her head as she chased after them. A while ago, she was amused on how rash she had been when it came to Lu Han. And now she is doing it again. Sera shook her head and laughed. She must have gone crazy.

 

Why are they running after him? Did he do something bad?

 

Sera tried to figure out the situation because only when she understands everything, will she be able to help him. Yes, him; Lu Han might be tardy, lazy and always sleepy but he would never hurt girls. It’s too much work for him, she argued with inner self.

 

Students were giving them weird looks as they passed but Sera was past the point of caring. They did not provide my scholarship grant and most definitely, they do not have the power to flunk me. They won’t even know my name. She laughed inwardly at her reasoning. Lu Han was right about her.

 

“… And even if you got it wrong, I think it would be understandable since we all make mistakes…”

 

She was too concerned about being perfect so that others would have nothing to say against her and most importantly, her parents. As much as possible, she distanced herself from others and kept to herself. Less interaction, less chances of messing up, was what she always believed in.

 

Running is not a violation. Besides, I’ve worked hard just to keep him awake. Now if those girls tire him out and he ends up falling asleep in class again… She scowled at the implication and increased her pace.

 

Things I do for a frie- She paused. Friend? Is he my… friend?

 

But before she could dwell further on such thoughts, the girly squeals alerted her of what she was supposed to be doing.

 

_____________________

 

How long will I have to run?  Lu Han was close to screaming his head off. If not for his changed lifestyle, his legs would have given way already from exhaustion. Was a nap too much to ask? His class just ended and now, he wouldn't have any sleep for the next couple of hours.

 

Looking behind him, he was amazed at their persistence and endurance. He didn’t mean to avoid them like this but he needed his rest. If not, he would fall asleep in class and Sera-

 

She was so happy that day. And he could only imagine the frustration when he dozes off in class again. Not that he cared about he- he paused momentarily but then made a decision just as quickly. Alright, he could make an exemption with her.

 

A bright light flashed to his right. He was about to ignore it when he noticed it going on and off. He stopped. He was running aimlessly around, wasting his energy that he failed to recognize his surroundings. He was nearing the end of the lower campus and the building to his right where the light was coming from, was the Chemical Sciences building.

 

He didn’t know why but his legs shot off to that direction, with one thought in mind. Sera.

 

Even though he is an irresponsible student, based on Sera’s standards, at least he knows not to disturb other classes. And so he chose not to run inside buildings with a flock of girls on his tail. But if he were to enter through the building’s side entrance, it wouldn’t create much commotion. Why didn’t I think of that?

 

He was about to fall forward upon reaching the hall when a hand shot off from his left side and dragged him behind the staircase. Pony-tail, white shirt, the khaki-colored body bag, jeans and sneakers – it’s Sera.

 

“They’ll see us here,” he whispered in between breaths for the staircase was next to the entrance.

 

But Sera merely silenced him with a finger on her lips. She pushed him back until he found himself inside a cramped room. It was dark but he could smell detergent and wax. The janitor’s closet. He was about to voice his protest when the door slammed shut with him inside.

 

“Sera, what are you doing?” he hissed, the strong odor assaulting his nostrils.

 

“Just stay there,” she demanded.

 

 “Sera,” he whispered, getting a little impatient.

 

No response.

 

“Sera,” he whined this time. “Open the door.”

 

Silence.

 

“Se-“ 

 

He clamped his mouth shut hearing footfalls and the squeaking of shoes on the floor.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“He went inside this building, I am sure.”

 

"We shouldn't have ran after him like that. He would think we are crazy when we only wanted to hang out with him before the VIPs keep him to themselves again."

 

Lu Han need not to guess who the owners of the voices were and finally, decided to cooperate with Sera.

 

“Excuse me, are you students here?”

Please log in to read the full chapter