Him and Her :D

Him and Her :D

 

“Psst. Wake up, sleeping beauty.” 

You feel multiple pokes on your shoulder, but you refuse to open your eyes. 

“Wakeupwakeupwakeup. HOW COULD YOU TREAT YOUR FISHY LIKE THIS?”

You don’t give in, stubborn to get up. “Mmmmmfff…”

“Fine then. You brought this upon yourself.” 

Suddenly, Donghae’s lips are on your cheeks, kissing them non-stop. He continues kissing your face, moving down to your neck, your shoulders. 

“OKAY, OKAY, I’M UP!” you laugh. Opening your eyes, you see Donghae leaning over you with a blissful smile on his face. You’ve been with him for a year already, yet he never fails to stun you with his charismatic presence. But in seconds, the smile fades and he bites his lip. 

“My poor babyfish is sick,” he pouts, shaking his head. He stands up properly and puts his hands on his waist. “What am I gonna do with you? I tell you to stay healthy everyday and you betray me on our anniversary.” 

You frown. “I’m soooo sorry.” 

“You’re forgiven,” he chuckles, moving toward a big basket placed on your table. “I brought some food for you, by the way. Enough healthy stuff for us to celebrate soon properly.” 

Donghae brings out bottles of orange juice, packs of vegetarian sandwiches, and fruits. 

“Eeehhh, you know how much I hate eating healthy,” you tease, bringing your blanket up to your face. He narrows his eyes, grinning. 

“Yeah, that’s why you’re eating the chicken noodle soup first,” he smiles as he takes a Styrofoam bowl from the basket. “Cooked it myself.”

He sits beside you on your bed and stirs the soup, blowing it before bringing the spoon to your lips. He opens his mouth wide for you to do the same. “Say ahhh…”

You can’t help but giggle. “Ahhh…”

The taste of the noodle soup is rich and delicious. 

“That good?” Donghae asks, attempting to read your expression. You nod vigorously, and your appetite abruptly bursts with craving. He spoon-feeds you some more, but you notice he is unusually silent.

“Aren’t you mad at me?” you ask.

“Mad at you? Why would I be mad at you?”

“Because I ruined all our plans today.”

“Aw, sweetie, it’s not your fault, okay?” he assures, tucking a lock of hair behind your ear.

“Then what’s wrong? You have this weird look on your face,” you accuse.  

Donghae sighs deeply, and shakes his head. “When…when you told me you were sick, to be honest, I was so afraid for a moment back there, you know? It brought me back to the past, when my dad first learned about his cancer and told us about it.” 

His eyes are now watery. You reach for his hand and grasp it tight, fighting the urge to cry as well. 

“And I don’t want to lose anyone else whom I love,” he whispers. “…most especially you.” 

“Donghae,” you say, holding his hand tighter than ever. 

“Ah, I forgot to tell you. I left your anniversary present at home,” he tells you. “But I’ve been meaning to give this to you as well. Please accept it.” 

He lets go of your hand and loosens the silver bracelet on his wrist. He then takes your right hand back and places it on your own wrist. You shake your head as he does so. 

“I can’t possibly accept this. This bracelet means so much to you! You’ve had it for years. You can’t just give it to me, I—,” you start coughing again. He pats your back gently. 

“That’s what you get for talking too much,” he chuckles. “And I’m giving my bracelet to you because you mean more to me than anything or anyone else does right now. I’ve treasured it all throughout these years because my mother gave it to me. Now I want you to have it, because I treasure you so much.” 

He laces your fingers with his and kisses them. “Don’t take it off, okay? Think of me whenever you look at it.” 

You stare at his silver bracelet encircling your wrist, then back at him. His eyes are sparked with so much promise and love. You see a future in him. You see possibilities in him. You see everything in him. 

“I love you. So much,” you cry, throwing your arms around his neck. “There’s so much things I want to say and—oh crap, you might catch my fever.”

You scoot as far away from him as you can. 

“HEY! I don’t care if I get sick. I want you here, in my arms, NOW,” he growls playfully. You spit your tongue at him. 

“Fat chance, fish.”

“You asked for it.” 

He collapses on the space beside you on your bed, squeezing in between whatever gap was left in the middle of the both of you. You laugh as he seizes you in his arms and kisses your forehead, before pulling the blanket over to cover your whole body. You rest your head on his chest, hearing the sound of his heartbeat ringing in your ears. 

“You know what?” he says, very quietly. “Don’t freak out, okay?”

“Sure,” you slur, feeling tired and sleepy again all of a sudden. 

“I know it’s only been a year, but I’m positive I’ll marry you someday.”

“Same here,” you yawn, smiling. “Is that a proposal?”

“Something like that.”

“Then I say yes.”

He snickers and reaches for a cold towel inside the basket and presses it on your forehead to relieve your temperature. The both of you stay like that for a long time. 

“Hey, you still awake, future Mrs. Lee Donghae?” he tries, your cheek. 

“Mmmm.”

“I love you. Just wanted you to know.”

“I love you too.”

“Stay healthy, okay?” 

You don’t even try to think of the future anymore. All you care about is him, right now, holding you in his arms as you fall asleep, because you love him, and he loves you.


CHAPTER TWO UP!