Hug

Mirror Mirror

Narrator's POV

The Original raced after her old love in the cold, desperate not to lose him in the crowd, desperate not to lose him again. Her heart beated heavily against her chest, pumping blood all over her body. She breathed heavily, fog coming out of . 

She could barely see him. Barely. She kept her eyes glued on his brown fluffy hair. Not wanting to lose sight of him for even a moment, she kept her eyes wide open, not blinking. Tears blurred her sore eyes, but she ignored it. 

"Luhan!" She croaked out as she slowed to stop. 

Luhan froze. Though it was soft, he heard his name. 

"Luhan..." She said again, clearer. She panted heavily, tears streaming down her face. Tears from not blinking. Tears from seeing her love. Tears of happiness, of sadness. 

He slowly turned around to see her metres away. It seemed that time froze between the two. The crowd continued walking on, talking, laughing, but the two just stared at each other. Stared into each other's eyes. Luhan smiled and said, "Oh hi!"

She didn't know how to react. She bit her lip and wiped her teats away. 

Luhan slowly walked towards her and asked, "How've you been?" ~~~~~ looked at her love, confused. She was certain he knew she was dead. Certain. Why was he acting so... so... casual? When she didn't reply, Luhan worriedly asked, "Are you alright? How are things with... Kai? Have the two of you made up yet?"

He knew Kai? The Original was so confused. 

Luhan awkwardly scratched his head, "Uhm... sorry for prying into your private matters... But are you ok? Last time you just ran off."

"L-last time?" She finally croaked out.

"When I found you in the rain, remember?" Luhan raised an eyebrow, worriedly. "Is there something wrong? You seem a bit out of it today."

~~~~~ smiled. "I'm fine. Yeah, I remember. Uhm... that was... because I remember I had something important to attend to." I guess he's met my clone... but doesn't he wonder why we're... so similar? 

"Oh, I see." He nodded slowly. He leaned in closer and peered at her face. "Have you... been crying?"

She shook her head and smiled, "No, it's just the dust." She waved it away.

He nodded and smiled angelically. It made her knees weaken. That smile that she fell so hard for. That smile that just broke her heart so damn badly, because it reminded her of everything that had happened. "Don't cry anymore. You look prettier when you smile." He patted her head.

She felt her cheeks warm up. Luhan's just so nice and sweet to everyone... or is it because Kim ~~~~~ is just like me? Is that why he's so nice to her... ah well, me?

Luhan looked at his watch and said, "Well, I've got to go now. I have a special dinner I need to go to."

A special dinner? With who? 

"So... see you soon!" Luhan smiled and turned around.

"L-Luhan." He turned around, smiling. "Can I... have a hug before you go?" It had slipped out of without her knowing. She bit her lip. Wow... real cool ~~~~~, real cool. 

Luhan seemed taken back but smile and nodded. He took a step towards ~~~~~ and wrapped his arms around her waist. Her eyes widened, before slowly tearing up again. She closed them tightly, and smiled. It felt good in his arms. His familiar, safe arms. She hugged him back, tightly, embracing him and the moment. She breathed in his sweet nostalgic scent.  

Luhan held tightly onto ~~~~~, without realizing. Hugging her felt like hugging ~~~~~, his ~~~~~, Lee ~~~~~. He breathed in long but softly, filling himself with her sweet scent. He smiled. She smells just like my ~~~~~.

*****

Kai looked at the clock that ticked on the wall. He smiled at The Clone and said, "I wonder what's take ~~~~~ so long."

She look down at the table. 

Minutes past, in silence. Kai sighed in frustration and stood up from his seat. ~~~~~ looked up at him. "Why's she taking so long? It's been half an hour!" He exclaimed. "I'm going in to check on her."

~~~~~ grabbed his arm and shook her head, "Kai... I'll go in. You stay here."

He looked at her, unsurely before nodding. He sat back down on his seat. "Quickly."

She nodded and smiled before walking to the female restroom. She went inside and checked all the stalls. There was nobody inside except for herself. "Where is she?" She muttered.

Narrator's POV End

*****