A favor.

His Aura [Hiatus]

 

“Kevin!!!!!!!” Shouts Chunji, Kevin’s little sister.

“What?! Why’d you scream so loud!!!”

“Did you not hear what I just said?!” She blurts at him. “Jeez you !”

“S-sorry! I was thinking of something.”

“Right... Anyway, dad is going on his business trip again. So this weekend I’m going to be at my friend's house for a sleepover. So you have to watch the house ok?”

“What?! That’s not fair!”

“It is to me!” Chunji exclaim and walk off into the kitchen.

“Jeez, what the heck...” Kevin frown and pull his eyes back to the TV. ‘Shoot, I was still thinking about him...’ Kevin narrow his eyes to the screen. ‘This is weird... This had never happened before. Why was I unable to see his aura? For as long as I can remember, I’ve been able to see people’s auras.’ He grabs the remote and flip the channels.

“Ney, Kevin!” Chunji shout from the kitchen. Kevin look up from his position.

“Mwol?” Chunji was silent for a second. She slowly makes her way to him.

“I... Want to ask you something...” She said. Chunji wasn’t her usual dramatic self.

“Mwol?”

“A-about your aura readings...” She slowly mumbles.

“Mwol! Just get on with it already!” Kevin blurt. Chunji abruptly smack him on the head. “Ah! What the heck?!”

“Let me take my time gosh!!!” Chunji said and glare at Kevin.

“Sheesh...”

“Well anyway... Today there was this, guy...” She starts. ‘Oh no... Here it comes...’

“And?”

“You know... Can you check out his aura before I do anything else.” She quietly murmurs to him. Kevin look at her for a second.

“Do anything else?” Kevin repeat. Chunji smack his head again. “Ah! Sheesh! Are you sure about that!?” Kevin blurt. Chunji look down and give him a slight nod.

“I’m actually scared to finally use your gift for once but... I think, I really found the one for me this time...” Chunji slowly whisper and blush. Kevin look at his sister. ‘Wow, this is a first... Since she’s a first year I would figure it will happen eventually.’ Kevin look at his sister as she slowly start to blush.

“Found the one? Isn't he the first guy you like?"


"Shut up! Someone like you wouldn't know."

"True..." Kevin agree and watch as Chunji sink into this fragile mode she never had on before. "You really like this guy huh?”

“Y-ye...” Chunji mumble. Kevin sigh. Light red luminosity, not necessarily pink, hovers over her head. It slowly wraps itself around her whole body. ‘The aura is Crush...’ Kevin thought. He actually names the auras is sees. Well a kind of label, is more like it.

“Fine. I will check him out for you. Just show him to me anytime tomorrow and I’ll see.” Kevin inform. “But you owe me.” Chunji look up and blush.

“T-thanks...” She squeaks and quickly turns away. ‘Hm, Happy overtaking Crush.


“Kevin what abo-”

“Sorry! Sorry! People I am busy today!!! I have to leave early!” He shouts to his classmates as and starts stuffing his textbooks and notebooks into his bag.

“Eh?! Really?!” A lot of the girls shout. Some of the guys frown and some ignore them. The truth is... With Kevin being so popular, he doesn't really have a single good friend. He’s actually pretty lonely. Kevin smiles and wave to some of the girls as they finally decide to leave school early for once. Ever since The Readings Club, a lot of the girl have been hanging out after school. Kevin push in his chair and walk to the door. Doradora, his ringtone, came on as he enters the hall. He looks at his phone.

“Chunji?” He flips it open. Yes, he have a flip phone. “What is it Chunji?”

“Ney Kevin! Remember last night?! Well... Can you head home first. I want to go ask him if he’s willing to come over for a little bit to our house first.”

“Mwol? Are you stupid?! How can you trust this guy enough to take him to your house already?”

“Don’t worry! I KNOW he’s not a bad person! just head home first and wait for me. Beside grandma is probably there already to drop by and see dad off.” Kevin make his way to the first floor and head towards the exit. “Just wait at home and don’t go anywhere! Thanks bye!” She exclaims and hangs up.

“Wait! Oi!” Kevin exhale in frustration. “This girl is too dumb...” He mumbles and walk out onto the school’s front entrance. Right before exiting he sees him. Yes, the pretty boy from yesterday. He was talking to some second year. Still, there was no aura that surrounded him. ‘What the hell...'’ Kevin thought. He looks at the pretty boy one last time and walk off. ‘I hope I don’t see him anymore. He makes me feel uneasy...’


“Ye grandma... We’ll behave... Yes... Chunji will be home in a bit... Ye... Ye... Ok bye... You too.” Kevin said into his flip phone as he munches onto an apple. Kevin was doing nothing again, just watching TV. It was already six and Chunji haven’t even brought the guest home. ‘Jeez, any later than this and I won’t read his aura anymore...’ He complains and takes another bite. Just then, the doorbell rings. “Well, it’s about time.” He sighs and walks over to the door. The bell ring again. “Coming!!!” Kevin take another bite out of his apple and unlock the door. Suddenly, Chunji swings it open.

“OPPA!!!” She shouts.

“Wah!” Kevin yelp as he take a step back. “Jeez you craze!” Chunji was smiling with Happy on her head. ‘Well good to know.’

“You look unkept!" She blurts. Kevin ignore her. "Anyway oppa, he’s here!” She excitingly announces and step aside a little. Appearing from the dim light outside Kevin look at him. The guy takes a step forward and hold out his hand. Kevin’s eyes widen.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Shin Dongho.” He greets. Exactly like the first time he did. In the same tone, voice, touch, stance, face, hair, eyes, skin, smile... But no aura...