5

When I Saw You

A rather short chapter :3 I'm changing my notes to highlighted pale blue instead of highlighted lime green, so it's not distracting for you guys :p Thank you for the reader that pointed that out n_n If it's still distracting; let me know~

Kris will make fun of me til no end if he sees this. Well actually, he won't, but I'm just afraid anyway. Luhan scrolls through his photos, all of them mainly from the showcases EXO held a few days ago. When he went to the showcases, obviously he went solo. If any of his friends found out that he takes an interest in a younger group, a younger male rookie group... Luhan really isn't sure what they'll all think of him. He suddenly gets all excited, reminding himself of the offer Professor Yoo has proposed to him and Kris. He never would have even thought a chance like this would come. He was already happy that he was lucky enough to be able to attend the showcases, and now he's going to... Film them? This is unreal, he pinched himself to make sure this is reality and not a state of dream he's floating in.

"Owww", he whines as he released his cheeks, "so this is real". He spent the afternoon watching the showcases from both Korea and China, reliving the excitement of being there live. Occasionally he was even able to catch a glimpse of his small head when the camera shot the audience. He looks at the clock, and it's already 7pm. "Omo, it's already this late! I'll just make dinner and go watch Running Man now then."


Kris pulls into a parking space in front of the noraebang place. A few guys were at the front of the noraebang, waving in the direction of Kris. Kris turns off the engine of his car and steps out, walking over to join the group of waving guys. There were three guys, all around Kris' age. One was Yixing, staring off into space. The two guys behind him were looking at the various posters outside of the store, ou-ing and aw-ing, pointing at different idol groups.

"Hey guys! I'm not late right?", Kris greets them. Yixing looks up, finally realizing that Kris has arrived. The other two turn around to face Kris, still commenting on the idol groups.

"Ayo Kris!", one of the two with an extremely angular face greets him.

"Jongdae-ah... Your face is so deceiving... If I didn't know you well enough, I'd be very confused", Kris shakes his head at Jongdae.

"Come onnnnnn, let's go in already! This noraebang just added steamed buns onto their menu, I want to try them!", the other one with an angular face with chubby cheeks yanks at Yixing's arm, dragging him into the noraebang. They face the receptionist and ordered their room.

"Minseok, why don't you order the food and we'll head in the room first?", Kris asks the bun faced guy, and Minseok nods in agreement, eyes on the menu poster. Kris, Yixing and Jongdae walk down the hall to noraebang room #12. The room is small, but spacious, a good size for the four of them. Once Yixing saw the mics, it was like the walking dead came back alive. He takes a mic and the remote, punching in song numbers non stop.

"Aigoo, there he goes again. Once you put him in a noraebang, he goes wild. I don't know anyone who loves to sing at noraebangs more than him", Jongdae sighs, hanging up his bag and Yixing jacket because Yixing flung it off messily onto the couch when they went in. Kris laughs, his eyes going into two half moons (SEE WHAT I DID THUR OHOHOHO), watching the oblivious Yixing, already breaking into a song. He starts singing a Chinese song, Endless Love (the song he briefly covered at the Yin Yue Tai interview which I adorb oh so much /sobbing). The melodious, emotional tune fills the room. Yixing's voice range is tenor. Despite having a higher voice range, his ballad singing is very soft and soothing to hear. The the last beat is played and Yixing puts down the mic. The final score came out to be, wait for it... 97! Jongdae and Kris' jaws drop, but they really aren't too surprised. Yixing doesn't look like he does much, but when it comes to singing and dancing, he's the best.

"Who wants to sing EXO-K with me after?", Yixing turns and asks the two of them.

"Yixing, you like EXO-K?", Kris is surprised, knowing that Tao likes them, possibly Luhan too and now Yixing also. Yixing goes over to sit beside Kris, leaning back, sinking into the couch. Jongdae takes the mic and starts singing in the background. Minseok and the receptionist enter the room with two trays filled with glasses of water, spicy chicken and... A lot of fluffy, big, steamed buns. Both Kris and Yixing grab a glass of water, setting it before them on the table.

"Yeah, I do. I didn't think I'd like any of these male idol groups, especially a rookie group. But EXO-K is really good. Visual, vocal, dance; they have them all. I'm really impressed with them, a little jealous too, I guess...", Yixing looks down, his face blank once again. "Yah Kris".

"Hmm?", Kris drinks out of his glass of water, swallowing before answering, "What?"

"You talked to Luhan today right? Is he okay?"

"Yeah. Wait, why do you ask?"

"Because I saw him at the faculty building today. He was in a rush and didn't seem to want to talk to me."

"Well, he's definitely not busy because he said he'd go back to the dorm."

"Luhan told me that he's catching a new show, that's why he's not coming to noraebang."

"There's no new show, he always watches Running Man at this time. He never misses any Running Man episode", Kris speaking the truth, leaving the two of them confused.

"Really? But he said he forgot the name of the show."

"There is no way, that he would ever forget the name of Running Man. He worships this show... He's acting kind of weird today, I wonder what's up with him", Kris says.

"Luhan is usually pretty attentive, but when I saw him today by the elevator, he didn't even look and just bumped into me", Yixing looking at Kris now.

"I'll check up on him when I get home tonight, but now Luhan aside, let's just sing our hearts out, aight?", Kris smiles.

"Yes, Kris ge ah, you're singing MAMA with me!"

"MAMA?"

"That's EXO-K's promotional song."

"Oh", Kris sighs, "Fine, alright then".


After singing at noraebang, and being stuffed multiple meat buns down his throat by Minseok, Kris feels his throat slightly sore but at least now he's finally back home. He walks into his apartment, and find his living room occupied by not only Luhan, but Tao also. A smile automatically comes on at the sight of Tao, and Kris takes of his shoes.

"I'm back~ Tao, you're here too? It's so late".

"Yeah, I dropped off jiejie at her hotel and it was still early. I called Luhan ge to see if he's free, and he invited me over to sleep overnight. It's a little boring to live by myself, so I hope you don't mind me coming over". Tao has such cute eye bags, and even cuter when he talks so innocently. Kris pets Tao on the head and ruffles his hair.

"Of course you can. If Luhan's fine with it, then I would be fine with it too". please, you want him here more than I do. Luhan smiles michieviously at Kris, hoping Kris can read the message on his face. Kris understood beamed at him, mouthing Shut up Lulu. Kris pulls our a styrofoam box out of the plastic bag he brought him with him.

"Guys, I brought some late night snack from noraebang", and he opens up a box of mildly warm, steamed buns. Tao's sniffles, attracted by the aroma of the Chinese buns. Kris sees, and gives Tao and Luhan both a bun. The three of them chewed away on the buns as they watch Densha Otoko on the couches.

"Whoa, no! Why is she being like this", Kris yells at the TV.

"I feel so bad for him", Tao's eyes swollen from crying. Kris puts his arm around his dongsaeng's shoulder, patting him on the shoulder.

"Tao-ah, it's just a movie", Luhan reminds him.

"I know, but it's so sad. Why can't she open up eyes and understand his feelings. He's been hiding so much and trying so hard to be accepted by her". Luhan looks over at Tao, feeling a little empty hearing what he just said. It's so hard to be a fan of EXO-K without telling anyone. Especially hiding it away from his best friend, also his cousin. Even Tao too! Tao is a fan too, but Luhan just can't seem to open up about it because... He feels more than admiration for the group. He's never felt this way before. He keeps telling himself, No, they're just really handsome, and I'm just really jealous and that is all that I'm feeling, but he can't convince himself enough. I can't be attracted to them right? I don't know, oh dear god, what am I feeling? No, I'm just a fan, just a fan. As Luhan get lost in his thoughts, the movie comes to an end. Tao fell asleep due to his tired eyes. Kris picks up Tao and walks toward the bedroom.

"Fan-ah, let Tao sleep in my room. I can just sleep on the couch tonight".

"Oh... I was going to share my bed with him since mine will fit two people", Kris blushes.

"Ah... Well, I guess whatever floats your boat then", Luhan teases. Kris rolls his eyes and head into the bedroom. Luhan cleans up the living room area and goes back to his room also. He doesn't sleep yet though, instead he goes onto the laptop once again. Ehehe, it's still early so I'll just watch a few teasers then go to sleep. He plugs his earbuds into his ears, and clicks play. As he goes through the teasers and get to the sixteenth teaser, without noticing, his door cracks open and Kris comes in.

"Luhan-ah", Kris rubs his eyes, "did you take my 4men cd? It helps me sleep and I can't find it". Luhan's back is facing him, with earbuds still plugged in, he didn't hear anything that just happened. Kris wakes up a little more, his senses more clear now and sees what Luhan is doing. What the... EXO? Teasers? "Yah, Luhan", Luhan still sitting, unmoved. "YAH! Lu! Han!", Kris taps Luhan on his back. Luhan jumps at the touch of Kris' hands, whipping his head around to look at him.

"What are you doing up so late? And what are you watc-"

"AHHHH! KRIS! NO, IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS!"

"Wait, what am I supposed to think?". Luhan frozen in his chair, stunned, and Kris stands in front of him with a judging look.