1

When I Saw You

"Noona, there's a piece of hair sticking out of Chanyeol's head. And that part isn't crimped", Sehun noted to the cordi noona as she frantically fights against time.


"Positions everyone! EXO-K, on in two!" a man with a headset on thunders down the hall, probably an FD of the show. 

The boys successfully finished the first round of promotions last week, now preparing for their second Music Bank stage. Sehun's skin tingles, nerves shooting through his body despite this is their second MuBank stage. He tries to calm down with deep breaths. Inhaleexhale, he tells himself. They've been training for this for so long, there should be no worries. Last week was a bit of a disaster, but all the fans were so understanding and kept cheering them on. Knowing that, he felt warm again.

"Sehun ah, you alright? Your face is all scrunched up" an angelic face appears from behind, smiling sympathetically, patting Sehun on the head.

"Joonmyun hyung, how can you keep a smile on your face all the time?"

"I'm not sure... It's the fans I suppose. Everyone in the audience is always screaming, but there's always at least one person in the crowd, watching me with so much attention; they are the ones that give me energy to perform. Not for myself, but for them" Joonmyun smiles with his eyes, allowing the outer corners of his eyes go into a natural curve. So I just have to find that one person to focus on then, Sehun thinks to himself. Lost in his own whirlwind of thoughts, he walks into the studio with the other members. They all had their black capes and hoods on, preparing to film the intro scene for the stage.

Sehun looks around at the audience. Girls, girls, noonas, really young girls, oh and there's a boy, and there's one too. They go to their cued spots, ready to shoot.

"Sorry, can you two switch spots? The screen balance would be better because of the height difference, no offense" a young cameraman with a beanie cap on instructs Sehun and Chanyeol to switch spaces. The two follows the instruction, careful to not step on each others' capes. 

"Eeeeeeeeeee I get to stand closer to Bacon! Hi bacon!" Chanyeol shows a big smile with gleaming white teeth, waving at Baekhyun with just inches apart from each other.

"Shhhhh! I told you not to call me that!" Baekhyun protests, his face red like a piece of cooked bacon. Sehun looks over and those two were playing sword fighting with their fingers. He thinks to himself, why are my hyungs such derps and why do I have to deal with them like this all the time? 

----

The MuBank staff rush to set up the performance stage as the boys strip off their capes and hoods, revealing their shinny stage outfits. Sehun looks around, still hoping to find someone to focus on, with thirty seconds left until their first take. 

"Everyone is ready?" a rather handsome, tall PD questions in a demanding tone. 

They all turn around, and kneels down into their formation. Sehun his lips and the music starts. The lights are hot, sweat starts to form under the thick garments he is clothed in, feeling a drip of sweat trickling down his chest. He gets nervous, but still gathers enough strength to execute his moves flawlessly. He catches camera #1, walk to the back, now camera #4, slide to the side. The lights are blinding, prohibiting him from seeing the audience clearly. I guess this is okay then, TURNBACK, I can't really see anyone out there anyway. He notices there's been one camera that constantly catches him, and him only. The scream rap comes on, and the cameraman shifts a little to the side, revealing their face. If Sehun wasn't in his throbbing move already, he would have fell over by the shock of seeing this face. Someone so young somehow made it into the TV station as the cameraman is one question floating in his mind, another is, how are they a cameraman when they're so... Handsome? Pretty? Sehun wasn't sure at all if they were female or male. 

The boys slowly drag their feet, finishing off the last move; hands go down. 

"OK CUT! Good run, no need to do a re-run" the tall PD speaks with his deep tone. Sehun goes out of the tableau and swings his head around. The stage lights go off and everything was clear again.