The Battle Royal

The Battle Royal

"But Gege!" Tao screamed as Xiumin stormed through the dorm with a frown firmly in place on his face. This is how it is everyday. Either they love one another or hate one another. Happy selcas or name calling. Gucci shopping and eating or wush vs Taekwondo. Day in and day out. The maknae and the Hyung. 
 
Me, I sit and watch the whole thing going on. In my corner, not wanting to interfere. It's very entertaining to watch the flying objects, Jong Dae not know what is happening, Lu Han gege trying his best to calm them, Duizhang raging with his dragon power and putting them both in a time out.  
 
"Yi Xing! Did you see me bring the steamed buns in yesterday? Didn't you see ME put it in the fridge?" Minseok hyung yells at me in his anger fit. I just quietly nod to not infuriate Zi Tao any more than he was. 
"But I didn't know you were gonna eat them!" Tao yelled. 
"THEY WERE STEAMED BUNS!" Ge screamed. 
"YOU LEFT THEM THERE!" Tao shouted. 
"THEY WERE MINE!" Ge screeched. 
"Stop." Kris gege finally stepped in between the Mandarin and Korean war to try to settle things between the older and younger. "What the is going on? What happened this time." 
With that question asked the mix of Korean and Mandarin became too much for everyone as they both tried to explain their stories. The flurry of words had me in a daze as I laughed at the irritation on Kris ge's face. "He said.." in Korean. "I didn't even.." In Mandarin. "Mine!" Korean. "Mine!" in Mandarin. "Duizhang!" In Korean? "Hyung!" in Mandarin? 
 
"Okay...." Ge carefully pulled Tao to one corner and Minseok ge in the other. "Now until you two can learn to speak proper.....LANGUAGE, you will stay there." I try to hold my laughs in as he walks out of the room to his trusty aspirin bottle.  
 
There was silence in the dorm for a complete two hours. We, Jong Dae, Lu Han ge and I, all sat together trying to put together the mess we heard awhile ago. 
"I thought they were having fun yesterday." Jong Dae said in his cluelessness. 
"Yeah but it was something about..." Lu Han ge thinks about his words as they became mushed in his head. I open my mouth to speak but was interrupted by a soft spoken boy. 
 
"Gege...." Tao got up from his seat and walked toward Kris' room. "I'm sorry..." He looks down and the tears began. The tears that Kris cannot stay mad at. 
"Duizhang.." We heard as Minseok ge walked into the room  too. A quiet fell over us again as we waited to see what happens.... 
"HE ATE MY FOOD!" Minseok suddenly yelled as he clung onto Duizhangs arm. 
"B-BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS HIS!" Zi Tao could not be beaten. He clung Kris geges other side and looks at him. "IT WAS JUST THERE WITH NO NAME AND...I WAS HUNGRY!" His pout was one that could knock out an army. His eyes filled with tears as his soft voice cracked while talking. 
 
Minseok puffed his cheeks out as cute as possible and whines lightly. "Duizhang~~" He stomped his foot lightly and tugs on Kris sleeve. "BUT IT WAS STEAMED BUNS! AND AND AND THERE WERE 10 OF THEM! He didn't even save me any..." His eyes watered as he looked up at Duizhang and his pout stayed firmly on his face. 
Oh the cuteness of it all. The aegyo filled the house and down with Lu Han gege with a fit of giggles. His weak heart was over come by the two and their charms. 
 
Kris gege on the other hand, stood there, withstanding the pulling, whining and tears to get to the end of this dispute. He gritted his teeth and closed his eyes before taking a deep breath. 
 
"He didn't put his name on them." Zi Tao pointed out. 
"You knew they weren't yours to begin with." Minseok retorted. 
 
While Gege regained his strength, they fought. They argued. They debated. The tension in the dorm was so high it was hard to move. I have never seen a fight like this. So interesting. I moved closer to the room only to get pushed aside as Minseok gege stormed out. 
 
"I bought them Zi Tao!" He said as he went into the room they shared. 
 
"Well gege I wanted to taste them!" The younger followed him and watched him curiously. Kris ge, Jong Dae and I followed. Minseok gege looked around the room in rage and the reason he ate them. 
"You wanted to taste them?" He frowned as he repeated the sentence and held up a pair of Tao's favorite Gucci shades. "Well I wanna see these fly." he then tossed them out the window and onto the ground seven floors below. 
 
Another silence fell on the dorm followed by and loud wail. "GEGE!!!!" Zi Tao felt his heart break as the beautiful shades were sent out the window to be shattered on the ground. He clung to Jong Dae and looked at him with a pitiful 'Why?' look on his face. Jong Dae, on the other hand, decided it would be best to stay out of this. 
 
"Hyung!" Kris was not prepared for that and he quickly went to grab the short gege but as he approached him, Minseok ge quickly changed his angry face to a cute pout and practically tackled Kris ge with more whining and tears. 
"Gege!" Tao cried but to no avail. Kris was too busy trying to stop Minseok ge from crying. I too, was rubbing his back in a comforting way. He seemed so upset and distraught I couldn't help but want to cuddle him. 
This did not sit well with Zi Tao. No it didn't at all. He continued to call out but was ignored. His anger welled up inside at the attention Minseok ge was getting for his aegyo. Tao, with all his might, yelled and screamed and cried out for attention.  
"Ge..ge.." He said through sobs as his tears ran down his face because he was being ignored. "B..bbuing...bbuing!" he choked out and fell to his.. 
 
=========================================================== 
Lay looked up from the computer he had been sitting at for the passed two hours and stretched. "But gege!" he heard Tao yell from a back room before seeing Minseok storm out.  
 
"Yi Xing. Didn't you see me bring these buns in?" He said angrily and Lay just nodded in response as Tao starts to yell again. 
Lay gets up and goes into his room quickly to get Lu Han. "I told you this would happen!" He whispered into the older boys ear. "Look."