My Heart Jumped a Little

Our Secret Place

“Annyeonghaseyo, joneun _______-imnida. Bangapseumnida.” She bowed.

“Now guys, _______ is your new classmate. Help her to know this school, arasso?” Jang-sunsaengnim said to the class.

“Ne, sunsaengnim.” replied the whole class.

“_______ you can sit there, beside that brown-haired boy, Kyuhyun.” She pointed at the boy who’s staring out at the window.

_______ sat next to him. This Kyuhyun guy doesn’t seem to care. Well, that’s fine. _______ thought to herself.

 

Recess time. 2 girls came to _______. They introduced themselves. The short-haired girl is Minhye and the long-haired one is Taera. They’re very friendly towards _______.

“_______-ah, uhm.” Taera seem to tell _______ something.

“Waeyo, Taera-ssi?” _______ asked her.

“Uhm, we want to warn you actually. Don’t be too close to Kyuhyun.

“Wae?” she asked with innocent face.

“Well, if you get too close to him, his so-mean girlfriend that we hate will bully you.”

“Jinjja? But, isn’t that harsh? I mean, what if we’re only friends? What’s her name?”

“Seohyun. That girl. The girl with curly hair. Ah, jinjja, she looks so pretty with that hair.” Minhye pointed a girl who’s walking with Kyuhyun with her arm locks in Kyuhyun’s hand. They both are walking to Kyuhyun’s chair.

“She looks kind, you know.” _______ said.

Taera raised one of her eyebrows. “Don’t get tricked by her not-so-innocent face. Trust us, we’ve been bullied by her just because Kyuhyun was our math partner.”

 

“Oppa, whose bag is this? I thought you seat alone.” Seohyun asked Kyuhyun, pointing at _______’s bag.

“Oh, that’s _______’s bag. She’s my new classmate. There she is. The one beside Minhye.” Kyuhyun pointed at _______. Heard that Kyuhyun mentioned her name, she stared blankly at Kyuhyun.

Seohyun came to the girls (Minhye, Taera, _______).

“Ya, what’s your name.” she asked harshly to _______

“_______. Waeyo, Seohyun-ssi? Isn’t that harsh to talk in informal to a new student?” _______ replied her in informal tone also. She is very honest and hates impolite people. Seeing that _______ was brave to talked back at her, Seohyun stay quiet for awhile. No one has ever talked back to me, she thought herself. On the other side, _______ who saw Seohyun that quite shock because she talked back to her, smirked to her.

“I don’t care. I warn you, _______, don’t ever dare to get so close to Kyuhyun oppa.” Seohyun threaten _______. Then she went to Kyuhyun, gave him a kiss and left.

But when Seohyun wanted to kiss Kyuhyun, _______ shouted, “Ya! Who wants to get too close to him anyway!” and made Kyuhyun kinda shocked.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, tell your girlfriend to keep her attitude. Especially to the new students. Really, she acts like a (censored).” Minhye told Kyuhyun.

“Yeah. Before I could ruin her so-perfect-face.” Taera also said.

Kyuhyun feels guilty. “Arasso. Mianhae yeorobeun. _______-ah, mianhae. I’ll talk to her. I want to break up with her anyway.” And he smiled to _______ which made _______ jumped a little bit.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, we didn’t mean that you have break up with her.” Minhye said.

“Aniyo. Gwenchana. I really want to break up with her after all.” Kyuhyun sat on his chair, followed by _______ since the bell already rang. Students go back to their classes.

 

“Aish, babo. I forgot to bring my textbook.” _______ hit her head when she realized that she left her social studies textbook at home.

“You left your book, _______-ssi?” Kyuhyun asked her.

“Ne. Kyuhyun-ssi, does the teacher mean?”

“Yes. He’s one of the killer teacher in this school.”

After that, _______’s face looked depressed. Ottoke? What if the teacher punish me?”

Knowing that _______ is confused, Kyuhyun gave his book infront of _______.

“Eh? Aniyo, Kyuhyun-ssi. You don’t need to do that.” She pushed the book to Kyuhyun.

“But I want to lend you the book.” He pushed his book back to _______. And the pushing-book war has begun.

“Okay, class. Open your book on page 98.” Jang sunsaengnim suddenly popped up. Too late for _______ to pushed Kyuhyun’s book back to him. Jang sunsaengnim’s eyes watching the students one by one.

“Aha! Kyuhyun-ssi, may I know where’s your book?”

_______ wanted to tell the teacher that she’s the one that didn’t bring the book, but Kyuhyun suddenly held her left hand and hold it tighter. It means he said just don’t say anything. _______ feels nervous when Kyuhyun held her hand.