♥ "I want to protect you from a future" ♥

Love U Like U

"Mom?" I shouted as I slowly walked down the stairs with Myungsoo behind me. We both had our boxes in a gym bag on our backs and our keys around our neck. "Mom?" I repeated, going from room to room.
"It looks like she's not here," Myungsoo said, looking around the kitchen. I stood in the empty family room, guilt and panic both starting to build up in me until I felt my phone vibrate against my leg.
"It's her," I breathed a sigh of relief and picked up, "Umma, where are you?"
"_________________," I could tell her voice was shaking, "do not try to look for us, do you understand?"
"Yeah but-"
"No buts. Right now, you and Myungsoo are in danger. Your father and I are safe. When Myungsoo came back in, he told us to go hide somewhere far. We called cause we just wanted to tell you before...." I heard sniffles and my mom let out a little sob, "before it's too late that we never wanted to leave you by yourself. We feel horrible for not being there for you during those confusing times sweetie. We never wanted things to be like this...but you were destined for greater things than what we could ever prepare you for. Your father and I are...." There was a pause. More sniffles. More tears. More crying. "...we're proud of you ______________. And we know you and Myungsoo can through this. We have to hang up now but always remember that we love you...no matter what happens."

The instant the phone went dead, Myungsoo's arms appeared around my waist, hugging me tightly to his body.
"You ok?" he whispered into my ear, his breath tickling my ear. I nodded, turning to face him.
"We have like 3 minutes. Probably should hurry."

He caught my wrist as I started walking into the kitchen, swinging me back in front of him. With his free hand, he wipped away the tears that silently fell down my face without me even knowing.
"Better?" he asked, kissing my forehead. I nodded again, except this time, I meant it. But my feelings were gonna have to take a backseat. Right now, our lives were on the line, and I was not planning on dying today.

"2 minutes," I reminded him, pointing at the boxes that were now sitting on the kitchen table.
He ran over to them and tossed me the silver one.
"Take it and run. Just get as far away as possible from him, understand?"
"What about you?"
"I'm gonna finish what I started."

"Be safe ok?" I said, giving him a quick peck on the lips.
Before I could wlak away, Myungsoo hooked one arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. He leaned down and put his soft lips on top of mine, kissing me as if it was going to be the last time. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss as his hug got tighter, pulling me closer to him.
"Come back to me," he whispered when we finally broke apart, our foreheads touching. He smiled then leaned in and kissed my nose. "I love you _______________."
"I love you too."


Myungsoo opened the back door and tip toed out, avoiding every single dead leaf and twig that was on the ground. I followed closely behind, always looking back to make sure Lee Chung didn't appear out of no where.
We made it to my mom's car parked a block away from the house and got in. As Myungsoo started the engine, I was on lookout duty, making sure a Korean guy with a gun didn't jump out at us.

"You can sit back down now," he said, tugging at the end of my jacket.
"You sure oppa? Cause I can totally-"
"I told you, we'll be fine," he patted my head as we drove past buildings, finally getting onto the highway. "We're on the highway now see? We'll be at the airport soon."

I sighed, leaning back into the chair.
Beside me, trees and bushes wizzed by as Myungsoo drove along the highway.
It almost seemed weird to have peace and quiet for once.

"You should get some sleep," he said, laying one of his hands on my lap.
"I can't. I keep thinking."
"About what?"
"About all this. About my parents. About our future....if we even have one."
"We do," he gave my lao a small squeeze. "I'll make sure we do."

And that was when I saw it.
We literally had no time to react.
No time to run.
No time to even scream.

The car hit Myungsoo's side, sending us tumbling off the road, down the hill, and into the forest below.
 


Author's Note

two updates in one day O.O
haven't done that in a while xD
actually...this fanfic is coming to a close...so i guess i tend to write as much as possible so i don't lose the ending it have pictured in my head.

title quote: "I want to protect you from a future"
"베일에 싸인 니 길에"~BTD (Before the Dawn)