Dear Jonghyun

Dear Jonghyun

 

---


Dear Jonghyun, the older man sat down on their bedroom floor, unable to speak.

I’m sorry. For what? He thinks. For loving me when I didn’t love you?

I wasn’t enough for you. You’re perfect, kind, and handsome, unlike me. I understand why you would do this to me. It’s okay. Really. It’s okay if you don’t love me anymore. I’m not handsome and I’m heartless. I do believe it’s mostly my fault, even if you say it isn’t.

But it isn’t. The brunette whispers to no one in particular.

But, why did you do this? I really wasn’t good enough for you, huh? I have to tell you how hurt I was when I came home, happily, hoping you were happy to see me. All I got was seeing you half with some other girl. I guess I wasn’t enough? You were my first kiss, my first boyfriend. My first everything. I loved you with all my heart, and I still do. I was ready to be with you forever, I was committed to you Jonghyun, but you weren’t.

He couldn’t take it anymore. Jonghyun started to tear up when he realized the worst had came. Key had left him. And it was true, Jonghyun knew, he didn’t show love and it didn’t seem like he cared about what Key thought. Why did he act this way? He, himself, did not know. Maybe it was the fact that Key always came crawling back to him, begging him to never leave. He’d always seemed so weak. Too weak to even argue back.

I honestly can’t believe this though, why, Jonghyun, why? Is it me? I’m sorry. I have to leave before you get worse. Don’t blame yourself. I hope you know I still love you.

He continued to read the letter, teardrops smearing the ink.

And, I hope you love me too. Even after...that. Who am I kidding, why would you love me ...

Jonghyun couldn’t believe what he was reading. He would’ve ripped up the card if he wasn’t so upset. He loved Key, he didn’t understand why he was blaming it on himself.

I’ll end this letter on a happy note. Kim Jonghyun, I love you and you’ll always be in my heart. Even if you don’t love me like I love you, I still hope I can be a person that you remember. If someone cheers you up when you are sad, or when you’ve been through many things, I hope you remember me. When you’re done reading this, I’m already gone. Miles away from you, so you won’t have to see me again. Remember, I love you and no one will ever be able to replace you. Live a good life without me, Kim Jonghyun. I love you...



Forever and always,

Key.


Jonghyun’s face was covered with tears. How could he have let Key slip away with the snap of his fingers? He knew he had to do something, but what? He sat there, re-reading the note over and over again. Jonghyun decided to get up and get his cell phone. He called a number.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Mrs. Kim, is Key there?

The response was enough to kill him.

He committed suicide just last night.

-----
A/N: ...Sad Jongkey is sad? Sobbing tbh, I didn't think it was this short...

I hope you enjoyed reading though...Comments are l o v e d < 3

Heres a Key gif to cheer you up c:

 

Tumblr | Livejournal