Romance in the Rain

Romance in the Rain

Dragging the bags along with them made the journey back to their dorm seem much longer. As the boys got halfway back, there was a clap of thunder and the maknae almost jumped out of his skin from the sudden noise. BaekHo laughed, but his goofy smile left his face when rain poured from the sky.

 

The two ran towards the nearest shelter. They ended up standing in a bus stop. Ren placed the bags on the floor and wiped the droplets from his face as BaekHo looked out to the wet scene before him. He also put his bags on the floor but without a second thought, the plucky teen took off his coat and ran into the rain. Ren watched with shock as his band mate danced in the puddles like a kid.

 

“Come on out, Minki-yah! The rain is fine!” BaekHo laughed. Ren obliged and removed his long brown coat from his arms. He left it with the bags and ran over to BaekHo.

 

BaekHo grabbed his dongsaeng’s hands and span around. When they stopped, Ren grabbed BaekHo’s shirt to stop himself from falling over from getting dizzy. The balancing technique turned itself into a hug as Minki wrapped his arms around the older member. The other hugged back and the two teens stayed in the same position for a few minutes. All care about them getting soaked was lost as BaekHo cupped Ren’s face with his hands. His face leaned in and their lips connected with a kiss.

 

Ren’s heart was thumping, his first kiss getting taken from him just like that. He wasn’t complaining though – He had been saving his lips for BaekHo ever since they met.

BaekHo’s hands left Ren’s face and wrapped themselves around the smaller boy’s body, pulling him closer. Their chests were touching, and both could feel each others’ heartbeat. Both were moving as fast as each other, both were in sync.

 

BaekHo and Ren’s lips disconnected. By now, they were both dripping wet. Minki’s fringe stuck to his forehead and his ponytail sagged. However, BaekHo’s ridiculous amounts of hair gel made his do waterproof.

 

The pair looked at each other with soft eyes before walking back to the shelter where their bags and coats sat and as they did so, the heavens opened and the rain was reduced to nothing.

 

When they got back to the dorm, the manager chuckled at the two wet boys, especially Ren and his mop-like hair. The bags were carried to the kitchen by Aron and JR as MinHyun snickered on the couch.

 

Ren and BaekHo got changed into dry clothes and emerged from their bedroom with towels on their heads a few minutes later. Ren rubbed his head with the towel in an attempt to dry his hair off a little and when he took his towel off, MinHyun doubled over laughing.

 

“You look like a poodle!” MinHyun snorted. BaekHo glared at him before picking up the hairbrush under the vanity mirror. He combed the maknae’s hair back to its original state as Minki watched his hyungs put away the groceries.

 

JR turned to Ren and BaekHo holding the packet of strawberries.

 

“BaekHo did you look into Ren’s puppy eyes again? You know that’s dangerous” he asked.

 

“You just can’t say no to those eyes!” BaekHo leaned backwards slightly, embarrassed at his lack of resistance.

 

Ren looked up at JR with the same eyes that caught BaekHo off-guard earlier.

 

The leader sighed and grabbed a bowl. He opened the strawberry packet and proceeded to prepare the fruit for the blonde. You really can’t say no to the cute maknae!