Went a Little Like This

My First Kiss [one-shot]

It was a lazy Tuesday, late afternoon. Unseasonably hot for April, Key resorted to a pink-tank-top-and-black-leggings combo to keep himself cool. Most of them had a rare, but welcomed day off. Minho was stuck shooting his drama, but the rest of the band was lazing contently around the dorm.

Key waved his fingers to Onew and Taemin as he passed by. The two of them were sitting on opposite sides of the couch, sprawled out to keep cool while watching some Japanese variety show on the television. No doubt wanting to get some extra 'studying' in before their Japanese tour. They both waved back half heartedly, with just a rise and fall of their hands while Key slipped into Jonghyun's room.

Closing the door behind him, he took a few strides across the room and sat himself right on the edge of Minho's bed, opposite of Jonghyun's while crossing his legs and placing folded hands on his knee.

"What are you up to?" He questioned. It was not lost on Key that he had simply barged into his hyung's room without even knocking. Jonghyun, who was sitting on his bed with his ankles crossed over one another, wearing only a pair of dark grey boxers and a white tank top hadn't even looked up from the laptop that was perched atop a pillow, on his lap.

"Youtube." The elder stated simply.

"Hmm..." Key hummed in response, slightly swaying back and forth with pursed lips. "What are you watching on youtube?"

"Videos." Jonghyun answered distractedly, fidgeting with the white 'beats' headphones that were wrapped around his neck. Key didn't even grace his response with a roll of his eyes. Instead, he pushed himself off the bed to crawl in next to Jonghyun, leaning right over in front of the screen to see what the other was viewing. It was a fancam of the "My First Kiss" performance he did live with Taemin. Key pulled a face, leaning back to sit up in a position similar to Jonghyun's while he pointed at the screen with a slender finger. "Why are you watching this?"

"It came up on the sidebar of suggested videos from what I was watching, so I put it on..." Jonghyun shrugged.

"Do you do everything Youtube tells you to do?" Key raised an eyebrow, attempting to sound serious, but mostly failing. "I guess more of the question is, what were you watching before this, that this video came up as a suggestion!" The blonde couldn't help the cackle that came out of his mouth, smacking his band mate on the arm while he laughed. The brunette, smiled but didn't laugh in return, which automatically signaled to Key that something serious was on his mind. Key nudged him with his shoulder. "What's with the face, yeobo?"

Jonghyun finally turned to look at Key, eyes wandering over his face as if he were searching for something. The younger of the two pulled his eyes away from the video of Taemin shaking his pink sequined dress clad to meet Jonghyun's brown eyes.

"What was it like?" Jonghyun blurted out and Key simply blinked in response.

"What was what like Jjong?" Was he referring to the performance, or...?

"Your first kiss, Kibum. What was your first kiss like?"

"Oh..." Oh.

An awkward silence fell around them. Key turned his head away and looked over to the window as he his lips. From what Jonghyun could see, it must have looked like Key was reminiscing or possibly even feeling insecure about the sensitive subject of the question at hand. What Jonghyun couldn't see though, was the mischievous grin sneaking it's way onto the younger's lips.

"Well," Key began, composing himself and sighing before turning back to the other boy. "It was... clumsy, but sweet." The blonde gave a sort of half smile, continuing on with his story. "You see, he was kind of an idiot, the first guy who ever kissed me."

Key's eyes flickered quickly to read Jonghyun's reaction. He could see well groomed eyebrows furrowed together, lips pressed together tightly, rendering themselves thin. Kibum swore he could almost see Jonghyun's mind racing.

"It was a few years ago, I can't remember exactly when." Key paused, tapping a finger to his lips. "He was really good looking, you know? In fact, I think he’s probably one of the best looking guys I've ever seen, honestly." He nodded to himself for emphasis. "I could tell he liked me, even before he knew it himself. He was always looking at me, touching me, wanting to be near me, wanting my attention. I think it was pretty obvious." He snuck another look. Jonghyun's nose was scrunched up, round eyes slightly narrowed and his lips down turned slightly. Kibum knew that face, not that it wouldn't have been easy for anyone to read, really. Jonghyun was jealous.

Kibum bit his lip in thought, trying to figure out a way to word it so it wasn't completely obvious. He deciding foregoing certain details were in order.

"One day when we were hanging out together, just talking, and he started looking at me. Not just looking at me, but looking at me. Looking at my lips, specifically. Then he got really quiet and started leaning in closer to me, like he couldn't help himself. Like I was drawing him in or something."

"And then right before our lips met, he hesitated and looked up at me, really nervous like... and he asked me, 'Kibum, can I kiss you?' And of course I said yes." Jonghyun's face was priceless. Key almost wished he could have somehow video recorded this entire conversation. He honestly couldn't remember the last time he had seen Jonghyun practically seething with anger.

"It wasn't spectacular or anything," Key brought his hands up to shrug along with his shoulders before slapping them back down onto his thighs. "We bumped noses, it only lasted for a few seconds. Honestly, it was really awkward. I definitely liked my second kiss with him better than our first one."

"Who was it?" Jonghyun asked, deadpan.

Oh god he really hadn't figured it out yet. Key was trying his very hardest not to snort out laughing.

"Oh, it's someone you know."

"Who?" His voice was still flat.

"Well, he has the same last name as me." Just how many Kim's did they know? A lot. Jonghyun included. Clearly Key wasn't giving him the answer he wanted and the brunette was getting impatient.

"Kibum, stop being a gossipy and just tell me who it was." It was almost like Jonghyun could have added a 'so I can find them and kick their ' onto his statement.

The younger turned his whole body, hands slipping up to gently cradle either side of the pissy boy's face in his palms. Affection dripping from his voice when he finally spoke. "Well, he's pretty dumb, and also short. Sometimes he's an and he likes to unnecessarily call me a . But usually he's thoughtful, sweet and likes to spoil me rotten... and I care about him more than anyone in the world." Finally, finally, he could see the recognition light up across Jonghyun's features and his entire expression softened. "It was you, stupid." Key ran his left thumb across the other boy's cheek bone.

Soon after though, confusion set across Jonghyun's face. "But... I thought our first kiss was on your bed? After I told you that I liked you."

"That, was our second kiss," Key figured he should have probably been annoyed that Jonghyun blocked their first kiss from his memory, but selective memory came with part of being in a relationship with Kim Jonghyun. "That awkward disaster you brought upon us was my actual first kiss.” Key smiled, leaning in to gently press a soft kiss to the corner of other boy’s mouth. “And I’ll never forget it.”

Jonghyun actually looked genuinely sorry.

"That time... Did... did I really ask you permission to kiss you?"

"Yup."

"I really said something like that?!"

"Yup."

", Kibum am I really that lame?"

“Yup."