Chapter 3

My NU’EST Enemy: Sugar and Spice is not Always Nice

As the big day draws near, I am working extremely hard on my mousse techniques. If lemon tarts are Baekho’s specialty, then mousses are considered mine. I can create any type of mousse! From tiramisu mousse, to mocha mousse, to strawberry, to cheesecake, to chocolate, to truffle, the list is endless. However, I’m worried about how the contest would be organized. I heard from upper classmen that you have to make two desserts in a certain time limit. One is a specific dessert, and the other is just a broad type of dessert. Hopefully, there’ll be a mousse in there!

I have to admit, during class, Baekho is pretty pro at making any kind of flavor of pastry cream for his tarts. I can’t understand how someone with such an annoying attitude could be so passionate about his tarts. Huh. I’m still going to beat the pants off him though!

“Whatcha thinking of, Soon-soon-soonie?” Baekho interrupted my thoughts.

“Nothing, sheesh! I’m just thinking of my first place trophy at the contest!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Ha! You and your mousses won’t be able to beat my tarts! Moose are big ugly animals hahahahahahahahah. I crack myself up,” he joked.

I shook my head tauntingly at him, loss at words. I’ll prove him wrong, I thought.