Chapter 1

My NU’EST Enemy: Sugar and Spice is not Always Nice

The moment I saw HIM, I knew we wouldn’t get along. First of all, he was a new addition to my class (I hate new students! They’re always in the center of attention!). Second of all, this guy was constantly talking to all the girl classmates in this seductive voice while swiping his lips with his thumb (Ew!). He even uses his “y” voice to persuade the lady instructors to give him A’s! Seriously, Baekho is a BIG HOE (Excuse the pun). And the last reason for why I hate Baekho Kang is that he is a really good pastry chef. Okay okay, I know it’s not good to be jealous, but I can’t help it! I was first place in pastry school for the whole year so far until HE showed up! The school I go to is called Lee and Jung’s Pastry Academy (LJ Academy for short). At any rate, I was top student in LJ Academy, beating all the upperclassmen! I’m only a freshman, so that just emphasizes the fact that I’m a baking prodigy! But since, Baekho showed up, it’s been a sugary battle of flour, baking soda, and sugar to see who can turn out first in the Annual Confectioners’ Contest!

You might be wondering what the Annual Confectioners’ Contest is. Well, basically it’s the big contest at the end of each school year that is really important for like scholarships and college stuff. If you get first place, it’s a big honor and you receive a whole truckload of money! When the time comes for the Annual Confectioners’ Contest, all thoughts and worriment of grades disappear, and every student is bent over concentrating on the perfect caramelizing techniques for crème bulee, panna cotta, etc. Of course, I’m brushing up on my own special creations, but I can’t stop thinking about my opponent: Baekho. I’m sure I can beat everyone in my grade, but I’m not so sure about the blonde guy with the huge arm muscles…