Time's A'Tickin

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

this oneshots dedicated to JazeMarie unnie!!!!i hope you like!!!!

Bang Yongguk

You stared him down, your eyes narrowed to slits and your arms crossed angrily in front of you. The nerve of him, how could he forget me! You continued the stare down, not batting an eyelash. You had been asked to wait in the café right across the little bookshop that you worked in so that your boyfriend could come and pick you up. You had been waiting for 2 hours before you decided that you might as well head home yourself. You reached the apartment that you shared with him and he had just walked in, an hour after you.

“What? I forgot all right! It’s not a crime!”

“Yongguk, if this was the first time it had happened I’d forgive and forget, but you do realize this is like the 5th time you’ve stood me up? I’m sick and tired of waiting!”, you shout back.

“It’s happened 5 times already?”, Yongguk looked at you clueless.

You throw your hands up in frustration. “You know what, I’m not waiting for you ever again! You make me feel worthless Yongguk! Am I not even worth that much to you that you can’t remember a simple promise you make me? It’s not like I’m asking you to go move the sun or something!”

Angry tears started to spill out of your eyes. Turning around, you wipe them away in a hurry. I’m so tired today and now this? I’ve got enough on my plate with classes and work, I don’t need this frustration on top of it. You slam the door to your bedroom closed and go lie down on the bed, facedown, letting the hot tears fall freely.

You hear the telltale sound of the door creaking open and without lifting your head, you mumble, “Get out, I don’t want to see your face.”

In the next second you felt a hand on your shoulder shaking you. “Hey come on, forgive me? I’ll try not to forget next time!”

You looked up and shot him a death glare. “Get out now Yongguk. I’m tired and I’m cranky and if you don’t leave this instant I’m in no way responsible for what I’ll do.”

Not heeding your words, Yongguk settled onto the bed. “You know, if you want to hit me, go ahead!”, he shrugged nonchalantly.

You stare at him wordlessly. What? I don’t even, I just…I can’t take it, I have to leave. With resolve, you get off the bed and stalk over to the shared closet, snatching your bag and a jacket off of the hooks. Without a second glance at him, you march out of the room to the entrance of the apartment. Footsteps followed your every move and upon you putting your shoes on, you’re whirled around, strong hands gripping your forearms.

“Where do you think you’re going? It’s late!”, Yongguk asked, worry creasing his face.

“Since you,”, you jab his chest to emphasize, “Won’t leave me alone, I’m leaving to find some peace! Now let me go!”

Yongguk stared at you, contemplating. You tap your foot with impatience. In a blink of an eye, you suddenly find your feet lifted off the ground. Wait, what’s happening?

“Yongguk! Put me down!”, you pounded your fists against his back.

Finally you were set down, thankfully gently, otherwise you would have blown a gasket, and he stood glaring down at you.

“How can you just leave like that? You know it’ll only get worse if we don’t sort it out!”

“I’m done sorting things out! You never listen and you just keep making the same mistakes over and over…”, you look down at your hands.

“Hey, I’m sorry babe, I’m really going to try this time.”, he lifted your chin and gave you a sincere look.

Smiling slightly you let him know he was forgiven. At that precise moment your stomach let out a little rumble. The two of you looked down at it in surprise and then you were laughing at the perfect timing that your hunger had to strike.

Grabbing your hand, Yongguk pulled you up. “Come on, let’s go have some dinner!”

The next day Yongguk had promised to pick you up after your shift, and this time he was adamant that he would be there on time. As you finished up, you took a peek out of the bookshop window, but there was no sight of him yet. He’ll be here ____, give him another chance. You walk out all ready and yet he wasn’t there. Like a mantra, you kept repeating in your head that he’ll be here soon and with this in mind, you walked to the café you had sat in yesterday waiting. 15 minutes later, you get up. Well, sometimes it’s impossible to change one’s habits, I guess his being late is one I’ll have to get used to. As you walked to the subway station, you heard someone shout after you. Did I forget something? When you turned around, there was Yongguk standing in front of you, breathless.

“Hey, I told you I would be here! You should have waited a little more!”, he huffed out.

“Well, 15 minutes had already passed, I just really wanted to get home.”

“What? That’s how long you’ll wait for me? 15 minutes?”

Scowling, you replied, “Yeah, that’s all. Those 15 minutes are precious to me.”

“Hey, I’m sorry. I just got caught up for a bit, then I decided to get these as an apology.”, Yongguk held out a bunch of daisies.

Taking them with a small smile, you give them a whiff before linking arms with Yongguk. I like this ending better…

so howd yall like????as usual...leave requests and please comment!!!!thnxies!!!!