Shoo Bug Don't Bother Me

A Second's Escape: A Collection Of Oneshots And Scenarios

this oneshot is dedicated to slat101!!!!...sorry for finally finishing it ages after...but i really hope you enjoy it!!!!thank you for your request!!!!

and this was a very selfish oneshot...seriously...first of all i was inspired from being sick myself...i wish i had someone to look after me...sobs...second of all ive been watching we got married and gaaah!!!!the couples are so cute when they look after each other!!!!and third...well...im not the only one who really wants to look after my significant other when theyre sick right????...its cute...anywho...enjoy reading my lovely readers!!!!

Kevin Woo

Getting off the bus with hands laden with bags filled with groceries and other things, you quickly walk inside the apartment complex in front of you and hurry into an elevator. Putting down your heavy load, you press the button for the 10th floor, relieved for the short minute of rest the ride up gave you. As you go up, you mentally go through your checklist, making sure that you had everything you needed. Finally the elevator shuddered to a stop and grabbing your bags again, you head out. Not wanting to put the bags down again, you use your elbow to ring the doorbell and wait for it to open as you hear footsteps from the other side.

The door opened and revealed your boyfriend, in a state far worse than you had imagined after what Eli had told you. “Oh, ____… What’re you doing here?”

Narrowing your eyes, you shoulder your way in. “You know you forgot your phone in your car right? Good thing Eli picked up, I’d left like a billion messages for you Kevin!”

He winced a little at the angry tone of your voice, quietly picking up the bags you’d set down to take off your shoes and bringing them to the living room. You quickly put on your slippers and follow after him. As he set the bags down, you studied him. His nose was a bright red and guessing from the constant sniffling you heard coming from him, it was stuffed too. When he’d answered the door earlier, you noticed his voice was hoarse and scratchy, the irritation now causing him to cough, which he tried to do discreetly to not worry you, but it didn’t fool you. There was a sheen on his face, so you step closer to him and place your hand on his forehead. Yup, a fever… I’d told him to rest a little and take care last week, guess he didn’t and now look at the state he’s in.

“So I see everything’s just fine with you huh? Glad to know that you didn’t need any extra sleep or good old fashioned honey and lemon tea to help you get over that sore throat, what a waste that would have been.”, you say sarcastically, your arms crossed and you had a look on your face saying ‘I told you so’.

Coughing once more, Kevin sheepishly looked to the ground. “Ha, yeah…about that… But don’t worry, the doctor said I’ll be alright in a couple days or so.”

Shaking your head, you proceed to carry the bags you’d brought into the kitchen. That boy, he’s never going to learn is he? I bet he’s hardly had anything to eat and if he did, what good does he think ramyun’s going to do? You knew your boyfriend perfectly because as you started to unpack the bags, you spied an empty cup of ramyun in the recycling bin.

“Woah, why’d you bring all of this? Ooh, chicken…”

“Do you know where your pots are kept? And the chopping board and knife?”, you asked as you bustled around the kitchen, opening the cabinets and drawers in search of the things you needed.

Walking around, Kevin got them out for you and with them in hand, you got to work. The first thing you did was separate the meat off the chicken you’d bought from the bones, though you made sure that not all the meat was stripped off, and once that was done, the bones were placed in the pot Kevin had took out for you. Then you washed and cut up some green onions, ginger, garlic and green peppers. You did this all under the watchful eye of your boyfriend who had now taken a seat on the stool across from you, his eyes beginning to glisten with hunger.

“What’re you making?”

“You see, I don’t want to leave you under the negligent care of yourself so I had to intervene, it’s chicken soup.” Having filled the pot with water, you set it aside to cook and began to cut up some more ginger, which was then pounded and placed in a smaller pot of water. “And your ginger tea will be ready in a minute or two too.”

At that Kevin made a face. “Do I have to drink it? It tastes so horrible… Is it really necessary? I don’t like it, I don’t like that spicy after taste of the ginger!”, he whined.

You pause momentarily from your chopping and shoot him a look that shushed him immediately. “I’ll put honey in it okay? That’ll help it to taste better, plus the honey’s good for your throat too. Satisfied?”

Kevin gave you a bright smile, before frowning. Putting his elbows on the counter, he placed his chin on his palms and stared at you. “You know, you’re quite snappy today… It’s just a bug and it’s not that bad.”

Heaving a sigh, you pause from your cooking. Scrunching up your nose, you thought back on your behavior and Kevin was right, you’d been horrible from the moment you’d walked in. Turning your back to him, you proceed to wash the rice.

“I’m sorry… I guess I just kind of freaked when I saw you. Eli said it was a small cold so I’d come expecting that, but then I saw you and you were burning up too…and…and… And you’re a singer! You’ve got to learn to take better care of yourself okay? With your lifestyle it’s a miracle you haven’t gotten sick more often and not as seriously…”, the snappy tone had reappeared once again. Wincing, you say in a softer voice, “I just don’t like seeing you sick.”

You’d finished washing the rice and so you turned to place the pot in the rice cooker, only to walk straight into Kevin with his arms open ready to give you a hug from behind. The water splashed out of the pot at the collision and spilled all over the front of his shirt.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry.” You quickly put the pot down and started wiping the wet area with a paper towel, though of course that did nothing to dry the shirt.

“Hey, hey, it’s okay, I’ll just go change. This isn’t doing much anyway.” Kevin took the paper towel from your hand and placed it onto the counter before heading toward his room.

Embarrassed, you shout after him, “Yah! Be careful next time okay? Seriously, it’s a good thing it was just water I was holding…”

Kevin just gave a small chuckle before he disappeared behind his door. Sighing, you clean up the water on the floor and refill the pot again. Well, the back hug would have been nice…if only he’d done it a bit sooner. Walking back with a clean, dry shirt, you passed him a steaming mug filled with golden liquid. The smile Kevin had been wearing when he re-entered the kitchen completely disappeared as the smell of the ginger tea filled his nose. Giving you a pitiful puppy dog look, he pushed the cup back toward you, but you only pushed it back to him.

As he stared at the cup for a good couple of seconds, you say exasperatedly, “Just drink it okay? Why should taste matter when it’ll do wonders for you?” As he continued to still stare at you, you walk around till you’re standing beside him. “I put the honey in already and tasted it, there is no spicy after taste okay?” Apparently that wasn’t enough assurance for him because his hands weren’t budging one bit from their spot in his lap. Picking his hand up, you place it around the cup. “Drink it yourself or I’m going to force it down your throat, without giving you a pause. Which would you rather prefer? The ability to drink it down slowly or your throat being scalded by the tea hmm? Cuz I’m fine with either really, it’s all for your good and one way or the other that tea is going to be drunk.”

Kevin looked up and seeing the seriousness in your face, he quietly took a sip. “Oh, the aftertaste isn’t there!” Happily, he took a much larger sip before putting the cup back down, content with the taste.

You walk back to the chopping board shaking your head. “Have a little faith Kev and seriously, a bigger baby I have not seen anywhere else. What’s a little ginger going to do to you huh?”

A little while later the chicken soup was done and as you poured it into a bowl, the rice finished cooking too. Placing the bowl of soup on the dining table, you motion Kevin to go sit as you got the rice. He hadn’t waited for the rice to come before digging into the soup, it’s aroma being too difficult to resist for a long time. As you watched him scarf the food down, albeit a bit slower than he would like due to the risk of burning his tongue, you smiled to yourself, pleased that the meal had come out so well. Walking back, you take out the kimchi you’d brought along with you and get yourself a bowl of rice too.

When you sat down, Kevin stopped eating. “Aren’t you having the soup too?”

Smiling, you shake your head. “No, there’s not enough for me and you if I want to leave some leftovers for tomorrow. I also need some of the soup for the porridge I’m going to make you. I’m fine with this, I’m not the sick one here.”

Kevin looked at you guiltily, feeling bad that you were eating just kimchi and rice because of him. “Thanks for this, I really appreciate it you know.”

You give a small laugh at the sudden seriousness in his voice. “You’d better appreciate it or the next time you’re ill I’m leaving you to yourself.” Inside though you were bubbling with joy, grateful that he was at least appreciating your efforts. “And what type of a girlfriend would I be if I were to leave my ailing boyfriend alone with no care? Just eat and get better okay? There’s no better thanks than that.”

Nodding, Kevin continued with his meal. Why tell him that you’re fulfilling your own dream by doing this? Seriously though, why do I find taking care of him to be so romantic? It’s like I’m his savior or something… You giggle to yourself and when you find Kevin giving you a questioning look, you shake your head to indicate it was nothing, but you couldn’t keep off the silly grin on your face.

Suddenly he stopped, took a look at you and then proceeded to lift a spoonful of soup to your mouth. “Here, at least have one sip.”

You stare at him in disbelief. “You wan’t me to drink that?”

“Why not? It’s not like I have germs or something.” You an eyebrow at him, waiting for his words to sink in. “Oh…I do have germs…”, he said sheepishly.

“It’s fine Kev, seriously, I’ve had more than enough chicken soup before too.”, you say laughing.

After having seconds, Kevin sat back and let out a sigh of satisfaction. “I ate so much I think my stomach’s going to burst, but that was so good. Yum.”

“That’s good, you need your energy to fight this thing away. Why don’t you go sit on the couch while I clear up hmm?”

Kevin quickly got up and grabbed both yours and his dishes. “Nope, you go take a rest, I’ll clean up, it’s only fair.”

You agree and go to sit on the sofa, putting your legs up as you waited for him. When Kevin came into the living room, you quickly put your feet down so that he could sit down.

When he sat down, he placed his head on your shoulder. “Ah, I feel so sleepy now.”, he said yawning.

“Then sleep. Here, you can put your head on my lap.” You quickly grab one of the cushions on the sofa and place it on your lap, patting it for Kevin to put his head on.

“You sure?”, he asked as another yawn stretched his mouth to its limits.

Nodding, he quickly lay down on the pillow and put his feet up. You started to his hair and within minutes he’d fallen asleep. You quietly feel his forehead again and were relieved to find that the fever had gone down a little. You wait a little while longer before you carefully lift Kevin’s head along with the pillow off your lap and quickly make your escape. As he slept, you cut up the chicken and fried it in preparation for the chicken porridge you were going to make. You take the chicken off the heat just before it was fully cooked so that when it was time for dinner, the chicken could be reheated without drying out.

With everything having been chopped up before, you had nothing to do so you took out your cell phone and looked for other things that could be done to help Kevin get better faster. After a little while, you put the phone away and get busy again. You’d read that a mixture of cranberry and orange juice was really good, but since you didn’t have any cranberry juice, you decided to cut up some fruit in case Kevin woke up while you went out shopping for some. Though you’d rushed to the nearest grocery store, it had still taken you a good 45 minutes and you had been expecting to find an awake Kevin when you entered the apartment again, but he was still lying on the couch sleeping like a baby.

Placing the fruit into the fridge, you mix the two juices and leave the cup out so that it wouldn’t be cold when Kevin finally woke up. Since it was nearing seven, you decided to start making the porridge as it did take an hour to cook. You used some of the chicken soup from earlier as water for the porridge, hoping that it would help to give it more of the chicken flavor. While the porridge cooked, the smell of it wafted around the apartment filling every nook and cranny and of course, it woke Kevin right up.

Rubbing his eyes, he sniffed the air. “Mmm, what is that smell ____?”

“Chicken porridge Mr. Sleepyhead. Here, drink this.”, you say as you pass him the cranberry orange juice. He took it quietly and smelled it carefully. Glaring, you say sternly, “No complaints now, drink it. I had some and it’s quite good.”

Shrugging, Kevin drank it all down within mere seconds. “What was that?”

“Cranberry and orange juice. Good right? Super healthy for you too. There’s more cranberry juice in the fridge so you can have some more tomorrow, but make sure to leave it out for awhile and not drink it cold okay?”

“Alri…oh chicken!” Kevin reached out to steal a strip of chicken from the pan, but you slapped his hand away.

“It’s not cooked yet! Patience Kev, patience.”

Grumbling a little, he went to wash the sleep from his eyes. As he was in the bathroom, you started to fry the chicken again. You’d timed it perfectly once again because the chicken was done the moment the porridge was and to Kevin’s great pleasure, you poured him a large serving and gave him a generous amount of chicken too. This time though, you decided to join him in his meal as you were too curious as to the taste of the porridge to not eat it.

“Oh, wow, it turned out well.”, you exclaim in surprise, happy to find that using the chicken soup had helped to give the porridge that chicken flavor you had been hoping for.

Kevin stopped eating to stare at you. “You mean this is the first time you’ve cooked porridge? You used me as an experiment?”

“Why? Is using you that horrifying?” You laughed when you say how flustered he became. “Don’t worry, I’ve made porridge so many times before I could probably do it with my eyes closed. Plus, it’s not really the hardest thing to cook.”

“Then why the surprise?”

“That’s because it’s the first time I used chicken soup to make the porridge.”

“So that’s why it tastes more like chicken than usual! I thought my taste buds were going crazy or something… And that’s why you didn’t have the soup this afternoon.”, realization crossing his face.

“Yup, now eat up before it gets cold.”

Sadly, the two of you had managed to finish most of the porridge, leaving so little that it didn’t even serve as one serving.

“Shoot, maybe I shouldn’t have eaten more. I’d wanted you to have some for breakfast tomorrow…”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way than this, you deserve to eat what you made too. Why don’t you just make some plain porridge for me?”

You nod your assent and as Kevin washed the dishes, you started on the porridge for his breakfast. As the porridge sat on the stove cooking, you and Kevin once again made your way to the sofa again, the plate of fruit you’d cut earlier in your hands. You two sat side by side eating quietly.

“Thanks for coming by ____. I hadn’t wanted to worry you, but I’m glad you came. I liked you looking after me, it felt…good.”

“I liked me looking after you too.”, you saw with a grin. “But seriously, the next time you’re feeling even a little under the weather, just do me a favor and listen to my advice okay?” You made him pinky promise and seal it with a thumb stamp. “And don’t forget your phone either… It’s not exactly the best feeling having your boyfriend’s phone being answered by his friend and being informed of your illness, I’d much rather you tell me. Do you even know how worried I was?”

Yawning, he enveloped his arms around you. “I’m sorry, the next time I promise to tell you.” Giving him a quick hug, you stand up and out of his embrace. Pouting, he asked, “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to make some more of that delicious ginger tea that you love so much before you fall asleep on me.”

You walk into the kitchen laughing as moans of protest were directed to your back.

not quite sure if the cranberry orange juice thing actually helps but it somewhat helped me...and ive never tried making porridge with chicken soup but i think that might be the secret ingredient to the divine chicken porridge i always had in singapore...but ginger tea does really help!!!!...if any of you are feeling under the weather or anything...

sooo...howd you guys find it????leave me your thoughts below!!!!

and...of course...all requests can be left below for me in the comments or you can message me!!!!im finally about to finish all of my current requests...woot woot!!!!all i have is a song joong ki one and my list is completely bare...so request away!!!!